Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Guest newl
  • Guests
Posted

Believe it or not, you've got a pretty damned good exhaust on there right now.

That $800 sounds a bit on the cheap side so I'd assume it doesn't include a cat or a dump.

Really, you shouldn't need to touch your exhaust until around the 300rwkw mark if memory serves. Now, depending on what you're expecting to achieve with your first set of maps, you may want to get injectors and a cooler, cat and cooler, or injectors and cat. Those alone would take care of the $800 and probably be money better spent.

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

I agree with newl, but it depends on what your goals are. If you dont plan on going nuts, a performance exhaust will be a waste of money. But if you are like me, regardless of performance you want a nice sound to your T!

I got mine second hand from Ninka and I'm very happy with it. It has marginally better flow than stock (not enough to make it overboost) and sounds HEAPS better. It's from the dump back and it's 3" with high flow cat and two mufflers (stainless)... not sure what it was new but I got it very cheap!

  • Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canning Vale, W.A
Posted

thanks guy's, I was only planning to get the exhuast becuase I want my T to sound a little bit tougher, I think I'll get the injectors and cooler done first. I'll just head to Simon's And get him to do the whole lot for me when he does my tune :spoton:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: OZ
Posted
thanks guy's, I was only planning to get the exhuast becuase I want my T to sound a little bit tougher, I think I'll get the injectors and cooler done first. I'll just head to Simon's And get him to do the whole lot for me when he does my tune :bowdown:

Mmmmm CAPA edit and extreme tune :ta:

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Albury, NSW
Posted
Mmmmm CAPA edit and extreme tune :laughing:

Tell me about it. Beat money I ever spent.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: OZ
Posted
Tell me about it. Beat money I ever spent.

Yeah I think the time has come for a tune :)

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 9m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: PERTH WA
Posted

Thanks for the tips on the radar detectors and the web sites. I shall be on the hunt this week for one before it's too late..

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: W.A
Posted

where is a good place to take my car (in Perth) to get the injector, cooler and tune done????

Posted
where is a good place to take my car (in Perth) to get the injector, cooler and tune done????

Xtreme Ford Tuning - It's a No Brainer and others will concur resoundingly !!!

Simon's a site sponsor so you'll find all his info here

Get ready for a huge surprise

Coops

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: OZ
Posted

As above. Extreme Ford Tuning is the go. Simon is a specialist tuner ( :stupid: ) and works with these cars all day every day. He's a great guy to talk to also and is always willing to help out.

http://www.xtremefordtuning.com

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...