geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 18/05/06 08:41 AM Author Posted 18/05/06 08:41 AM When Luke @ Fullboost.com first asked me this my response was that it should be allowed. I pointed out that the sedans had a 50kg weight advantage over the normal ute. I think if the utes are allowed to run with trays it will give guys that are serious an option to go quick.I say let them be allowed.Geea.
Blowute Member 56 Member For: 20y 8m 28d Location: Brisbane Posted 18/05/06 09:48 AM Posted 18/05/06 09:48 AM Bloody oath it should be allowed! im considering a flat tray for mine. If a sedan can strip the interior, its only fair the utes should be able to run a tray
jackal Member 13 Member For: 21y 8m 13d Posted 18/05/06 12:29 PM Posted 18/05/06 12:29 PM has anyone actually weighed the ute body and compared the weight to an aftermarket tray body? in my line of work (panelbeater) im constantly removing ute bodies to allow access to repair them, and I can tell you they ain't that heavy. most steel flat trays are probably a similar weight.
qwigybo Member 288 Member For: 20y 4m 26d Location: bendigo home of SFA Posted 18/05/06 04:55 PM Posted 18/05/06 04:55 PM I don't see how it would make much difference, would just be the same sa the ls1 1tonners (although they seem to be the quickest ls1's getting around hmm.....)
Guest Guests Posted 18/05/06 04:57 PM Posted 18/05/06 04:57 PM I notice a few tray back guys around, is that fair?? If it left the factory with a tray, then yes. Although I didn't know you could option a tray on an XR6T or Tornado for that matter??←I tried you canti wanted the first tipper tornado in aust the d/h salesman laughed so I showed him my acount balance he got serious and I left moron just lost a sale!!! but not availI think they should be allowed as long as they are genuine work trays
G6ET8U Playing with Sports Bikes... Legacy Donating Member 1,927 Member For: 20y 11m Gender: Male Location: Whistling, GTX. Posted 18/05/06 09:02 PM Posted 18/05/06 09:02 PM If it's available from the factory then I don't see how you could exclude them...That wouldn't be fair...Jack
Venom XR6 Member 1,460 Member For: 23y 5m 3d Location: Geelong Victoria Posted 20/05/06 04:14 AM Posted 20/05/06 04:14 AM I notice a few tray back guys around, is that fair?? If it left the factory with a tray, then yes. Although I didn't know you could option a tray on an XR6T or Tornado for that matter??←I tried you canti wanted the first tipper tornado in aust the d/h salesman laughed so I showed him my acount balance he got serious and I left moron just lost a sale!!! but not availI think they should be allowed as long as they are genuine work trays←All you need to do is buy a tray and remove the factory tub. There are a few XR8 and turbo 6 utes getting around with them, even though you can't order them like that.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 21/05/06 12:41 AM Posted 21/05/06 12:41 AM You can get a XR6 N/A with a tray from the factory.
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 21/05/06 12:45 AM Posted 21/05/06 12:45 AM I notice a few tray back guys around, is that fair?? If it left the factory with a tray, then yes. Although I didn't know you could option a tray on an XR6T or Tornado for that matter??←I tried you canti wanted the first tipper tornado in aust the d/h salesman laughed so I showed him my acount balance he got serious and I left moron just lost a sale!!! but not availI think they should be allowed as long as they are genuine work trays←fordperformer (in brisbane) has a tornado ute (tray back)... Maybe he can tell us if its from the factory.. am sure it is
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 21/05/06 02:26 AM Posted 21/05/06 02:26 AM I've been talking with Luke from Fullboost. Currently a ute must use a normal ute body to qualify for the Fullboost XR6T top 20. This was done to stop people taking off the tub to shed alot of Kg's. Some guys are currently running flat trays for work reasons and this would not allow them to be on the list. I'm not sure what the weight difference would be without the standard tub and with a try instead, maybe someone can findout.What do people think, should tubless utes be allowed in the Fullboost top 20????Geea. ←If they cant, I think that sedans should not be allowed to run without backseats, drivers side seats and other materials off the car to reduce the weight.If sedans are not allowed to do this, then the utes should not be able to take the tub off. and vice versa
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now