bob^ Member 170 Member For: 22y 10m 25d Location: Geelong Posted 13/06/06 03:16 AM Posted 13/06/06 03:16 AM I've had a few PM's about this so I will just reply to them in here.Solid copper wire from house wiring bent into shape, with a loop on each end. The loop enables you to screw it into the dash(as can be seen in the pic) and from the rear of the facia I made.Below that you can see some screws that go directly through the consol into the side of the facia. Make sure you put them in the correct place, where the tissue box holder will cover up the holes for when you put it back to stock.If you look at a cradle, you will see it has many tabs around the front of it, which let you bend them out, so it secures itself to the mounting facia. So all that is needed is a rectangle to be cut in the facia.
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 13/06/06 04:18 AM Posted 13/06/06 04:18 AM House wiring But I guess it does the job Looks good when it's covered up How did you connect to the antenna?
bob^ Member 170 Member For: 22y 10m 25d Location: Geelong Posted 13/06/06 04:43 AM Posted 13/06/06 04:43 AM Nothing wrong with house wiring. It's solid copper about 2mm thick and does the job perfect. A little easier to bend up than fencing wire.Lets face it, its there to hold something and that's it.The antenna you can find tucked up on the bottom of the ICC and has a regular antenna socket on it.The power socket wiring was used for GND and ACC, and I ran a new wire(make sure you fuse it) for constand power. The illumination wire is taped up to the power socket wiring. You can spot it pretty easy, just has a light socket on it.
PSYCHO XRT THE PSYCHO XRT Legacy Donating Member 1,275 Member For: 20y 9m 21d Gender: Not Telling Location: At the lights! Posted 13/06/06 05:54 AM Posted 13/06/06 05:54 AM I've had a few PM's about this so I will just reply to them in here.<div class='bbimg'></div>Solid copper wire from house wiring bent into shape, with a loop on each end. The loop enables you to screw it into the dash(as can be seen in the pic) and from the rear of the facia I made.Below that you can see some screws that go directly through the consol into the side of the facia. Make sure you put them in the correct place, where the tissue box holder will cover up the holes for when you put it back to stock.If you look at a cradle, you will see it has many tabs around the front of it, which let you bend them out, so it secures itself to the mounting facia. So all that is needed is a rectangle to be cut in the facia.←Excellent work!!Can I ask u where the cabling connects from your aftermarket deck???Are u running separate cables from the ICC, or is that cabling connected to the ICC?Does it sound better then the ICC? Also if the cabling is separate, can u run the decks together at the same time? Im quite suprised But impressed indeed.
bob^ Member 170 Member For: 22y 10m 25d Location: Geelong Posted 13/06/06 08:24 AM Posted 13/06/06 08:24 AM Power source is mentioned a few posts up. THe rest goes to external amps, and a composite to RGB converter for my video.The ICC still powers up, but the only thing it is used for at the moment is the car kit. That goes through the rear speakers(I only have fronts running in my system).I've also got a prototype steering wheel control adaptor but its needs a couple of minor changes made, and then a circuit board made up.
PSYCHO XRT THE PSYCHO XRT Legacy Donating Member 1,275 Member For: 20y 9m 21d Gender: Not Telling Location: At the lights! Posted 13/06/06 09:43 AM Posted 13/06/06 09:43 AM Power source is mentioned a few posts up. THe rest goes to external amps, and a composite to RGB converter for my video.The ICC still powers up, but the only thing it is used for at the moment is the car kit. That goes through the rear speakers(I only have fronts running in my system).I've also got a prototype steering wheel control adaptor but its needs a couple of minor changes made, and then a circuit board made up.←Damn that's good mate.I know its a lot of work but is it possibile if u can do a write up with sum pictures on how to install a aftermarket deck? Cause im thinking of adding one but dont know how to.I could do it on other cars, but the BA seems to be complicated.
bob^ Member 170 Member For: 22y 10m 25d Location: Geelong Posted 13/06/06 10:10 AM Posted 13/06/06 10:10 AM Well the car is getting stripped next week, so I'll grab a few photos then and maybe do a write up on it.
PSYCHO XRT THE PSYCHO XRT Legacy Donating Member 1,275 Member For: 20y 9m 21d Gender: Not Telling Location: At the lights! Posted 13/06/06 10:27 AM Posted 13/06/06 10:27 AM Well the car is getting stripped next week, so I'll grab a few photos then and maybe do a write up on it.←Excellent.Just dont forget mate, cause I am deeply thinking of installing an aftermarket deck and I cannot do that without your help buddy.cheers.San
FORDWOGBOY Member 26 Member For: 21y 2m 16d Posted 13/06/06 10:53 AM Posted 13/06/06 10:53 AM that would really be handy bob, as im always going to go down this path thanks champ
06TXR Legacy Donating Member 36 Member For: 20y 3m 29d Gender: Male Location: Ferny Hills Posted 16/06/06 08:13 AM Posted 16/06/06 08:13 AM Hey Guys, Have a look at www.alpine.com.au and look at the cehicle Hub Pro. It fully intergrates into the factoy system but bypasses all electronics within and only uses the screen. Give everything a top of the range al;pine head deck with including full AI-net capability and so forth. If you want further info call Drew from Northfield Moorooka on 07 3892 2555. Im going to get mine tomoorow.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now