Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Whistling, GTX.
Posted
Hi Jack.

With the bar on the bum as well, you will lose all your straight line wander and the car will come out of corners flatter, or you can push it much harder before it breaks traction in the bum  , depending on tyres and road conditions of course. The front bar is excellent, the rear one added is thick choclate icing on the cake.

Cheers 

Cheers Hypnodoc... looks as though I'll be getting one of them in the very near future... currently it's the weight transfer that's killing the power down... and hopefully this corrects it to some effect.

Jack :spoton:

  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • www.australianflag.org.au
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

How do I see site sponsers web pages so I can have a lok at these guys products?

If all else fails any chance you can PM me as well?

Scotty

  • Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Whistling, GTX.
Posted
How do I see site sponsers web pages so I can have a lok at these guys products?

If all else fails any chance you can PM me as well?

Hey Scott... if you are talking about GFS, it's in his sig, but I had a look and on their website they don't seem to have detailed descriptions of what they are able to offer suspension wise... but in saying that, I should imagine they are able to source anything that you want...

Are you after the whiteline swaybar?

Jack :yeahyeah:

  • www.australianflag.org.au
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted (edited)
How do I see site sponsers web pages so I can have a lok at these guys products?

If all else fails any chance you can PM me as well?

Hey Scott... if you are talking about GFS, it's in his sig, but I had a look and on their website they don't seem to have detailed descriptions of what they are able to offer suspension wise... but in saying that, I should imagine they are able to source anything that you want...

Are you after the whiteline swaybar?

Jack :yeahyeah:

Yeah mate, after reading all this I think a 27 mm on the front and 21mm on the back fitted somewhere in Brissy would be great. Then a mild brake upgrade followed by a lecture from the missus and I would be happy (For Now).

Scotty

Edited by Kimberley Scott
  • Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Whistling, GTX.
Posted
Yeah mate, after reading all this I think a 27 mm on the front and 21mm on the back fitted somewhere in Brissy would be great. Then a mild brake upgrade followed by a lecture from the missus and I would be happy (For Now).

Scotty

The front bar... get it... it's wicked... the rear bar, I don't know yet, but when I get it I will post up my results. If it's anything like the front bar, then it will rock too...

Jack :smilielol:

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 5m 12d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I have a 27mm on my BA V8 and as reported gives a flatter and sharper turn in. Reports from people on another forum (AFF) say that with the rear swaybar the BA has a tendancy to lift the inside wheel, in fact I'm sure I've read that Whiteline do not recommend the rear bar be fitted to the BA.

More research would be recommended.

YMMV

Guest ISAR
  • Guests
Posted
How do I see site sponsers web pages so I can have a lok at these guys products?

If all else fails any chance you can PM me as well?

Hey Scott... if you are talking about GFS, it's in his sig, but I had a look and on their website they don't seem to have detailed descriptions of what they are able to offer suspension wise... but in saying that, I should imagine they are able to source anything that you want...

Are you after the whiteline swaybar?

Jack :spoton:

Yeah mate, after reading all this I think a 27 mm on the front and 21mm on the back fitted somewhere in Brissy would be great. Then a mild brake upgrade followed by a lecture from the missus and I would be happy (For Now).

Scotty

Hi scotty I can help you with this as you know I am on the gold coast and my workshop is at ashmore.

Ian

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
Swaybars are undoubtably the best 'bang for buck' suspension improvment available.

We have a 30mm on the front of our Ute, and while it isnt really set up for the track, it does see Wakefield Park quite often. Increasing body roll stiffness in the front sharpens turn-in and promotes driver confidence. Increasing the rear will certainly give you more control as the weight transfer will be reduced.

Front solid spherical swaybar bearings ( see picture ) are also available for around $150RRP to replace the OEM items but this will increase NVH levels - ideal for track enthusiasts.

For less than $200 for a non-adjustable 22mm rear swaybar..I wouldnt hesitate.

:laughing:

So do you guys sell 27mm front sway bars and if so how much?

CYA JEFF :laughing:

PM sent.

Can I have one too please?

PM sent

can I have one as well? thank you

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Im happy to take any of the perth boys for a ride in my ute so they can check out a how a 30mm front bar rides... :laughing:

  • Crusty aviator
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: ACT
Posted

Gawwd Jack, what have we started here....time to buy stocks in Whiteline.

On a more serious note when researching prior to fitting a 27mm front I too had the same feedback as DesFlurane quotes - ie leave the rear alone as BA/BF rear suspension setup will misbehave with rear stiffened further. That was from Whiteline and somewhere else - so caution folks.

Dingah

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...