built2redline Member 187 Member For: 21y 5m 3d Location: sh*tney Posted 23/03/06 10:40 AM Posted 23/03/06 10:40 AM I got the car edited with a custom tune, but when I went to get my clutch changed the mechanic disconected the battery for a unknown period of time, when I jumped back into the car it went like crap. I havent loaded my tune back in because I was tired, and its going back to the tuner tomorow.so does unhooking your battery delete your custom tune or what happened?
kawerx TerriGhia Legacy Donating Member 206 Member For: 20y 8m 16d Posted 23/03/06 10:49 AM Posted 23/03/06 10:49 AM should not delete tune.maybe mechanic made a mistake.was it at ford,maybe they flashed the car back. more likely the mechanic left something unplugged.ask him to check his work,he should have no problem with this if you tell him your concerns.
C.S.I Member 651 Member For: 21y 9m 22d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 23/03/06 11:32 AM Posted 23/03/06 11:32 AM The Edit is firmware, it cannot be erased by removing the battery. As the stock tune would not be deleted either Something else wrong me thinks.
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 28d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 23/03/06 10:37 PM Posted 23/03/06 10:37 PM Did you take your car in for work and leave your custom tune in it?BAD mistake! If they reflash your PCM you will not be able to reload your tune - your tuner will have to reset it and do it for you and you lose one of your "lives" in the flasher.
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 19d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 23/03/06 11:26 PM Posted 23/03/06 11:26 PM Did you take your car in for work and leave your custom tune in it?BAD mistake! If they reflash your PCM you will not be able to reload your tune - your tuner will have to reset it and do it for you and you lose one of your "lives" in the flasher.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry Jeff , I am not understanding something here Wouldn't it just be a case of flashing in your original custom tune as this would overwrite the dealers factory map. Thought this was the whole point in having the flasher box.
LeighD Legacy Donating Member 255 Member For: 22y 1m 22d Location: Perth Posted 23/03/06 11:44 PM Posted 23/03/06 11:44 PM Did you take your car in for work and leave your custom tune in it?BAD mistake! If they reflash your PCM you will not be able to reload your tune - your tuner will have to reset it and do it for you and you lose one of your "lives" in the flasher.Sorry Jeff , I am not understanding something here Wouldn't it just be a case of flashing in your original custom tune as this would overwrite the dealers factory map. Thought this was the whole point in having the flasher box.He is right If you do not flash your car back to stock prior to a dealer re flashing your car then the Capa Tuner will not work. Capa themselves have said this. They now include a notice in the box when you buy the tuner. I do seem to remeber though that it is worse than just losing a "life" of your tuner box as it can not be reset by a dealer (ie a life taken off) until the first car was returned to stock. This is to prevent a single tuner box loading up to five cars with a new tune!Its all about protecting the SCT property rights
XR Impact Member 109 Member For: 20y 8m 7d Posted 24/03/06 12:01 AM Posted 24/03/06 12:01 AM Me not understand either. If you have a capa box with custom tune which over rides standard tune, you then have standard tune put back in by dealer when servicing. Then when you get your car back why can't you put custom tune back in. Is'nt the custom programme in the capa box? If Capa box has not been changed.
DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 16d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 24/03/06 05:41 AM Posted 24/03/06 05:41 AM Anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 24/03/06 05:48 AM Posted 24/03/06 05:48 AM Disconnecting the battery will erase all the adaptive memory eg. fuel tables, knock tables etc from the PCM so your car needs to "relearn" all of this info, so your car can run a little rough for a bit.I wouldn't expect a big difference in performance though. I've done it to mine a couple of times and it didn't bother it to much.
Mr Venom Member 48 Member For: 21y 1m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 24/03/06 05:57 AM Posted 24/03/06 05:57 AM Disconnecting the battery will erase all the adaptive memory eg. fuel tables, knock tables etc from the PCM so your car needs to "relearn" all of this info, so your car can run a little rough for a bit.I wouldn't expect a big difference in performance though. I've done it to mine a couple of times and it didn't bother it to much.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I understand it the same way Adam does. Something about long term memory on the computer is deleted so the computer need to learn it again. I've just put an Edit on my car from Nizpro and they told me it takes about 500km before your car starts to run smooth.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now