mickq Member 740 Member For: 23y 5m 8d Posted 27/07/07 12:38 PM Posted 27/07/07 12:38 PM (edited) Hey all,Well its very overdue, but I have posted the first part of my review that I promised a couple of months ago.For those who dont know me, I am a long time site visitor, a huge XR6T fan ( I have had two T's), and recently went an SS-V.After you stop gasping, if you are interested, go have a quick read. I have tried to be unbiased and open. I am not a one-eyed Ford or Expensive Daewoo supporter. I just support fast cars in general.Its quite a detailed review. Part one is posted today, which talks of why and why not for various alternatives I could have bought. More juicy bits tomorrow - I think those who are into driving hard will find it an interesting review. I just need to do some proof reading before more goes up, and maybe a couple more road tests during the day to generate some additional detailed information on speed, revs, gears etc.I will post another link here tomorrow for the next bit. I may include all the rest in one big hit tomorrow....depends on the time I have available. Click here to go to the first part of the review on my site. Edited 27/07/07 12:43 PM by mickq
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 27/07/07 12:56 PM Posted 27/07/07 12:56 PM Good read there Mick , I will definitely wait wait interest for the next article.
mickq Member 740 Member For: 23y 5m 8d Posted 27/07/07 01:00 PM Author Posted 27/07/07 01:00 PM Good read there Mick , I will definitely wait wait interest for the next article.Thanks....I think people will find it all quite amusing and also interesting once its all posted.I put a fair bit more detail in than a normal review covers.Money back if tomorrow's part 2 doesnt make you crack at least one big grin
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 14d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 27/07/07 08:26 PM Posted 27/07/07 08:26 PM Get it airborne at 140kmh and aside from the suspension on all four corners bottoming out when you land , it just kept on revving and dares you to do it again. Ask me how I know….*Crosses ex-lease black XR6T from list of next cars to buyGreat story so far, interesting that you put in an order for new Late model camira without actually driving one. Not knocking the Commodore, I'm sure they are great, but for someone who is obviously "into" cars and writes such a detailed report on the XR6T it just seems a bit odd not to actually try before you buy. I guess you had already made your mind up about the Late model camira going by your "haircut" comments (good description!).Agree with you about the magazine reviews. They seem to love talking up a new model and then six months later suddenly find all these flaws.
F6TEEN Legacy Donating Member 286 Member For: 19y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: Mitcham, Vic Posted 27/07/07 11:14 PM Posted 27/07/07 11:14 PM (edited) awesome write up!! part 2 please Edited 27/07/07 11:14 PM by F6TEEN
EvilDaifu Cruise Whore Moderating Team 5,130 Member For: 21y 1m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 27/07/07 11:48 PM Posted 27/07/07 11:48 PM Hey mickq, Great write up so far - your style is entertaining I'm pretty much in a similar situation to you, I can get "endless" fuel so long as it is stock.But I still pay - in my case, there is a huge difference between the lease costs for a current BF II T and the new VE SS-V. A bit too much for my liking.Will look forward for more from you on this!
mickq Member 740 Member For: 23y 5m 8d Posted 28/07/07 02:48 AM Author Posted 28/07/07 02:48 AM (edited) Thanks for the feedback guys.I ordered one before I test drove one for three reasons:1) It was just after release: I could not find any to test anywhere. 2) I didnt want an XR8, didnt want another XR6T (unless Ford boosted its power which they didnt) and I was pretty confident that at a minimum the SS-V would be quick, so would likely be an ok change of scene anyway. Interestingly I was in a similar situation when I bought my first T: none were available to test drive, there were just about none on the roads (used to have crowds gathering around mine when I came back to the car in a shopping centre in the early days!). Also I did a lot of reading of reviews. I was interested in quick cars, and as soon I read all the reviews with comments like "forget the WRX...the next cult car....massive torque.....great handling" etc I decided to take a leap of faith and order a T - something I never regretted.I was in a similar situation with this car...and again took a leap of faith. (It was that or order a 3rd T!)Oh, and for your viewing pleasure, here is Part 2: First Impressions!Will be tryng to get the hard core 3rd part out some time tonight.PS I just noticed some code appearing around the photos when I checked the review in Internet Explorer for some reason...will get to the bottom of it a bit later. I have been reading it in Firefox which renders it properly without issues. Edited 28/07/07 02:58 AM by mickq
qwigybo Member 288 Member For: 20y 4m 27d Location: bendigo home of SFA Posted 28/07/07 03:24 AM Posted 28/07/07 03:24 AM good reading there, awaiting the next stage "the grunt files"
nathen ride the lightning Legacy Donating Member 338 Member For: 19y 11m 20d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 28/07/07 04:48 AM Posted 28/07/07 04:48 AM looking forwood to the next piece
EvilDaifu Cruise Whore Moderating Team 5,130 Member For: 21y 1m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 28/07/07 05:58 AM Posted 28/07/07 05:58 AM Good read mickq - keep 'em comin
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now