asromanut Member 50 Member For: 23y 3m 24d Location: Melbourne Posted 20/04/06 03:33 AM Posted 20/04/06 03:33 AM Hello every1, Just a question.. can I safely get a custom edit with injectors or do I need valve springs?RegardsMark
Mr Venom Member 48 Member For: 21y 1m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 20/04/06 03:39 AM Posted 20/04/06 03:39 AM Hello every1, Just a question.. can I safely get a custom edit with injectors or do I need valve springs?RegardsMark←Should do the Valve springs. I think most tuners would tell you this.
xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 20/04/06 03:40 AM Posted 20/04/06 03:40 AM Each car is different and some cars need valve springs done at lower power levels than others. You most certainly can get an edit with injectors done safely. If the tuner starts to see valve bounce he will just tune to the power level just below that and then it's up to you if you are happy with that power or want more.You might want to save up and have them done though as you will want more power down the road.
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 20/04/06 03:41 AM Posted 20/04/06 03:41 AM Do you have a mk 1 or 2?It helps to do the valve springs, but you dont HAVE to. It also helps to have a lot of other things, but you dont NEED them. I guess to reach the potential of having new injectors you will want to do those valve springs.
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 8d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 20/04/06 03:43 AM Posted 20/04/06 03:43 AM Other things that mean valve springs arnt as much of an issue - a better flowing Cat, or intercooler - reduce pressure on the springs as well.
asromanut Member 50 Member For: 23y 3m 24d Location: Melbourne Posted 20/04/06 03:49 AM Author Posted 20/04/06 03:49 AM Ive got a BF, are these valve springs larger than that of the BA's?The cat should not be a problem as it is much larger than the stock BA unitRegardsMark
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 20/04/06 05:13 AM Posted 20/04/06 05:13 AM The valve springs are much better in the BF than in the BA mk 1Shouldnt be an issue for you really at all.
jordak Member 1,226 Member For: 22y 3m 22d Posted 20/04/06 08:50 AM Posted 20/04/06 08:50 AM The valve springs are much better in the BF than in the BA mk 1Shouldnt be an issue for you really at all.←What makes them much better, are they the same as the typhoon springs?
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 20/04/06 09:26 AM Posted 20/04/06 09:26 AM I've got a Mk 1 with standard valve springs, and I run 265-280 rwkw (depending on the Dyno), and for my car, that seem to be the limit.This should equate to something in the order of 380 fwkw, so I hope this will give you some idea what to expectGood luck
IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 2m 24d Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 20/04/06 11:52 AM Posted 20/04/06 11:52 AM At xxxr6t said MKII springs will change your situation. Mr Ninka has done alot without changing springs yet and this proves xrdreamings point. I would like to know the difference in valve springs between the BF and BA MKII.....and if the typhoon differs
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now