Nick T Member 37 Member For: 21y 2m 9d Posted 08/02/06 01:08 PM Posted 08/02/06 01:08 PM In looking around for a manual BF XR6T, I've been quoted between $47-$48K on-road. Is this a reasonable price to expect to pay, or does it sound a bit rich?Options I'm looking at include:Premium SoundSports Steering WheelSide AirbagsRRP on road is around $52KI'm hoping to get them down to around $45K on-road. Is this realistic or am I dreaming? CheersNick
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 16d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 08/02/06 11:22 PM Posted 08/02/06 11:22 PM Sounds reasonable, try get the little things thrown in if you cant get them down to 45k... such as scuff plates, mats, whatever else they fit cheaply... ask for a full tank of fuel hehe
LikeEmFast Member 56 Member For: 20y 8m 3d Location: Dapto Posted 10/02/06 06:10 AM Posted 10/02/06 06:10 AM Sounds reasonable, try get the little things thrown in if you cant get them down to 45k... such as scuff plates, mats, whatever else they fit cheaply... ask for a full tank of fuel hehe<{POST_SNAPBACK}>A full tank of fuel and they will up the price
Phevor Member 124 Member For: 20y 8m 7d Location: Melbourne Posted 10/02/06 06:50 AM Posted 10/02/06 06:50 AM Dunno if this helps but I picked up my ex-demo auto 2005 BA MkII T with free tint, mats, 5yr warranty already premium sound and even a free full tank of fuel for $32600 drive away
Guest newl Guests Posted 10/02/06 09:28 AM Posted 10/02/06 09:28 AM I always stipulate that I get a full tank of fuel when I buy a car. It's one of the cheaper freebies they can do.
Nerazzuri Member 82 Member For: 20y 8m 29d Location: Sydney Posted 10/02/06 09:46 AM Posted 10/02/06 09:46 AM In looking around for a manual BF XR6T, I've been quoted between $47-$48K on-road. Is this a reasonable price to expect to pay, or does it sound a bit rich?Where are you getting this from?Bear in mind that if you go for a 2005 model, you will get the $2000 cashback.I am also shopping around for the best price for an auto BF XR6T, I got a quote from a leasing company (SMB.com.au) which gives a fleet discount and removes GST, and I have been using this as a base price to bargain from. I have had reasonable success so far, so you might wish to try something similar, even if you aren't able to actually get the lease.
gogo Member of team Kittens Member 609 Member For: 22y 7m 17d Location: Melbourne Posted 10/02/06 10:12 AM Posted 10/02/06 10:12 AM I was shopping around back in october before making the decision to install the T56 in my Mark I, and got a great price (the dealer stuffed up as had discounted the base car price ($36800 exc GST as well as offering fleet a fleet discount of $6390 before GST).final price was $47k drive away complete withlux pack Sunroof Sports Steering Wheel18"TowpakMetallic PaintEven with great price it was still far more economic to keep my BA for another 3 years...Anyway, you should be able to negotiate between $5 and $7k off rrp for private (ie should be very close to fleet).If you are stuggling with this then pm me and I will call my dealer and see if I can get you a quote.Cheers,Ben.
TurboDewd FG Falcon fan! Member 1,452 Member For: 23y 3m 4d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 10/02/06 10:47 AM Posted 10/02/06 10:47 AM go thru a carbroker and u should be able to slice at least 4000 off the price.try:Private FleetFleet Capital orcarbroker.com.auI went thru Fleet Capital if my memory serves me right, they got 4000 off the RRP for me. This was in Dec 03.
markxr6t Member 476 Member For: 21y 11m 11d Location: Perth WA Posted 10/02/06 11:02 AM Posted 10/02/06 11:02 AM www.privatefleet.com.auguarantees the best price (including their fee) or your money back. Havent used them myself, but looks like you've got nothing to lose.
loopism Tractor Driver Member 709 Member For: 20y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 13/02/06 10:10 PM Posted 13/02/06 10:10 PM I'm getting my Mercury Silver 6-speed auto XR6T for $48250 with tint, reverse sensor (for the missus), premium sound, XR floor mats (have kids, so these are needed:), pollen filter and headlight guards. Spoke to several other dealers and they couldn't get close to that price.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now