XR68UZ XR68UZ Legacy Donating Member 732 Member For: 20y 8m 24d Location: Sydney Posted 29/10/06 09:31 AM Posted 29/10/06 09:31 AM did u guys know that the ve ss is the equivalent of the vz sv8, and that the ve Bogan special is the equivalent of the vz ss?
GEoMaNTiK Member 179 Member For: 20y 11m 9d Location: Melb (Mexican) Posted 29/10/06 12:30 PM Posted 29/10/06 12:30 PM (edited) The new SS specs are 13.8 1/4 which is only .2-3 quicker than a T.So this is an opportunity for someone with a stock T to get their machine down to WSID and show how quick a T is... would be nice for a BF 6spd auto and good launch, who knows what will happen??? Edited 29/10/06 12:31 PM by GEoMaNTiK
JimmyXR6T04 Member 1,299 Member For: 21y 3m 13d Location: Canberra Posted 29/10/06 01:17 PM Author Posted 29/10/06 01:17 PM (edited) The new SS specs are 13.8 1/4 which is only .2-3 quicker than a T.So this is an opportunity for someone with a stock T to get their machine down to WSID and show how quick a T is... would be nice for a BF 6spd auto and good launch, who knows what will happen???←I agree There are a few very confident VE SS owners who think they'd flog an XR6T or F6, so it would be good to get some 6sp autos out there and see how the match up. I honestly don't think there is that much between the cars for either camp to be overly confident, should be a good day depending on work, I might even go up myself. I think the proposed date so far is 21st January 2007. So its still a while a way! Hopefully the T5 olds up ok if I do take it down the track Edited 29/10/06 01:19 PM by JimmyXR6T04
GEoMaNTiK Member 179 Member For: 20y 11m 9d Location: Melb (Mexican) Posted 29/10/06 03:03 PM Posted 29/10/06 03:03 PM (edited) I agree There are a few very confident VE SS owners who think they'd flog an XR6T or F6, so it would be good to get some 6sp autos out there and see how the match up. I honestly don't think there is that much between the cars for either camp to be overly confident, should be a good dayMaybe the very confident owners are the ones that read Motors specs, raided the bank and ran to their local Expensive Daewoo dealer in pursuit of low 13's.Now if Motor isn't blowing smoke up everyones arses and are correct - F6 owners BEWARE!!!If Wheels holds the truth, then it will be pretty equal for the VE SS & BF T and the F6 will destroy the newbie on the block.Can't wait to hear the results... Edited 29/10/06 03:04 PM by GEoMaNTiK
Blonk Iconoclast Legacy Donating Member 4,330 Member For: 22y 6d Gender: Male Location: CH Posted 29/10/06 08:22 PM Posted 29/10/06 08:22 PM Jimmy,What are you doing on the other site????After seeing Als stock BF F6 run 13's no problemo I think the F6 has the VE beat already....Unless they edit...
qwigybo Member 288 Member For: 20y 5m Location: bendigo home of SFA Posted 29/10/06 09:16 PM Posted 29/10/06 09:16 PM The new SS specs are 13.8 1/4 which is only .2-3 quicker than a T.So this is an opportunity for someone with a stock T to get their machine down to WSID and show how quick a T is... would be nice for a BF 6spd auto and good launch, who knows what will happen???←I ran 13.82 in my mk1 xr6t 4spd stock
GEoMaNTiK Member 179 Member For: 20y 11m 9d Location: Melb (Mexican) Posted 29/10/06 09:34 PM Posted 29/10/06 09:34 PM I ran 13.82 in my mk1 xr6t 4spd stocknow that's what I would love to see up against a VE and the BF launches with the new ZF are generally a little bit quicker...
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 29/10/06 10:10 PM Posted 29/10/06 10:10 PM I did 7 runs in my totally stock (4,000km) F6 and all the runs were between 13.2-13.4This is with street rubber @40psi and a full tank of fuel. I had heaps of crap in the car and I weigh 140kg. Jim (f6BF) had the same car except he had a K&N filter and ran 12.9's all night. He would be 50kg lighter than me. All the runs were at WSID in 24deg track temp.The Bogan special owners must be kidding themselves if they think they would even be within a car length of a F6.
jonom Member 96 Member For: 20y 11m 15d Location: South East Suburbs Posted 29/10/06 10:52 PM Posted 29/10/06 10:52 PM Jimmy,What are you doing on the other site????←I've seen you there too , this will be an interesting event if it does take place.
Blonk Iconoclast Legacy Donating Member 4,330 Member For: 22y 6d Gender: Male Location: CH Posted 29/10/06 11:46 PM Posted 29/10/06 11:46 PM (edited) Jimmy,What are you doing on the other site????←I've seen you there too , this will be an interesting event if it does take place.←I am sure it will, I know a couple of stockers that ran 12.8 in a BF..Problem with the phoon like the XR6T is they dont stay stock for long when less than a grand can see an extra 100+ hpAnd I was only there to check up on Jimmy and I actually think it was me that started the whole thing......... Edited 29/10/06 11:47 PM by Blonk
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now