mattson Award Winning Photo guy Legacy Donating Member 1,340 Member For: 22y 8m 27d Gender: Male Location: Burleigh Waters Posted 29/11/06 03:50 AM Posted 29/11/06 03:50 AM I got made redundant about a month ago too... luckily I have been busy setting up my photography business, so I have a fall back
Phoon Legacy Donating Member 284 Member For: 20y 9m 4d Gender: Male Posted 29/11/06 04:03 AM Posted 29/11/06 04:03 AM Heres one out of the box. Set up you're own business and get in contact with all the companies you used to service. As a single operator, you wont have large overheads and will be able to charge out your time at a much cheaper rate than the company that just dumped you 1 month before xmas. Behind every dark cloud, the sun is lurking and waiting to come out Cro. Go and make it happen mate.CheersJeff
dal_dhillon Member 425 Member For: 21y 7m 12d Location: Hurstville, Sydney Posted 29/11/06 08:07 AM Posted 29/11/06 08:07 AM Sorry to hear about it mate!Hope you get something real quick!!good luck Mate !Dal.
crans Member 275 Member For: 20y 5m 1d Posted 29/11/06 08:16 AM Posted 29/11/06 08:16 AM Few jobs going at my work if your willing to relocate to Perth
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 16d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 29/11/06 08:58 AM Posted 29/11/06 08:58 AM (edited) You might have to move back to Canberra, they reckon there is a shortage of IT workers here.http://info.anu.edu.au/hr/Jobs/General_Pos...ns/_DOI3755.asphttp://info.anu.edu.au/hr/Jobs/General_Pos...ns/_LAW3745.asphttp://www.jobsguide.com.au/search_results.asp Edited 29/11/06 09:04 AM by Falchoon
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 29/11/06 10:11 AM Posted 29/11/06 10:11 AM I hope you sort something out asap.Hopefully someone on this site can help you out ....plenty of I.T workers on this forum.Brian
ducatijb Legacy Donating Member 3,448 Member For: 23y 6m Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 29/11/06 06:45 PM Posted 29/11/06 06:45 PM Sorry to hear Ivan...Wonder if all you IT workers will have to move to India
Guest Guests Posted 29/11/06 08:25 PM Posted 29/11/06 08:25 PM Sorry to hear that mate, sounds like you need a track day.
harvyk Member 1,070 Member For: 21y 7m 2d Location: The North Cooma End of Canberra... Posted 30/11/06 09:10 AM Posted 30/11/06 09:10 AM I'd say Canberra is the place to go for IT workers,myself and one of the PM's today where talking, we are currently at 16 SE and SSE's and we where thinking that for the amount of work that we have going we would be needing at least 24 more people. (a really large relocation is happening at the end of next year, the planning and prep work is starting now, not to mention a massive virtualisation project)If you interested (and don't mind moving back to Canberra) I'll send you up some contact details...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now