XtRmn8 570Nm @1800rpm Legacy Donating Member 2,441 Member For: 23y 18d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 18/07/13 11:23 PM Posted 18/07/13 11:23 PM Yea cruise would be good Steve, will have to make an effort for the next one. Ahh yes it was east your car was facing. Hey guys if I were to take my turbo off and get the rear housing ported/bigger flapper and actuator where would be the best place to take it? Just looking at saving a little coin.CheersGive Grant at PER4MANZ turbochargers a call. He rebuilt my BA turbo and ported housing with bigger flapper. I too removed the turbo and dropped it off.
AdamIan69 Legacy Donating Member 401 Member For: 13y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: WA Posted 18/07/13 11:46 PM Posted 18/07/13 11:46 PM If you can wait a week mate, I should be able to get you a flapper cheap and a waste gate as well if needed. I am hoping to do my flapper mod myself this week end if I am not working. And if I am I will post some pic on this site.
XtRmn8 570Nm @1800rpm Legacy Donating Member 2,441 Member For: 23y 18d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 19/07/13 01:01 AM Posted 19/07/13 01:01 AM Is an actuator and flapper mod required for the standard GT3576r? I am guessing with a 12psi actuator the tuner will be able to hold 15psi flat all the way through the rev range?I have seen some holding 15-16psi in the mid and then they drop off up to, while others only manage 12-13psi in the mid.Aaron are you going to run the baby turbo or going bigger?
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 16d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 19/07/13 01:08 AM Posted 19/07/13 01:08 AM Aaron, who are you going to use to tune your car? I would strongly suggest you talk to them first about flapper/port jobs and different tuners have different preferences in regards to porting a couple of hundred here could say you several hundred come tuning time.
AzMahoony Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned. Member 3,343 Member For: 19y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: Canning Vale, W.A Posted 19/07/13 01:55 AM Posted 19/07/13 01:55 AM Im going with Monstatorque. Ill ask Rob amd see what he says about it.Baby turbo for round 1. 320-330? Aiming for hopefully. Then ill do the gtx/surge tank and valve springs probably next year as most of my funds are going into the house as I only moved in last month and want to get it finished asap.
XtRmn8 570Nm @1800rpm Legacy Donating Member 2,441 Member For: 23y 18d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 19/07/13 02:02 AM Posted 19/07/13 02:02 AM Im going with Monstatorque. Ill ask Rob amd see what he says about it.Baby turbo for round 1. 320-330? Aiming for hopefully. Then ill do the gtx/surge tank and valve springs probably next year as most of my funds are going into the house as I only moved in last month and want to get it finished asap.What are you getting done as part of round 1?
AzMahoony Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned. Member 3,343 Member For: 19y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: Canning Vale, W.A Posted 19/07/13 03:07 AM Posted 19/07/13 03:07 AM (edited) Id1000sRapid v2 cooler kit/intakeBosch pump4 Inch xforce turbo backPorted turbo/flapper modcustom tune Edited 19/07/13 03:09 AM by AaronXR
XtRmn8 570Nm @1800rpm Legacy Donating Member 2,441 Member For: 23y 18d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 19/07/13 04:14 AM Posted 19/07/13 04:14 AM Ahh so going to whole hog, might as well chuck a GTX on there at the same time and be done with it I recall seeing a thread here not long ago about the Rapid kit and how much cutting and butchering is involved to get it to fit etc and FG, might be something to consider unless you already have the kit. 1
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 16d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 19/07/13 04:46 AM Posted 19/07/13 04:46 AM exhaust for performance or just noise Aaron? 99% sure a cat change only will max out an FG turbo?
AzMahoony Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned. Member 3,343 Member For: 19y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: Canning Vale, W.A Posted 19/07/13 05:00 AM Posted 19/07/13 05:00 AM Noise and future mods. Rob said he would fit it for a small fee as I wasnt aware untill I purchased it.Would love to but Im stretching my budget as it is.. I can only get away with so much.. lol. Next year ill finish it off
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now