Killbot Member 160 Member For: 22y 6m 7d Posted 11/12/05 04:05 AM Posted 11/12/05 04:05 AM Seriously alot of you guys need to realise that acceleration is'nt the only thing that makes a performance car, I love my T to bits but wouldent say it in the same breath as Porsche , plus ive heard they are heaps of fun to drive and the S model is pretty quick in a straight line.They do look a bit poser ish though.Actually an M3 would be much nicer for that money.
Guest Guests Posted 11/12/05 05:08 AM Posted 11/12/05 05:08 AM Going to take a look at the Z4 asap, next years Z4 will be coming out with the last M3 donk. Don't worry about those looks it'll be a beast.Boxster S is now out of the question due to price but the Z4 is a real contender.Maybe calling a Boxster a womans car is a little bit tuff on it, but when your wondering which way that Sti that just crushed you at the lights went at that point I'd think you'd very unhappy with the move to the Clatons Porsche.Time will tell.
eatV8 Artificially Aspirated Member 951 Member For: 22y 8m 29d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 11/12/05 06:20 AM Posted 11/12/05 06:20 AM Going to take a look at the Z4 asap, next years Z4 will be coming out with the last M3 donk. Don't worry about those looks it'll be a beast.Boxster S is now out of the question due to price but the Z4 is a real contender.Maybe calling a Boxster a womans car is a little bit tuff on it, but when your wondering which way that Sti that just crushed you at the lights went at that point I'd think you'd very unhappy with the move to the Clatons Porsche.Time will tell.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Z4 is a very nice car also. The Z4 Coupe when it comes out will be awesome exp when it gets the current M3's 6cyl like you mensioned. However, the M version of either Z4 roadster/coupe will be more expensive then the Boxster S. If it is a 2 seat convertible he is after, tell him take a Honda S2000 for a spin. Not a fast car in a straight line, but it is another car with awesome balance and dynamics.
MRDOHC When in doubt ... Accelerate! Member 440 Member For: 23y 1m 1d Location: Melbourne, Hoppers Xing Posted 11/12/05 07:27 AM Posted 11/12/05 07:27 AM Life isn't about 0-100 times and ¼ miles. Some people actually like do other things in their cars.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Agree one hundred percent. The whole thing is that it has to suit each person individually a Boxter is going to be useless for a guy with 3 kids for example. I think 0-100 and 1/4 mile times are important but so is practicality, cost, running costs and insurance, and the T trumps the Porsche in these areas plus you get the added bonus of parts not costing a million bucks, cheap servicing and not being paranoid evertime you park it (well not AS paranoid).And F6 UTE I wont hold my breath on the after sales thing, the top gear survey of 150 cars put a hell of a lot of Mercedes cars in the bottom of the list cause of the customer care as voted by the owners...You would be cussing if you got bad service and paid 100k plus
F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 24d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 11/12/05 07:35 AM Posted 11/12/05 07:35 AM And F6 UTE I wont hold my breath on the after sales thing, the top gear survey of 150 cars put a hell of a lot of Mercedes cars in the bottom of the list cause of the customer care as voted by the owners...You would be cussing if you got bad service and paid 100k plus <{POST_SNAPBACK}>But Merc to Europe is as Expensive Daewoo and Ford is to Aus.I dare say merc and bmw service here is first rate.bad service for $100k plus, or NO service for $70k+????
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 11/12/05 08:10 AM Posted 11/12/05 08:10 AM The Z4 probably isn't a bad idea since he wants a soft top.The style of it doesn't really float my boat, but it's regarded as having one of the best balanced chassis ever build.
DaKing Member 150 Member For: 21y 10m 28d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 11/12/05 08:15 AM Posted 11/12/05 08:15 AM MAte has an early Boxter and blew a cam bearing - $16,000 engine rebuildThis happenned just before the the $8,000 gearbox problemI'm sticking with a Ford
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 11/12/05 08:18 AM Posted 11/12/05 08:18 AM Expensive price tag.Expensive parts.Expensive service.Expensive insurance.No real surprises there.
cjm Member 24 Member For: 22y 3m 15d Posted 12/12/05 04:37 AM Posted 12/12/05 04:37 AM The Boxster S is one very nice vehicle. Last year I had an S for a couple of days and I must say that I loved it. The sound of the motor behind my ears, the brakes, the steering, the agile handling and the athletic performance (0 - 100 in under 6), really made me appreciate this car. Then there was the cool electric operating top, the awesome 6 speed manual, the gorgeous looks of the car (subjective, I know but my opinion) and ... But then I needed a reality check cos I couldn't afford to buy it. But if I could, I would, full stop. A 'girlie' car? Not a chance guys! My husband didn't think so either!
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 17d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 13/12/05 10:30 AM Posted 13/12/05 10:30 AM Doing some Christmas shoping today, going looking at Boxter S 987. Saddly not for me for a close friend<{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi there,Just wondering, how would I become a "close friend" with you.. I could do with a porsche..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now