Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Gold Platinum Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted
as promised the pic of my other helli's, they are

Kyosho concept 60

Hirobo Shuttle 32

LMH 100

Walkera 36 and the new one, PicooZ super minature helicopter

there is another Kyosho concept 60 in the cupboard still to be assembled, and a crashed Hirobo shuttle in the shed

Who drew on your wall :crybaby:

  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted (edited)

in short, yes, the cyclic multi channel helli's require a lot of patience and practice, but once mastered they are very rewarding to fly,

however the cheap 2 channel helli's like my PicooZ could be mastered in a few hours

Edited by BAturb
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gladstone, QLD
Posted
Are they hard to fly?

Hell yes. I liken it to learning how to run before you learn how to walk.

The hovering is probably the hardest skill to master (excluding 3D flight), but in order for you to fly it at all, you must first learn to hover. I spent a long time learning to hover, take off and land. When I mastered that I moved onto forward flight and found it was a piece of p*ss.

My biggest drama at the moment is the direction the heli is travelling. With the tail towards me I can fly with no dramas, but when the tail is away from me I keep forgetting that everything I need to do on the controls is reversed.

Had a lot of close calls. (Oh, and speaking of close calls - always check the switch positions before plugging the battery in. I've got some nasty scars from overlooking this)

Panda

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I have enough money hogging hobbies as it is but you guys are making it sound like fun, you really shouldn't do that to me so close to Christamas

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Dam, I have now cut my arm, and broken 2 sets of blades.

I have also had to wire up the top of the rotor after both crashes.

I tried flying in my garage and it went sideways and hit a cabinet (one set of rotors) so I thought I would take it outside and I was hovering when a gust of wind blew it into the swingset.

I give this model credit as it has only smashed the blades and the last crash I thought it would be terminal, but only another set of blades.

Now I need to go and get more.

I think it is best flown indoors in a large area or off a cricket pitch as the tail was hitting the grass.

On a brighter note I think I have the hovering almost sorted out.

It is good to see that this Heli is like every other RC vehicle in that it costs a lot to have fun.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 1m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melb
Posted

damn I hate how email notification is not working !!! missed half of this..

I see we have both mode 1 and mode 2 fliers here

After owning both petrol and electric ones, I have come to the conlusion that I prefer electrics better..

I dont mean any electric one, But inparticular this T-REX SE I have.. its small, agile, and its power to weight ratio is quite comparable to a 30 sized heli with a 90 sized engine.

Ohh, and if it hits you, it doesnt hurt much :)

My opinion on learning 3d, I originally had a 30 sized ergo, that was my learner.. I got the realflight g3 software, and started on that, then I purchased a Twister 3d Expert (brushless motor option), and I found I was hell of a lot more confident putting the twister through its paces knowing that 1) if it hits anything, its cheap to fix, 2) if it hits me, it wont hurt like a 50 sized heli with wood/carbon blades.. as shown by that picture..

Since then, I purchased the T-Rex SE, and that's litterally a monster. Havent thrown this one around as much as the twister (replacement alloy bits are expensive), but I'm getting there :)

Dan

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: nsw
Posted

I have a quote on realflite 3d with helis

320 from kellets liverpool

I have played this program and its 99% real.

great way to learn to hover and fly without breaking things

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...