T007 Woooooooosh Legacy Donating Member 734 Member For: 21y 2m 29d Location: Sydney Posted 23/02/07 12:11 PM Posted 23/02/07 12:11 PM What is the matter with you people maniacs
instro Member 67 Member For: 20y 5m 4d Location: South Coast NSW Posted 23/02/07 12:25 PM Posted 23/02/07 12:25 PM Somewhere between 215/220 in a hired Toyota Avalon on the Stuart HWY, 200 so far in the T220 in a S14 I use to own220 in 302 ute I used to own 215 in a EB 4L I used to own
Skooby Legacy Donating Member 398 Member For: 20y 4m 18d Location: Phillip Island Posted 23/02/07 12:47 PM Posted 23/02/07 12:47 PM I have only ever done 110 KPH. I was however, a passenger in my car while the WOG took it out on a test drive down the street... OMG! ←I'm sorry, I know im new to all this and this is probably a silly question, but who is this "wog" character of yours? when a car has been "wogged" what does that mean? is this a specific person or is there some sort of underlying problem with the greek and italian communities round here?←His user name is Dynowog. He owns and operates an engine management workshop in Coburg. Many of the guys have had their cars edited (wogged, capa flashed) through him. There's also the 'wog cooler', which of course is a bigger intercooler - not some ethnic esky..No underlying problems
snail Member 83 Member For: 21y 2m 10d Location: Perth WA Posted 23/02/07 12:52 PM Posted 23/02/07 12:52 PM OK boys....here goes!!!1. 310 kph in a racing square 4 rg500 suzuki at Sandown - I could fit into racing leathers back then and had about a packet of cigs at the end of each race 2. 250 kph in my stock XR6T - easy - handbuilt by the boys at FPV 3. 75 mph in a 1969 Expensive Daewoo on corregations somewhere between Ayres Rock and Pt Augusta - WE ENDED UP LOSING ALL OUR GEAR THAT WAS ON THE ROOF RACK Snailaaaahhhh...memories
EZ2CME Formerly XR6NA Member 3,512 Member For: 20y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 23/02/07 01:11 PM Posted 23/02/07 01:11 PM 2. 250 kph in my stock XR6T - easy - handbuilt by the boys at FPV ←Built by FPV?
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 23/02/07 01:13 PM Posted 23/02/07 01:13 PM Lost count of how many times I've hit the speed limiter in both my XR's.Also hit it in a VW R32 (250) whilst on a test drive, track of course
Blonk Iconoclast Legacy Donating Member 4,330 Member For: 22y 9d Gender: Male Location: CH Posted 23/02/07 02:34 PM Posted 23/02/07 02:34 PM Top speed is cool but how about average spped...I had an italian once drive my car 300kms in 1.5 hours... In traffic.. do the maths.....I have done over 300 in someones driveway...... Whats the bonus here.. I have held a bike on its back wheel when the speedo runs out at 299..... Whatever makes you feel good fellas, cause someone will always go faster..I THINK THIS THREAD SHOULD BE CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ENVY-T CNUTOX Legacy Donating Member 3,098 Member For: 23y 9m Gender: Male Location: Not sure? Posted 23/02/07 09:22 PM Posted 23/02/07 09:22 PM I had an italian once drive my car 300kms in 1.5 hours... In traffic.. do the maths.....←You too! I had the Italian job done aswell, and I loose my licence! He must be best mates with the POPE!
Muzza No V6 for me thanks!! Legacy Donating Member 583 Member For: 21y 2m Location: Newcastle Posted 24/02/07 12:52 AM Posted 24/02/07 12:52 AM 170kph, felt pretty good and the car felt to be stable at that speed. I done it on the way to philip island but dont tell anyone ok :punchhead:←170kmh then you put it into 4th,5th then 6th I hope???Muzza.
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 6d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 28/02/07 05:28 AM Posted 28/02/07 05:28 AM Ok, this is a tricky one .... I don't want to encourage the irresponsible use of speed, especially by those less experienced drivers.The T is an awesome machine capable of (fairly) safe, high-speed travel under ideal conditions and God knows I've been guilty of pushing the envelope (and the limiter), but you only get to die once ... I want mine to be of old age.2.2c (GST included)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now