xr6t ego Member 1,112 Member For: 19y 9m 4d Gender: Male Location: PERTH WA Posted 23/04/11 05:47 AM Posted 23/04/11 05:47 AM Goodluck Mike, you should claim a few scalps.. Was it the Alstar tail shaft loop from Chris Mills the one you purchased?Woo Whoo the cars back on the road. A big big thanks to Luke for all of the help, just need to clean of his grubby finger prints now. Thanks again. Will post up some more pics when cleaned up.Wheelgleam has done all of my polishing and more than happy to recommend them to people wanting something polished.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 23/04/11 06:19 AM Posted 23/04/11 06:19 AM Glad your happy mate, looks the business now its all back together. ( Im sure the AWOL plenum nut will turn up one day.... :idontknow:)Oh and im sure those finger prints are yours......................
XF Falcon <put funny sh*t here> Member 3,365 Member For: 19y 10m 20d Gender: Male Location: Perth, NOR Posted 23/04/11 08:20 AM Posted 23/04/11 08:20 AM (edited) Brendan, it looks identical to the Alstar one on the Chris Mills website, but its boxed as a RPC brand one.I wasn't keen on drilling holes in the floor/chasis so I decided to modify the RPC one and use the gearbox cross member bolts.Here is how it is out of the boxRoughly where it sits on the car.Measured how long it should be and chopped the ends off them. I then had to grind down some of the sides so I could use the hole on the end to go through the cross member bolt properly. Once I was happy with how it fit on the cross member, I tacked it together, checked it all fitted good, then welded it all up properly, tidied them up a bit then gave it a coat of paint.I decided to leave the loop part unpainted so its a bit more visible at scrutineering.This is how it looks fitted. Its very solid and sits within 150mm of the front uni, so hopefully its good enough. Edited 23/04/11 08:23 AM by XF Falcon
Tocchi Sandtrap Motorsport Legacy Donating Member 2,055 Member For: 17y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 23/04/11 09:32 AM Posted 23/04/11 09:32 AM RIP_HSV, the ute is looking good liking the fuel setup
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 1d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 23/04/11 09:35 AM Posted 23/04/11 09:35 AM Gee Mike your member looks quite small entering thru that large hole.
XF Falcon <put funny sh*t here> Member 3,365 Member For: 19y 10m 20d Gender: Male Location: Perth, NOR Posted 23/04/11 09:58 AM Posted 23/04/11 09:58 AM I can assure you the member is more than big enough for the job (has been confirmed from multiple sources) However in this case I'm working with an extremely big hole and by comparison it does look quite small I'm not sure how to make it smaller to tell you the truth. It can't lift any higher as it hits the floor of the car, and I can't chop make the loop halves any smaller as they won't touch the sides and bolt up properly any more.
Grug Member 1,318 Member For: 18y 2m Posted 23/04/11 10:30 AM Posted 23/04/11 10:30 AM What you did there, I see it.
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 23/04/11 11:27 AM Posted 23/04/11 11:27 AM Great work avoiding drilling holes in the car Mike. If I ever bother to get a TS loop put in I'd be the same.
djkice Boost Addict Member 1,273 Member For: 18y 2m 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth, W.A. Posted 23/04/11 12:12 PM Posted 23/04/11 12:12 PM Does anyone have a 1.06 rear housing to suit a GT4094 they want to part with or swap with a .85?the 85 spools nicer...you looking to make more power?
Cheaty McCheats Totally not a Cop Legacy Donating Member 821 Member For: 15y 8m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 23/04/11 01:01 PM Posted 23/04/11 01:01 PM (edited) Here ya go! Bit of a pain that it was real low light and Pat didn't have his expensive lens with him.I'll try get him along on the next cruise with good glass so we can get some nice photos of everyones cars. Edited 23/04/11 01:02 PM by CyanideIllusions
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now