How Many Kilometres Have You Clocked Up?

HellionXR6T

• Member For: 8y 2m 14d

By 2005 BA2 XR6T has done 370,000 km and still goes like brand new. I've had it 9 years this year and done about 300k of that 370k myself. She's on her second turbo due to the original getting compressor droop at 250k, but aside from that it gets regular engine and Trans servicing and is still going strong. At 500k I'm planning new valve springs and probably a timing chain and then a flash up to 270kw I think. 

• Like 4

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 21d
On 01/02/2016 at 7:13 AM, Krazy Kyle said:

Not when they have been lowered, on 35 profile tyres and come in Ute form. Sitting at 110km/h on course roads (as above, Nullarbor) is like being in a noise factory.

20s too right? that is probably not helping either :P But yeh, I take back my comment since I've had my suspension put it, would not recommend for long trips no more lol 

Keeping on topic, I'm at roughly 137,000kms (2008)...finally using the mrs car as daily so only doing like less than 10,000kms per year now :spoton: 

Edited by PTR_NITRO_FG

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 13y 6m 5d
On 2/2/2016 at 9:40 PM, Green Goblin said:

By 2005 BA2 XR6T has done 370,000 km and still goes like brand new. I've had it 9 years this year and done about 300k of that 370k myself. She's on her second turbo due to the original getting compressor droop at 250k, but aside from that it gets regular engine and Trans servicing and is still going strong. At 500k I'm planning new valve springs and probably a timing chain and then a flash up to 270kw I think. 

Is this maybe the highest XR6T that gets a mention?   I noticed Philtaxi commented with more but not sure if that's his taxi or an XR6T? 

Mines now on 260,000 odd kms,  late 07 BFii.   320rwkw (DynoDynamics) on LPG and largely due to doing the suspension sometime ago (Bilstiens, all superpro bushes, 2 rate up king springs etc) it still drives better than it did when got it at 100,000kms, and a I feel better than newer FG XR6T's or G6ET's.  Bar the brakes and engine response it's drive/ride/feel is more like  the bosses new FGX XR8.    Finally Ford got some reasonable suspension in these things stock. 

What caused your turbo to go at 250k?  Mine still seems to feel the same as at 100,000km as far as noise, free spin and play goes.  I did remove the turbo oil filter/clogger thingy at 100,000km so not sure if that's helped?

It does seem that these things will steam on for many km's if serviced well.  I change 10-40 nulon synth every 10,000km, I'd do it sooner if it was on Petrol, but LPG is better for oil and engine life. 

Part of me wants to sell it to move onto other things, another part wants to see just how many kms an Aussie built car that can run a low 12 at 116mph with probably about 500 engine hp can do.  

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 2

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 22d

Good to see yours still going strong Spoony - was some of your earlier posts that encouraged me to go the JTG setup

• Like 1