XRT06 Member 72 Member For: 20y 7m 4d Location: Townsville. Qld Posted 09/10/06 11:22 AM Posted 09/10/06 11:22 AM This might be a really stupid question but my car is sitting in my garage and has been for the last 2 months, cause of some moron crashing into it but anywho. I was just wondering if disconnecting the battery from the car to stop it from draining it will do anything to the computer/electrics ?Cheers, Daniel
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 18d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 09/10/06 11:26 AM Posted 09/10/06 11:26 AM it wont do anything detrimental will just reset the "learned" portion of the tune. Remember negative off first and back on last...
Lord Cyric Just sit back and enjoy the ride...! Legacy Donating Member 1,121 Member For: 23y 1m 17d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, NSW Posted 09/10/06 12:54 PM Posted 09/10/06 12:54 PM Yep, it's okay to do it. I disconnect my battery whenever I disappear overseas for more than two weeks. Once you reconnect the battery, leave the car alone for a minute or two while the car computer "boots up". Once you see the "Smart Lock" light flash by itself on the dash, then she's ready to rumble.Not necessarily electrics-related but still very important... let the car idle for a few minutes in order to get the "juices flowing" inside the engine. After a few weeks of sitting still, all your engine oil will have pooled down in the sump. Let your T warm-up properly before driving off so that you get the oil lubricating your engine parts again.
XRT06 Member 72 Member For: 20y 7m 4d Location: Townsville. Qld Posted 10/10/06 08:21 AM Author Posted 10/10/06 08:21 AM Cheers lads, will do thanks for the advice.Daniel
PumpedUp Member 90 Member For: 20y 2m 26d Location: Mehico Posted 11/10/06 12:17 AM Posted 11/10/06 12:17 AM The problem I have is, when ever I try & disconect my battery, the factory car alarm goes off in my ear & nearly deafens me! Does anyone know how to dissable it(I have tried the remotes already)? Can anyone help me???
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 1m 2d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 11/10/06 01:09 AM Posted 11/10/06 01:09 AM The problem I have is, when ever I try & disconect my battery, the factory car alarm goes off in my ear & nearly deafens me! Does anyone know how to dissable it(I have tried the remotes already)? Can anyone help me??? ←your alarm should have a "valet" button to turn it off temporarily
F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 25d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 11/10/06 02:51 AM Posted 11/10/06 02:51 AM The problem I have is, when ever I try & disconect my battery, the factory car alarm goes off in my ear & nearly deafens me! Does anyone know how to dissable it(I have tried the remotes already)? Can anyone help me??? ←Turn the car to the 'On' postiion. Then remove battery leads.Goes against everything, but, it's how it's done..
Ford_Power Member 798 Member For: 23y 6m 9d Posted 11/10/06 05:41 AM Posted 11/10/06 05:41 AM The problem I have is, when ever I try & disconect my battery, the factory car alarm goes off in my ear & nearly deafens me! Does anyone know how to dissable it(I have tried the remotes already)? Can anyone help me??? ←Turn the car to the 'On' postiion. Then remove battery leads.Goes against everything, but, it's how it's done..←You need to turn the car to on and then between 1 and 3 seconds, remove the negative lead.
PumpedUp Member 90 Member For: 20y 2m 26d Location: Mehico Posted 11/10/06 04:06 PM Posted 11/10/06 04:06 PM Thanks guys, I'll give a go tomorrow.
coach3062 Member 91 Member For: 20y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: North west NSW Posted 11/10/06 09:07 PM Posted 11/10/06 09:07 PM If you are disconnecting the battery to stop it going flat and you wish to give it a normal life then make sure you cycle it whilst it is sitting out of the car. Regular charging is good for prolonging battery life.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now