Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 6m 12d
Posted

I have installed a turbo smart dual kompact 25mm to a fg xr6t and running 17psi but the car seems like wants to stall coming to a stop or even starting up, any idea why, cheers

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 7m 25d
Posted

the valve on mine would stay open on idle. I had to use a few washers in it to keep it shut.

  • 6 months later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, South East.
Posted

I have recently installed a turbosmart kompact dual port blow off valve on my car.

I have made it full atmospheric. My car is running 20 PSI.

I have two questions:

1. Under lower boost levels eg < 8 PSI, I will get the turbo surge/flutter sound, anything above that will get the bov sound. Is this normal or should I adjust? If so tighter or more loose? currently have 4 shims.

2. Also wanting to know, is it possible for the bov to leak of make the car lose power? And if so, would this be caused by the BOV being adjusted too tightly or too lose?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 8m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posted

If you have it too loose I pretty sure it will open under boost and bleed off some of that pressure. Of course this would probably show up on a boost gauge if fitted.

As long as your not losing boost then you could loosen it a bit, but whats happening now isn't really an issue.

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 7m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle
Posted

if you lose boost how do u know if its BOV or valve springs?

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, South East.
Posted

if you lose boost how do u know if its BOV or valve springs?

Just wanting to know if it is possible.

If you have it too loose I pretty sure it will open under boost and bleed off some of that pressure. Of course this would probably show up on a boost gauge if fitted.

As long as your not losing boost then you could loosen it a bit, but whats happening now isn't really an issue.

I do have a boost gauge connected.

I never would have thought it would be this hard to adjust a bov. Just about ready to throw it in the bin.

As per the instructions, I've adjusted it so that the piston is not open during idle.

Is this the correct way to adjust them or is it OK if they are open on idle.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 8m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posted

If valve springs you'd have other running issues, like rough running after boost.

As the instructions say closed for idle, otherwise your already leaking air out straight away before even on boost.

As said though, if too loose you'll have it leak out when accelerating.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...