replicant Member 180 Member For: 20y 10m 27d Posted 09/02/06 03:34 AM Posted 09/02/06 03:34 AM (edited) Having had an AWD Territory, the turbo and the six speed should cover my main gripes about it. It wasn't that it wasn't willing... just needed a bit more power to assist with overtaking and climbing hills with a load up.Even with the 18 inch wheels and the 'sports suspension' - it won't go around corners like a XR6T but in slippery conditions - wet, slimy roads, ice/snow/dirt it's going to be a good piece of kit to do some weekends to the beach, the ski hill and soft light off road stuff.I ain't going to whinge about the fuel costs as I haven't paid for petrol for a long time - the Victa 2-stroke mower and the little portable generator excepted, neither of which you would describe as 'barely adequate' in power or consumption.AND I wonder how many bonnets will be sold after market for folk to dress up their regular ones! Edited 09/02/06 03:35 AM by replicant
iTec TEAM BA Legacy Donating Member 1,755 Member For: 21y 9m 28d Gender: Male Location: North of The Bridge Posted 09/02/06 03:48 AM Posted 09/02/06 03:48 AM I think the forum will need a name change my guess is that there is going to be a fair few 2 ton quarter mile rockets, who will be the first to get a TTstock territory bonnet and a nice big front mount dark tinted windows and slammed on 22's prefferably in orange or black... yum
rushed6 Member 137 Member For: 21y 1m 12d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 09/02/06 04:07 AM Posted 09/02/06 04:07 AM I'm young dumb and I think it just made me *beep* love the black ford should really rethink the rims put the phoon rims or gt rims on it or make them in 22's
exahsix Member 296 Member For: 21y 5d Location: Monterey, NSW Posted 09/02/06 05:56 AM Posted 09/02/06 05:56 AM Now this is how it SHOULD lookPimp my Ride
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 28d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 09/02/06 07:36 AM Posted 09/02/06 07:36 AM I think a new forum section may be required for the TT as every other Xr and Gt has one (not to sure about the XR5 that may be going a bit far), I'am pretty sure there will be plenty of things to be learnt an questions to be asked when people start getting their hands on these things. Just a sugestion ADMIN
Raptor Member 66 Member For: 23y 11m 25d Posted 09/02/06 11:01 AM Posted 09/02/06 11:01 AM HAPPY DAYS Now if only I could get out of the lease on this one sooner......
EvilDaifu Cruise Whore Moderating Team 5,130 Member For: 21y 2m Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 09/02/06 11:56 AM Posted 09/02/06 11:56 AM I liked the versatility of the Territory. Just wish it was a bit cheaper on our corporate operating leases. For some reason, I can get a XR6T cheaper than a bottom of the range Territory I always thought Ford would come out with a more powerful Territory. To me, it makes marketing sense, since it has been a big seller so far for the Mums and Dads drivers (something like half of them are the rear wheel drive version), why not go for the power enthusiast niche too?I'd also suggest Ford bring back Blueprint for the Turbo Territory
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 09/02/06 12:06 PM Posted 09/02/06 12:06 PM Looks like I'm off to the Motor Show for a look see.
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m 4d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 09/02/06 12:11 PM Posted 09/02/06 12:11 PM Timer start's now until we have the whinging on litres per km... Good point Dags On our recent 2500km trip along the GOR, Adelaide etc we averaged 14lt/100km, 90% of that was open roads with the CC on Hate to think what the turbo will manage but it wont be pretty.Heard the price could be $69k for the Turbo Ghia, sounds a bit high to me,
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now