Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Mick,

Have you tried hooking it up to the WDS at your work to see if there are any error codes ?

You may find the problem is a hardware problem rather than a tune.

I would hate to see you wait any longer if the problem could be a fuel pump, blocked injectors or a actuator.

It is never nice getting bad service, I hope it is resolved to your satisfaction.

  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 3d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted
Mick,

Have you tried hooking it up to the WDS at your work to see if there are any error codes ?

You may find the problem is a hardware problem rather than a tune.

I would hate to see you wait any longer if the problem could be a fuel pump, blocked injectors or a actuator.

It is never nice getting bad service, I hope it is resolved to your satisfaction.

Good idea Zap. Mick I can understand you are frustrated. It seems to me today it does not matter who you deal with, nomatter what industry it's very hard to get good service. these days if I get great service I am happy to pay the extra to deal with them. Customer service is pretty much non-existant these days, and I am used to having to make numerous phone calls to get things done, I have accepted it as part of life today.

I'm surprised at Rob, I know he sometimes takes on more than he can chew with his workload. All I can suggest is maybe try him again tommorrow as he will be back and things will have settled down. I must admit, intially I had to chase them with my car, but as suggested above I just accepted it as common practice, but once things were underway with HPF and my car they were fantastic withe their customer service and the result. I could give them my car knowing it was in good hands.

Personally I would not use any other tuner, as the end result was worth forgetting about the initial contact issues I had with them.

Good luck with it mate, if you need any assistance from the Vic boys, just let me know.

Cheers

JB.

:spoton:

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted
Mate, I can read....

But I'm damned confused about how you, as a moderator, can start a thread that you KNOW will incite a reaction... 

Aren't moderators supposed to "lead by example"

:kissmy:

:spoton:

So we can only talk about positive experiences and not our bad ones?

Mick is unhappy about something and he has posted about it. The same thing happens every other day here.

Posted
Mate, I can read....

But I'm damned confused about how you, as a moderator, can start a thread that you KNOW will incite a reaction... 

Aren't moderators supposed to "lead by example"

:kissmy:

:spoton:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Moderators are human too ya know,well most are,BM drivers excluded,ya self righteous pr!ck tom,pull your head in as sujested,would make for a change

I know what it's like to get bad service and you hate it,just cos they worked on your heap and it's still holding together dont mean jack whatsaname

vik...type slowly for tom mick!!!

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

I can't believe I'm about to do this... Well said Vik! :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 21d
Posted

Tell it as it is I say :spoton:

If there is something that you want to share with us then do so, however if someone in response thinks that your being petty / pathetic or whatever by doing so, then live with their comments :kissmy:

  • THE PSYCHO XRT
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 22d
  • Gender: Not Telling
  • Location: At the lights!
Posted
Here's the story.

I had my car sent down to HPF September last year to have some work done to it, and have a custom tune performed also. The work that they performed on the car was great, and I walked away happy.

I have noticed lately that the car is surging quite badly, between 4 - 5 psi fluctuations, and the car has spiked to over 20psi on occasions. The car was doing this when it left HPF, but not as badly as it is now. Im not sure, maybe I didnt notice it as bad when I picked it up from HPF.

Anyhow, I rung HPF, and spoke to Rob early last week, and he decided it would be a good idea for him to have a look at my car while he was up for the SummerNats. He understood the problem with the car, and didn't think it would take too much to rectify. I was very happy with this outcome. He told me he would call me on Friday......

Then it went downhill rapidly.

Friday came, no phone call. I rung Duane @ HPF on late Friday to try and find out whats going on, he rung Rob, and Rob said he would call me on Saturday.

Guess what? No phone call from Rob. Saturday, or Sunday.

Now, I realise that they had some problems with TRYHRD, but a bit of a phone call would have been nice.

So I rung HPF early today, spoke to Duane once again, he apologised on behalf of HPF, and told me Rob would call me back.

Im still waiting for my call back.

And I am still driving around with a car that is surging badly. And unfortunately, I see no rectification for my car on the horizon.

HPF had a impeccable record up until last week, now my view of Rob and the team at HPF is a very different one. It doesn't take long for someone to make a call, or punch out a quick SMS to just let me know whats going on. Communication is the key.

I will say that Duane has been as good as he can possibly be, and has always returned all phone calls that I have made.

I am very disappointed with HPF to say the least.

I quite understand what your going through mate and theres nothing worse than our cars playing up.

The only difference between us is that I have a appointment in place with HPF where as u dont.

My car also is over spiking but there could be a number of reasons mate.

Anyway, I will find out with HPF on Wednesday.

Im very sure its something minor and professionals like HPF will rectify it 4 sure.

Dony worry too much mate she should be fine.

Cheers

San.

  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 3d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted
Mate, I can read....

But I'm damned confused about how you, as a moderator, can start a thread that you KNOW will incite a reaction... 

Aren't moderators supposed to "lead by example"

:spoton:

:spoton:

Moderators are human too ya know,well most are,BM drivers excluded,

What The! :spoton:

I hope you are not catergorising us all Vik! :kissmy:

  • Powered by Ford's 3.7 V6 = Zoom Zoom Zoom!
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 30d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Tweed Heads
Posted
Mick,

Have you tried hooking it up to the WDS at your work to see if there are any error codes ?

You may find the problem is a hardware problem rather than a tune.

I would hate to see you wait any longer if the problem could be a fuel pump, blocked injectors or a actuator.

It is never nice getting bad service, I hope it is resolved to your satisfaction.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I too have a surging problem with my Wogtune, but I have since realised it only happens when my fuel tank is down to quarter or less, I presume it would be the fuel pump?

Clarke

  • Team Bute
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted
Moderators are human too ya know,well most are,BM drivers excluded,ya self righteous pr!ck tom,pull your head in as sujested,would make for a change

I know what it's like to get bad service and you hate it,just cos they worked on your heap and it's still holding together dont mean jack whatsaname

vik...type slowly for tom mick!!!

What's up your left nostril Vik?

You been sniffing porky's butt after a :spoton: again?

Get a hanky and wipe that "mustang" stuck off your beard....

HPF have been working their butts off in preperation for the summernats...

The dyno comp is one of the biggest events in Australia where tuners can show off their skills. And HPF have won it several times....

I'd say it's a fair bet that Rob was burning the candle (no pun intended) at both ends to get his vehicles in top shape for the event, and was more than a little pre-occupied.

I believe they achieved the goal again this year, with a 1260 kW effort.....

only to have the winning car burst into flames..... a very costly disaster in itself, but more than that, it would also be an emotional rollercoaster ride....

The elation of winning, then the disaster of the fire.....

Tuners are human too, you *beep*! ;)

Now as for Mick, he chose to travel interstate to get a tune.

His decision.

He has a problem...

Then take it to the tuner to have a look at.

There'd be NO complaints about customer service if Mick lived in Melbourne.

Rob offered to have a look at his car at the Nationals to save him the hassle of bringing the car all the way back to Melbourne.... ( A bloody fantastic gesture of service goodwill). As it turned out, he did NOT have the time to do that.

And with the mishap that occurred with TRYHRD, who would blame him.

Oh my God. "HPF must be poor on customer service...." I hear you crying...

Give me a break.

tom

PS... Is this type font big enough for you to read, Vik....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...