ford number 1 Legacy Donating Member 602 Member For: 22y 1m 6d Gender: Male Location: N/W Sydney Posted 08/07/07 09:39 AM Posted 08/07/07 09:39 AM Ok untill we can remove the turbo and port the waste gate more the minimum we can get away with ATM is 398RWKW @ 15 - 16 psi slightly climbing as rpm increases. Might add a little boost at the start and round it up to a whole 400 just for the number crunchers.Gee mate I really feel sorry for you with the minimum power you can get away with ..Seriously though that is an awsum result and the writeup/pictures are very informative
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 11d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 08/07/07 09:39 AM Posted 08/07/07 09:39 AM Wow, that's awesome power!! Well done
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 3d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 08/07/07 10:32 AM Posted 08/07/07 10:32 AM any further news???when are we going to the track to run some numbers???????????
Paul@eliteauto Member 843 Member For: 20y 1m 3d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 08/07/07 10:33 AM Posted 08/07/07 10:33 AM Great to see you got the wheel in motion James.Does this mean you will be at Willowbank for test n tune this wednesday night!Cheers Paul
O2STOCK Legacy Donating Member 607 Member For: 21y 20d Location: Brisbane Posted 08/07/07 10:58 AM Author Posted 08/07/07 10:58 AM Inital runs were in the high 300 low 400 RWKW but boost was rising with zero waste gate command !! These Plasmaman kits flow a lot of air, I think a external waste gate is most likely the go. Tried split dump and single 4 inch dump both from Xforce but the turbine gas flow was still too high there-for the turbo made more boost at the top end even though the waste-gate was open 100%.After tuning vonn was able to run a nice 380ish RWKW tune on 15-16psi with a little timing removed, as the fuel supply is still to be sorted (Read not fitted yet).Will post graphs later
FastR1Red Member 360 Member For: 21y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Mt Waverley Posted 08/07/07 11:44 AM Posted 08/07/07 11:44 AM Well done, awesome result. Amazing how much progress has been made with all the R&D gone into the right places.Looking forward to the final results. Will have some unbelievable power.
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m 7d Posted 08/07/07 11:46 AM Posted 08/07/07 11:46 AM (edited) FANTASTIC!I'd hate to have to put up with a lazy 400RWKW. Edited 08/07/07 11:47 AM by RAPHOON
Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 08/07/07 01:03 PM Posted 08/07/07 01:03 PM (edited) Inital runs were in the high 300 low 400 RWKW but boost was rising with zero waste gate command !! These Plasmaman kits flow a lot of air, I think a external waste gate is most likely the go. Tried split dump and single 4 inch dump both from Xforce but the turbine gas flow was still too high there-for the turbo made more boost at the top end even though the waste-gate was open 100%.After tuning vonn was able to run a nice 380ish RWKW tune on 15-16psi with a little timing removed, as the fuel supply is still to be sorted (Read not fitted yet).Will post graphs laterNice workTo give you a bit of idea.. When I removed my wog cooler, and switched to the nizpro cooler / plenum setup, I could NOT get any less than 17psi boost with 0 duty, and that was after I modified my wastegate the first time..To control the boost, I had to put a cat back into the exhaust.. Then boost was setup to 15psi, with approx 70% duty at 5000rpm (12psi actuator)After I removed my turbo the second time, re-ported it MORE, and contoured the port towards the flange of the turbo, opened it right up, really only leaving about 1-2mm of seat left, then put it on the car.. I put it all back together, and I found it peaked LESS boost than before. I had to re-tune it to give it MORE duty cycle than before to bring it back to 15psi..Then I removed the cat, and crossed my fingers (please no more 17psi with 0 duty)..And presto, it spiked to 17psi as it come on boost, and the beauty of using closed loop boost control, it stablised back to 15psi boost.. I then retuned it by lowering the duty cycle all over, especially at approx 3500rpm where boost comes on so it doesnt spike past 15psiBeautiful.. Perfect 15psi boost control EDIT: how much was it opened.. Like my original mistake? or right up leaving 1 to 2mm seat? with conturerd towards the flange... I have no regrets on how big I ported mine.. considering I already saw heat cracks with 3-4mm worth of seat, I though, its just gonna crack anyways at standard size..Danny Edited 08/07/07 01:07 PM by Headsex
KW CONNER Member 52 Member For: 19y 5m 4d Location: Cessnock Posted 08/07/07 01:10 PM Posted 08/07/07 01:10 PM WELL DONE MATE . Imagine what it would put out with the xtra timing .
EZ2CME Formerly XR6NA Member 3,512 Member For: 20y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 08/07/07 01:16 PM Posted 08/07/07 01:16 PM Wow they are some impressive figures. Enjoy
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now