Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 7m 25d
Posted

After waiting 4 weeks for the salesman to email me a quote I got sick of waiting and drove the 200kms to the dealership today to ask WTF. Two hours later he handed me a hand written quote that read $72000 OTR. I folded the quote up, handed it back to him and told him to stick it!. "wait fifteen minutes, I will talk to the boss and see what I can do for you", he said as he stumbled off trying not to make eye contact. A good part of an hour later he handed me a new hand written quote that read $68262.30 OTR. I wont say what I said!

Am I wrong in thinking that this is well over what most dealerships would sell a brand new Typhoon for, or did I just have a reality check! I will be ringing around for a few more quotes on Monday.

The question I would like to ask (and I know its been asked in the last couple of months) is, HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY FOR YOUR TYPHOON INCLUDING ON ROAD COST? This question is directed more so towards Queensland members.

The quote is as follows:

BF MK II TYPHOON AUTO $61810

SUNROOF $3000.00

LEATHER TRIM $1243.75

Roading costs:

GOVERMENT STAMP DUTY $1332.00

REGISTRATION $512.30

C.T.P. INSURANCE $272.00

PRE-DELIVERY & FREIGHT $2495.00

Purchase Price: $71986.30

Less Trade: $3724.00

TOTAL COST $68262.30

Thanks Judd

  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted (edited)

$2500 for a predilivery and frieght.....you could fly anywhere in australia and pick one up for less than that...... :spoton:

Leather trim:$1243.75..? i thought FPV's came with leather if you liked it or not..?

Edited by hiddeous
  • Iconoclast
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: CH
Posted

Ring another dealer, the one in Clownsville looked after my phoon well and I have a straight up NBS salesman here in Coffs.. Ring me and I will give you his number,,,

0418 343 429

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 11d
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Theres one here in Perth done 4400 k's for 44 or 48k seemed pretty good price .

But 72k is what I got quoted and that included shares in FPV well that's what I was expecting at that price.

.

  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted

Whilst mine was a demo at the time ( December 06, 3000ks)I got tints , sunroof , custom leater, mats, 19s etc for sub 60k drive away.........not saying any more

  • Get on the end of it.....
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: CQ
Posted

what dealer ship did u go to

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sunshine Coast QLD
Posted

Is that Friendelys?

They played the same game with me earlier this year when I bought my ute. Full retail.

I purchased elsewhere, then they cracked the sh*ts with me!

Are you in the position that you are actually ready to purchase yet?

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 24d
  • Location: Brissy Norf siide
Posted

I bought a dec 06 phoon no options brand new in March this year for 57,500 drive away.

Tell the salesman he's dreamin!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted (edited)

Some dealers are just wankers, about 2 weeks ago I was getting prices on a territory and I went into one dealership who I had got prices off before and found them to be good to deal with so I though I'd give them a shot. Told them exactly what I wanted and when they found out I wasn't from the immediate area they told me to get a price off my local dealer and bring it back and they will see if they can beat it. I told them that I'm not into this whole back and forwards crap and he would get one chance to give me his best price straight up and if it was the best I would get it from them, simple as that. The wa*ker didn't even ring me back. I have meet the DP at this particular dealership before and he seems like a really good bloke so have a guess who I'll be visiting to show off my new car :blink:

Edited by JBomb3000
  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

No point ringing dealers for prices. They will only quote RRP over the phone. Go to the dealership and look like you are ready to buy if you want serious prices.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...