Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: newcastle NSW
Posted

well boys, 416.8rwkw or 558rwhp gain of 46.8kw!! cann't wait for jambo!

post-6808-128205289977_thumb.jpg

post-6808-128205294921_thumb.jpg

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 9m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle
Posted

Hey all,

Looks like you all have been having fun!!

I've just about finalized my shopping list ready to start purchasing gear for a future tune but I've got a few questions.

1)Should I invest in a anti-surge tank such as process Wests kit or just upgrade my current pump? If so would I need to upgrade the in-tank pump to supply the anti-surge tank and Bosch 044?

2)From my understanding, generally the easier the engine can "flow" the easier it will be to gain power with less psi. So taking that into consideration I should ensure I invest in a quality and high flowing intake/cooling and full exhaust system? Any suggestions?

I'm not out for crazy power, but I want the Ute to be as reliable as it can be for the power it puts out.

Thanks for the help.

Andrew.

  • 09JET
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 3m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: E. Maitland
Posted

Andy what sort of power you looking at and will you be drag racing it?

What series you got again?

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 9m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle
Posted

It's a 2005 BF. I'm looking at a target of 300rwkw at this stage.

I haven't got any intention of dag racing.

My main concern was as people have been stating about fuel supply issues as they ramp the power up.

Thanks.

  • Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: central coast
Posted

Process west fuel system isn't the cheapest but it is the ultimate way to go , and the stock pump will feed the PW set up fine.

Have a look at his intake gear as well I am going to go for the 2.2 or 2.3 kit shortly , but going to put battery in the boot don't like the relocation kit.

Add a good high flow cat and 300 should be easy assuming you have injectors aswell'

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle NSW
Posted

well boys, 416.8rwkw or 558rwhp gain of 46.8kw!! cann't wait for jambo!

wow man that's awesome.. was that on E85??

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle NSW
Posted (edited)

and now I am extremely jealous LOL ive been tryin to crack that magical 500rwhp barrier for a while now and at the last dyno I was a mere 3.2hp short.. good luck at jambo, I wish I was comin too .. I'll be disapointed if u dont crack it into tha 10's :lurvedealer:

Edited by BF_F6Shockwave
  • Flat out like a lizard drinkin !
  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 8m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Coast
Posted (edited)

he will crack his diff before he cracks a 10 lol.... sorry mitch im just stirring.. but on a serious note bud, I do hope you have some work done to your axles and tailshaft. I would hate for you to go all the way up there and run into dissapointments. there is a converion kit going around now for a 9" install. may be somthing to look at.

As to Andrews query, 300 bags at the rear is easy to acheive with the 4.0 turbs, your right to some extent with flow comes horspower. to save you money bud I would ditch the surge tank, stick with Injectors, exhaust, with high flow cat, and a nice tune and I reckon you would be in the 300 braket with just that. fuel problems from my knowledge come from about 320 plus .. then a nice 044 would do the trick, surge tanks are nice and save fuel starvation at the high end of the horse range but for the figures you want I would pocket the money you have and grab a nice exhaust .... unless you go to around the 400rwkw mark in my opinion and experience just grab a nice 044 and be done with it..

But in the end if you want the right knowledge and experience just talk to one of the Tuners advertised on this forum, they will all lead you in the right direction.

Edited by FIERCE
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: newcastle NSW
Posted

c16 still, new turbo took place instead of E85 setup. hahaha yes we have done the rear end dan I cann't wait to run it!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...