Ba To Be Bf'ed

Ninka

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 5d
Complete harness for lhs of vehicle

There are additional wires associated with the 6 speed shifter in the loom, and I did not want to go chopping and adding wires to the loom, but opted for a factory complete loom, this is true of the dash and rhs loom as well

Complete dash harness

ABS modulator unit - BF use a different ABS modulator, and it has a different plug on it, so to make it connect to the lhs engine bay loom, it had to be changed.

BF Master Brake cylinder

The BA unit has 2 different size brake pipes, and thus thread sizes, a BF F6 has 2 large ones.

Change transducer for Power Steering

BF has 3 wires on the tranducer, where BA has only 2

Steering column with BF ignition lock

Apparently the BF runs a different security system, and I did not want to chance the BA key not working in this system,

Door barrel

Now use the same key as ignition

Glovebox lock and handle

Now use the same key as ignition

BF Alternator + new rear bracket for same

BF has a 'smart' alternator, which has 3 wires and a different plug on the regulator, and thus the BA loom cannot be used. Also the Fuse Box in the engine bay would not be configured for a BA alternator plug to plug in.

New BF Alternator harness

Same as above

Hey mate just a quick question but why do the items I've quoted need to be replaced?

How much was the complete engine bay harness and 2 side harness's?

I agree that some of the parts may have been unnecessary, and the rhs/lhs wiring looms could probably have been modified to to work, but I have opted to make a complete transformation, to make my car to the same specs as an 04/2006 BF F6, and in doing so, keep things EXACTLY as they would be on that model vehicle.

Thanks for the interest :spoton:

Thanks for the info, very intresting.

Did you buy the looms new or did you buy them from a wrecker's, is it a big job to replace all the looms in a car like you have.

• Formerly Turbo6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 21d

And here I am whinging about some pipes that will not fit my new turbo and other trivial little stuff................... :blink:

Crikey, I would hate to be doing this! :yikes:

• Donating Members

Did you buy the looms new or did you buy them from a  wrecker's, is it a big job to replace all the looms in a car like you have.

It was a combination, with most coming new from Ford, and the dash loom and lhs engine bay loom coming from a wrecker.

Danm right it is a big job to replace the looms, and the scratches on my hands have only just healed from fitting the engine loom, what a b*tch :spit:

What are the looms worth new, I have a ba xr8 shell I'd like to possibly do this to. It has had both fuse boxe's ripped out and needs a bit of work.

I'd probally just pay my auto elec to fit it all as it's a bare shell, all that's left is the roof lining.

• Donating Members

Did you buy the looms new or did you buy them from a  wrecker's, is it a big job to replace all the looms in a car like you have.

It was a combination, with most coming new from Ford, and the dash loom and lhs engine bay loom coming from a wrecker.

Danm right it is a big job to replace the looms, and the scratches on my hands have only just healed from fitting the engine loom, what a b*tch :spoton:

What are the looms worth new, I have a ba xr8 shell I'd like to possibly do this to. It has had both fuse boxe's ripped out and needs a bit of work.

I'd probally just pay my auto elec to fit it all as it's a bare shell, all that's left is the roof lining.

Most of the looms are in the $350 - $550 range ea, except for the dash loom, which I think was about $800 new. Considering the amount of wiring and plugs involved, I didn't consider the cost unreasonable

Good luck with your project.

My car is at Ford to get all the programmes loaded, so in the next day or so I hope to be driving it again :spoton:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 6m 27d

Allan,

Fantastic effort, I love reading your techo mad posts. So the car is now almost completely a BF ?? What's next ... I don't think there is much more you can do !!! Maybe 4WD.....

Cheers

Robin.