ROLMDL role model Member 1,111 Member For: 20y 6m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne,S.E Posted 10/06/06 08:57 AM Posted 10/06/06 08:57 AM (edited) Hey GuysI'am curently about to upgraded my sound system and wanted to know what size the speakers are at the front and back, and who has upgraded the sound system and did you have to buy a new head unit ???Some help would be good thanksCarlos... Edited 10/06/06 09:01 AM by Black ThundeR
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 15d Posted 10/06/06 09:12 AM Posted 10/06/06 09:12 AM front and rear speakers are a 5x7 oval speaker, mate who does installs tells me he has been able to get a 6 inch split in the front doors, mid range driver in door and tweater in the pillar, and a 6x9 in the back. Also upgraded the decks in these things by placing one where the power outlet and tissue box are and bypassing the stock deck, depends on how much you want to hack up your car will depend if a deck is that importnant to ya.Cheers Adam
ROLMDL role model Member 1,111 Member For: 20y 6m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne,S.E Posted 10/06/06 09:22 AM Author Posted 10/06/06 09:22 AM so you can fit a 6" at the front I wasnt sure if you called but thanks mateim also gonig to put 2x 10 or 2x 12 alpine subs in the back but ive been toldthat I can keep the oringal head unit and just run it of a amp that true????Carlos
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 19d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 10/06/06 11:02 AM Posted 10/06/06 11:02 AM Goldie would be one of the best people to talk to regarding stereo mods.
ROLMDL role model Member 1,111 Member For: 20y 6m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne,S.E Posted 10/06/06 11:16 AM Author Posted 10/06/06 11:16 AM thanks falchoon I give him a pm
kawerx TerriGhia Legacy Donating Member 206 Member For: 20y 8m 14d Posted 10/06/06 11:38 AM Posted 10/06/06 11:38 AM I used a set of Fusion 5X7 splits in the front doors.these fit straight in.6 inch splits will need an adaptor plate.I used the standard head unit with hi-lo line converters to run an amp for the subs.this is a bit of a compomise as the sound quality is not as good as it would be with a good head unit and rca leads.but I still wanted to use the steering wheel controls,and it looked stock.All hidden.
ROLMDL role model Member 1,111 Member For: 20y 6m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne,S.E Posted 10/06/06 11:43 AM Author Posted 10/06/06 11:43 AM yer that kool I wanted to do something like that aswell but I wanafit 2x 10 in the back but I wanted good quality bass and soundbut that not achiveabel wtih your set up is it?
kawerx TerriGhia Legacy Donating Member 206 Member For: 20y 8m 14d Posted 10/06/06 11:51 AM Posted 10/06/06 11:51 AM if you just want some boom,then it will be ok.If you want really good sound quality then I would say no.It was ok for me as I dont drive around with the stereo up flat out.moderate levels ok.if you want a killer system,change the head unit.you can always try it,and get a head unit later.the hi-lo converters are not expensive,maybe $20.00.give it a go.what do other people think?
ROLMDL role model Member 1,111 Member For: 20y 6m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne,S.E Posted 10/06/06 12:20 PM Author Posted 10/06/06 12:20 PM ok kool thankslike im not gonig ot use the stero full blast all the time but when I wana play some musix I wanna u know lol you want it to sound good lolbut I tihkn for me I just get a new head unit and some good RCA cables and good amp and I should be sweet lolthanks for the helpCarlos
INPURSUIT Fastest Taxi In Melbourne Legacy Donating Member 701 Member For: 20y 6m 26d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 10/06/06 02:08 PM Posted 10/06/06 02:08 PM have a look at the asl logistics optionhttp://www.asllogistics.com/ford_upgrades.htmlthey can do a low level output that allows you to add an amplifier to your existing head unit. im pretty sure it produces far better quality than the high to low converters.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now