Jump to content

Phevor

Member
  • Posts

    124
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Phevor

  1. Happy Birthday Phevor!

  2. senna_T: Nup, everything else seems to be working fine and dandy. Well apart from the seat-belt that doesn't retract well.... Not that that's a big problem, who wants to be held into a seat if it's an accident to be had. Ya bound to either fly out the window (through the already broken wipers) or smash ya head into the wheel and hopeful airbags! I'm gonna go pick up some more RainX as I've run out. It's great stuff though for driving in the rain but it's not often I'm driving high speeds through the city. It still helps at low speed driving but wipers WOULD be handy!
  3. Reason why I had something put into writing when a fault appeared out of the blue. A dealership aint going to do anything for nothing unless you give them a bucketload of money. The irony is dealership staff are paid to help! No one will do anything for nothing without anything in return..
  4. Bugga.. warranty is only under terms from place of purchase!
  5. Ok so it's probably a stupid question but... can I take my T to ANY Ford dealership for servicing &/or warranty fixes? OR: Do I have to take it to the original dealership place of purchase? Reason I ask is the dealership I bought my T from from offered extended warrenty so I guess I have to go back to them right? The dealership I bought from is out of my way and I'm stuck there for any servicing/warranty issues and can only organise weeks in advance to fit my schedule. Cheers \m/
  6. My BA MkII windscreen wipers died while I driving home last night, just when it started to shower. I've checked the wiper fuse, all good and tried replacing and still no go. I checked the wiper bolts, all good. There's no sound or turning noise when wipers are on. I'm a bit baffled as they were working fine days beforehand. Is there anything else suggested to check/try beforehand? Car is still under warranty and is due for a service so is this my only option? Thanks.. Phevor!
  7. You must not be driving where I drive then! I've only ever seen one other Rapid T also.. I think Rapid is good for a non common (other than taxi) car colour as it has it's advantages: 1) Easy to spot in a car-park 2) You notice it thinking it's a sport car (Lambo's are mainly Yellow, some Ferrari's etc) 3) Easy to see at night, in the wet etc so it's safe 4) Looks good on the T & FPVs Being my second car I've had in yellow, the Rapid colour has grown on me but in most ways I tend to think its better as I haven't had any scratches, dints etc. I also agree coz the colour has disappeared from the range, it'll be even more rare later. But in all fairness, it doesn't matter the colour of your car as long as you enjoy driving it is the main thing!
  8. Phevor

    My Computer

    Wow, a thread to show off my nerd talk! The years I've spent in IT have been good to me. After reading tis thread, some thoughts towards the various posts above: Questions Help: 1) For free anti-virus app, I use AVGFree (http://www.grisoft.com) 2) For free spy-ware/ad-ware app, I use SUPERAntiSpyware (http://www.superantispyware.com) 3) External modems are supported better as they're more widely known. Internal ADSL Modems exist but still prone to causing issues. Wireless modems exist but have range flaws. Either one will work fine depending it's set up ok and for your specific use 4) Ensure there's onoly one DHCP server running and clients configuered to be clients. DHCP works well when it's 100% config correctly else it's a nightmare 5) For XP CD registry keps, I use "CD Key Reader" (http://www.skaro.net) 6) For WinXP tips and tricks, try typing "WinXP hints & tips" in a browser, there's heaps out there 7) Try downloading WinXP PowerToys ( <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx" target="_blank">http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa...ppowertoys.mspx</a>) to better your windows experience with funky new add-ons and apps Try downloading the WinXP resource kit apps for further system changes (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en). The application "msconfig.exe" can be used to change your system startup 9) WinXP is a 64bit OS so without the latest Service Packs, encryption issues may arise (Windows Vista takes care of 32/64/128bit issues much better) 10) FlashDrives or USB keys can be removed by pulling out but the downfalls are you'll corrupt the flash memory making it a dud. Try left mouse clicking the "green arrow over ports" icon ion your taskbar near the system clock and select the USB Key drive to remove. Tips: 1) You can safely run your PC 24/7 like me as that's what windows is designed for, just ensure you close apps once you're finished to free memory. Reboot once a week though 2) If you're running any third part anti-virus/spy-ware/ad-ware, turn off your WinXP Security center firewall as this causes clashes 3) NEVER download free apps without knowing what they will do. Eg most free/shareware/trial software contains spy-ware. What is spy-ware? Software that uses your as a trojan to spam others, gather information etc. 4) If you want to download safely, I use BitTorrent download where it's almost 100% guarenteed. Download uTorrent (http://www.utorrent.com. To get the files you want, try searching sites such as Demonoid (http://www.demonoid.com) or TorrentSpy (http://www.torrentspy.com) Hope this helps some non computer geek persons out there. Feel free to PM me if you want any more info
  9. I'm probably going to get shot down for this but I think I know what mean by looking at the VE GTS. Despite being Holden, they are a fairly decent stock car and will give the F6 a run for money. I also just learnt after speaking with my borther this weekend he's contemplating trading his XR8 for a new VE SS or GTS! I was baffled but he made sense in asking the big question of "why do you ejnoy driving"? It equally does or doesn't matter what car you drive as long as you enjoy driving it. The big question is where the are you going to drive any performance car legally apart from track days, drags and skid-pans? If you ask me, keep the T stock as is, it's still a machine and who knows, new life may bleed into it. If you're really twitching to "spend" money like any sucker would for a bit more non-lasting fun, the choice is ultimately yours whatever you do. Sorry to be a downer, but the other week I got two speeding fines for just slightly being over the limit and lost 6 points in one hit, while stuck in moving traffic and couldn't do jack about it. Everyone on that stretch of road must have been fined. Talk about revenue making! Unless you've got the money in the first place and your a sucker for gimmicks, best of luck and hope you come out happy non the less whatever road you choose to take...
  10. Phevor

    Parking

    Meanie! Isnt revenge sweet 'cept I don't know how I'd go doin the same if the culprit was in the car I was about to smack out
  11. Looks the goods. Mesh for top & bottom grills right? After the goos mentioned above it deserves, all you'll is the bonet bulge, GT stripes, bigger wheels and you got yourself something the GT boys will envy
  12. I reckon I'm definite.. so is this cruise just an XR6T thing only?!? My bros thinking of coming along in he's Mk1 Black BA XR8? He'd like to experience the whole "cruise" thing and hopefully not get too canned for driving with 8 tubes over 6 with a blower
  13. Oh and so does the XR8. Come to think of it, most new BA/BF models look good in black. It's just a pity they get dirty quickly
  14. Gary / TUFXRT6, count me as "tentative" as I'll have to check if work will interupt the night. A night cruise sounds awesome plus the fact I have missed the last few cruises means this one should be even better A night cruise is a great idea for a Saturday night for us night owls
  15. Yep I definitely noticed more heat on the feet since stepping into the T. But the cooling system tends to take care of that
  16. My previous car was a front wheel jap thing and steping into the T was like woah! Now Im more used to the car and thouhts of edit do cross the mind.. I barely get anyone messing with me but I like it stock as just the way it is (for now).
  17. I thought at first I liked the T in silver and was gonna buy one. But then that deal went sour and I went off the color being so common I find it now. With new colors I opted for Rapid but this one looks awesome. One wmall gripe, the side wind-shields make it look average
  18. I'm not trying to hit out or anything but if one wants anything then one will spend the time within their means to find something suitable. So the choice is ultimately yours whether you're after the BA or BF XR6T. I wonder if the new Falcon Orion (?) will come in a XR6T? Last I read there's no planned V8..
  19. Phevor

    Parking

    So I was driving into the VIC market carpark the other weekend and no joke, the first and closest car park available was right next to Rapid BA MkII XR8 (pictures don't lie)! Is it me or is anyone else as pedantic as I when parking your ride?
  20. LSXR6T. Awesome effort at 18, I can't imagine the insurance costs.. When I think of it, I've owned 3 T's: 78' Toyota Corona, 85' Ford Telstar as well as the mighty XR6T!
  21. One reason why I refused a mate to bet on racing series.. too many variables to consider
  22. If I'd known about the cruise, another Rapid T would have turned up (non manual)! I just wish I wasn't working two jobs and things weren't so busy and tiring Maybe next cruise..
  23. Phevor

    Bf Bird Eater

    The only Indian I'm sick of freakin flying in front of me are the ones driving taxi's thinking they can out do a XR6T in their crappy canary coloured people movers! Maybe I should have opted for a different coloured T next to Rapid yellow!
  24. Phevor

    Advice

    Agreed. My bro has a GT-P and XR8 (he's selling the GT-P if anyones interested at a good price). I've driven both cars and compared to the XR6T, I'd go the GT-P. But the 6 handles better and gives you the throw back much more noticably than either XR8/GT-P. In hindsight, it comes down to preference. The bro still wont line up against me in either car
  25. The problemz with modding!
×
×
  • Create New...