Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

I think Cro put some kind of aftermarket rotors on his factory premium brakes. Ask him.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted
Does anyone any opinions of, or experience with, the DBA 2 piece rotors as a replacement for the Ford (OEM) Premium/PBR (AM) discs?

http://www.dba.com.au/dba_catalogue_2004/H.../5000_index.htm

regards,

aa

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe it's only me :blink: but I don't see the Falcon listed in the DBA 5000 series catalogue - Maybe that's the reason we have heard so little about it :blink:

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Whats with the different colour centres?

And yeah, it only lists the 4000 series for use with BAs, yet they list the 5000s for HSV :stirthepot:

  • Flower Power
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Yeah DBA don't make the 5000 series for the Falcons...

The 4000's are good, but I ended up getting some PBR slotted rotors which are made exactly the same as the ford premiums rotors, except they are slotted instead of grooved.

No brake shudder yet, and I have given them a real hard time.

  • Crusty aviator
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: ACT
Posted

Prior to fitting PBR premo upgrade kit I used DBA 4000 slotted with QFM RB74 pads on the front and it was a very impressive combo. Rotors were $130 each delivered from Sydney (discpads.com).

Dingah

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Hrmm ok now I'm a little confused, and about to go off on a side-track...

I have standard brakes, I experience brake fade if I do much over 150... now I am obviously keen on upgrading the brakes but what needs to be changed? If I change the rotors and pads, do I need new calipers also? Reading the above post got me a little confused and if I can get away with some good rotors and quality pads this would be cheaper of course. If I am looking at calipers also, what's the go? PBR?

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 1m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I am in the same boat as XXXR6T as I have the standard brakes. I have had none of the talked about Brake Shudder and my car has done over 70K's. I have looked at the DBA range and was trying to understand what suited the standard calipers. I really don't want to go to the expense of changing calipers as I am happy with the performance of the standard brakes. I am just trying to improve the looks!

  • T.P.I.S.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SoR, WA
Posted
Hrmm ok now I'm a little confused, and about to go off on a side-track...

I have standard brakes, I experience brake fade if I do much over 150... now I am obviously keen on upgrading the brakes but what needs to be changed? If I change the rotors and pads, do I need new calipers also? Reading the above post got me a little confused and if I can get away with some good rotors and quality pads this would be cheaper of course. If I am looking at calipers also, what's the go? PBR?

Me too mate. Im going to change the rotors very soon due to the same problem.

BTW I have not experienced any shudder yet and ive done 29000kms.

  • My new toy
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld.
Posted

If you have standard brakes on your turbo a good upgraded is to use dba cross drilled and slotted disc's that's the 4000 series.

Also replace the ford pads with qfm ones or simalar.

Ian

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...