pcxr6t Member 25 Member For: 21y 7d Location: gold coast Posted 04/06/06 12:17 PM Posted 04/06/06 12:17 PM Just wondering if anyone knows of a remote extender or of a better model lifter than the one I currently have.I have a B&D with a Merlin motor attached that wont open until I'm at the very end of my driveway which is only about 5 metres from the door, meaning I have to wait until the door opens to pull the car in...Would like to be able to push the remote button at the end of the street giving the door enough time to fully open so that I can just drive straight in....Pretty petty I know but when its everyday it starts to get a bit tedious... ←and if that doesnt work ....then go to dick smith and buy a remote extender. cheers
C.S.I Member 651 Member For: 21y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 04/06/06 12:55 PM Posted 04/06/06 12:55 PM I"ve got a Merlin Auto-Door Opener on our roller door.Ran the antennae wire outside horizontally as far as it would go on the front brickwork.Works from about 30 - 35 metres away with a decent battery in the remote.Alan
ORSMBA ORSM Ford Cruisers! Legacy Donating Member 319 Member For: 21y 3m 30d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/06/06 06:10 AM Posted 05/06/06 06:10 AM What type of controller do u have dags? If if the older style you might want to put new switches in the remote as the ones that are in it are sh*te!. I get about 20m out of my two and the aeriels are just wrapped around the power cable(not good but its neat). I started losing distance out of the remotes , so I opened them up to find one of the switches was nearly falling apart. Replaced both and not it works better than it ever did.Matt
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 13d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 05/06/06 08:10 AM Posted 05/06/06 08:10 AM Automatic Technologies Australia make a good roller door contoller that costs less than a B&D and will lift my 5m x 3m roller door from about 30m away.Dont know if it can do the merlin motor though... http://www.ata-aust.com.au/shop/?fuseactio...67&I=4&ct_id=77←I've got the same but with matching ATA motor. Works further than 30m too, closer to 50m I reckon.
rs2000 Member 259 Member For: 23y 4m 16d Location: riddells creek Posted 06/06/06 01:47 AM Posted 06/06/06 01:47 AM I've recently had an sectional motorised door installed and it also uses the merlin motor and I find the range closer to 100m. I'm on 5 acres and have the house setback at 60meters, my unit can pick up the sender from 2 property's away...go figure
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 16d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 06/06/06 02:42 AM Author Posted 06/06/06 02:42 AM i've recently had an sectional motorised door installed and it also uses the merlin motor and i find the range closer to 100m. i'm on 5 acres and have the house setback at 60meters, my unit can pick up the sender from 2 property's away...go figure←Yeah I dont think its the Merlin itself, my unit is half dug into the side of a hill and I approach from the hill side of the property past a heap of trees so I'm thinking its just an interference thing.Still to try the arial idea....
replicant Member 180 Member For: 20y 10m 21d Posted 06/06/06 06:40 AM Posted 06/06/06 06:40 AM Hold the remote to your head... no seriously...If you take the key fob remote to your car and use it to lock your car, keep walking back until testing until it no longer works as it out of range... hold it to the temple of your head and it will unlock the car... but you have to be looking at the car... very weird... but true.Apparently, your skull works like an aerial or a directional dish. Spooky!
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 22d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 09/06/06 08:02 AM Posted 09/06/06 08:02 AM Hold the remote to your head... no seriously...If you take the key fob remote to your car and use it to lock your car, keep walking back until testing until it no longer works as it out of range... hold it to the temple of your head and it will unlock the car... but you have to be looking at the car... very weird... but true.Apparently, your skull works like an aerial or a directional dish. Spooky!←I'll back that one up, tried it ages a go and it works, nothing like adding a 6' antenna to boost the range
phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 17d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 09/06/06 01:56 PM Posted 09/06/06 01:56 PM Just wondering if anyone knows of a remote extender or of a better model lifter than the one I currently have.I have a B&D with a Merlin motor attached that wont open until I'm at the very end of my driveway which is only about 5 metres from the door, meaning I have to wait until the door opens to pull the car in...Would like to be able to push the remote button at the end of the street giving the door enough time to fully open so that I can just drive straight in....Pretty petty I know but when its everyday it starts to get a bit tedious... ← that's really sad daggy,,just do Homer style parking.. that should solve the problem ShazzyHEYyou should get a moving walkway installed to take your from garage to couch
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 10/06/06 12:02 AM Posted 10/06/06 12:02 AM Now there's a thought - escalator would look much better than boring old stairs
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now