Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 15d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 19/07/07 01:00 AM Posted 19/07/07 01:00 AM Congrats Geoff.Is that hill really as big as it looks in that vid.....no wonder you guys are getting slower times up there......
ford number 1 Legacy Donating Member 602 Member For: 22y 1m Gender: Male Location: N/W Sydney Posted 19/07/07 01:06 AM Posted 19/07/07 01:06 AM Congrats mate,its good that your getting the results youve been aiming for
Master G Legacy Donating Member 511 Member For: 22y 11m 7d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 19/07/07 01:24 AM Author Posted 19/07/07 01:24 AM Thanks guys, been a while coming. Only really pushed hard to get 10sec pass once the Car was complete inside and out, etc for the Street Fords Article.Mods list is comprehensive and as the car is now 'officially' finished I will be posting up another thread in a day or so with a complete history including mods.As far as the run is concerned, running MT Streets and using a Dominello modded 4 speed including a 3600 Stall converter. To get the right launch I have just been working on making sure that I had the heat/grip in the MT's to ensure that I could use the stall to its maximum, and for the 1.5 60' I was stalling it to 3500. For me the key points are that the car was Full street trim and I drove it, so that makes it a true 10sec street car. Since WSID didnt actually ban me for the run I might have to head out next week to see if I can maybe push the bar a little lower.RegardsM G
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 5d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 19/07/07 01:36 AM Posted 19/07/07 01:36 AM That's a great way to finish a project.A genuine 10s pass in full street trim and weight, plus as a sedan, puts you in a special class.My view is that this is equivalent to running a 9s in drag setup and reduced weight.The fact that you have driven it, unlike others who get better drivers to drive their car, makes your achievement even more special and fulfilling.Sincerest congrats and accolades thoroughly deserved.Brian
DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 7d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 19/07/07 01:46 AM Posted 19/07/07 01:46 AM Well done Geoff It looked very clean the pass and the weather was bloody cold last nightI think that makes you the quickest TRANNY in Aus! CYA JEFF
Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 19d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 19/07/07 01:47 AM Posted 19/07/07 01:47 AM speed including a 3600 Stall converter.Ahh explains the good 60foot timeDoes your convertor have lockup? I'm assuming not as I would imagine you have a smaller diameter convertor, but I thought I'd ask the question anyways.What kinda power / boost levels you running, assuming its standard xr6t bottom end still.Danny
JP300 Legacy Donating Member 842 Member For: 21y 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 19/07/07 02:08 AM Posted 19/07/07 02:08 AM Congratulations MasterG and to the boys at Autotech ... looked like a very clean and easy pass.
MYWPN Legacy Donating Member 554 Member For: 21y 2m 28d Gender: Male Location: Bendigo Posted 19/07/07 02:14 AM Posted 19/07/07 02:14 AM Ahh explains the good 60foot timeDoes your convertor have lockup? I'm assuming not as I would imagine you have a smaller diameter convertor, but I thought I'd ask the question anyways.What kinda power / boost levels you running, assuming its standard xr6t bottom end still.DannyI agree that is a really good 60ft, I only wish I could get mine to hook up and anything near 3500rpm. well done
TornadoJudd Legacy Donating Member 818 Member For: 20y 7m 14d Posted 19/07/07 03:06 AM Posted 19/07/07 03:06 AM Ahh explains the good 60foot timeDoes your convertor have lockup? I'm assuming not as I would imagine you have a smaller diameter convertor, but I thought I'd ask the question anyways.What kinda power / boost levels you running, assuming its standard xr6t bottom end still.DannyIm pretty sure he has had his motor rebuilt with better rods and pistons. His car was the cover car in Street Fords a few months back and also is in the DVD that came with the issues. One of your mates might have a copy of the mag and DVD.
Mr Turbo Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds Member 2,777 Member For: 22y 1m 16d Gender: Male Location: Berwick Victoria Posted 19/07/07 03:07 AM Posted 19/07/07 03:07 AM that's awesome mate well done! Nice 60ft time mate ... Congrats!Rob...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now