jet_paul Member 56 Member For: 19y 11m 5d Posted 14/02/07 01:41 PM Posted 14/02/07 01:41 PM hey guys just about to sell my 2litre turbo and move into a real car.I was going to try and get a 2003 xr6t or xr8 with about 50,000ks and in good nick for about 25.witht the turbo I would probably get the nizpro stage 1 kit and exhaust, cooler upgradewith the xr8 I would probably do the CAPA powerdyne $3,995 supercharger upgradewould it be similar power? what would be quicker?and what would retain its value the most?I know this is a xr6 turbo site so I can expect to hear some favored oppinions.
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 14/02/07 01:45 PM Posted 14/02/07 01:45 PM T will be quickerResale will be poor for eitherGet the T
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 29d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 14/02/07 01:55 PM Posted 14/02/07 01:55 PM go the T easer and cheaper to mod and they handle better with out all that weight over the front end.
Desert_phantom Member 141 Member For: 20y 18d Gender: Male Location: NT Posted 14/02/07 02:07 PM Posted 14/02/07 02:07 PM As an xr8 owner you can guess my answer!As far as handling... stiffer springs up front will fix any real probs, maybe drop it an inch or two aswell. The fact is these cars are both better suited to out right speed than taking corners like an R34 GTR skyeline. But really, I love the big donk up front over the wheels. It feels solid as. All this stuff about the xr6t handling better... well I had a T spin out in front of me taking an intersection not overly fast, in fact I know my xr8 would of be fine. It does have a bit of weight to shift but the engine weight definately keeps those front tyres on the road. The xr8 goes hard, looks tough, sounds sweet and although im still just enjoying stock power levels, I can tell you that with a big high tech engine it has PLENTY of petential. And as far as cost vs kw...Pfft.Im stickin with the 8! Its so far been relatively bullet proof dare I say it!But in all honestly they are both beautiful cars, The XR8 just happened to push my buttons when taking it for the test drive. The first time you floor it at around cruzin speeds, and it kicks back , I was sold!
chooch Member 256 Member For: 22y 8m 2d Location: Adelaide Posted 16/02/07 08:01 AM Posted 16/02/07 08:01 AM Is there a forum dedicated to XR8?Is there a forum dedicated to XR6T?
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 1m 1d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 16/02/07 08:01 AM Posted 16/02/07 08:01 AM well you have asked the question at www.fordxr6turbo.com.... What you think we gonna say
TurboDewd FG Falcon fan! Member 1,452 Member For: 23y 3m Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 16/02/07 08:53 AM Posted 16/02/07 08:53 AM XR6T weighs 100kg less, that's 0.2 to 0.3s off ya quarter mile already.
aiboart Member 665 Member For: 21y 8m 21d Posted 16/02/07 10:37 AM Posted 16/02/07 10:37 AM (edited) The XR8 is a fine car.The XR6T is just an amazingly practical, do everything, fun, non stop grin inducing minor classic. See!Regards,aaps just remember to get one with the Premium Brakes. (or with the after market version thereof) Edited 16/02/07 10:49 AM by aiboart
ROLMDL role model Member 1,111 Member For: 20y 6m 26d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne,S.E Posted 16/02/07 10:41 AM Posted 16/02/07 10:41 AM XR6T
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now