phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 26d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 20/09/06 02:00 AM Posted 20/09/06 02:00 AM To John Stainton for a brilliant production for the Croc Mans Memorialif you missed out it is being replayed on channel 10 at 5.30 (qld)shazzy
jordak Member 1,226 Member For: 22y 3m 29d Posted 20/09/06 02:54 AM Posted 20/09/06 02:54 AM I always thought the guy was a bit of a knob personally and as such took little if any interest in what he was all about.With his passing it has become all to evident what a genuine person he was and just how much he gave of himself to the planet and its people, a true blue Aussie Legend.Leaving for work this morning I left the family sobbing on the couch as they watched the memorial and couldn't help tearing up myself as I spared a thought for the impact this man has had on so many peoples lives.
phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 26d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 20/09/06 07:18 AM Posted 20/09/06 07:18 AM He is a genuine bloke and "what you see is what you get"there were masses of local surfers doing a send off for him .."the circle of boards in the ocean"he has done a lot around here on the Sunny Coast most of all - taught us to respect and preserve our environment shazzy
DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 16d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 20/09/06 10:03 AM Posted 20/09/06 10:03 AM A real top bloke and proud Aussie we are worst off from his passing
F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 23d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 20/09/06 11:24 AM Posted 20/09/06 11:24 AM The saddest part, it takes his passing for us to realize exactly what he accomplished, and what he meant to so many.As is the case when anyone leaves the world.
phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 26d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 20/09/06 01:48 PM Posted 20/09/06 01:48 PM I must admit that I thought I was aware of most of the things he has done, however after hearing of ALL those projects throughout the service, I really knew very little.amazing human being and Bindi what a little trooper she is shazzy
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 19d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 21/09/06 08:52 AM Posted 21/09/06 08:52 AM I must admit that I thought I was aware of most of the things he has done, however after hearing of ALL those projects throughout the service, I really knew very little.amazing human being and Bindi what a little trooper she is shazzy←I don't know , but I reckon lil Bindy will end up carrying on the old mans legacy Can't think how tough all this must be on the family.
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 21d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 21/09/06 08:47 PM Posted 21/09/06 08:47 PM I am a little mistified concerning Terri's lack of noise, is all I'll say, watched the replay and was made sad again, bye Crikey
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now