Swanga Benzene Member 432 Member For: 22y 3m 24d Gender: Male Location: Out West Posted 30/05/05 10:32 AM Posted 30/05/05 10:32 AM I find that my new 6sp has a slight noise, 1. when stationary and clutch disabled(push clutch in and goes away) and 2. when under load, large or small it has a slight rattle. My old 5 sp was similar but you'd think they would have fixed it on the new box.anyone else have similar problems??
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 17d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 30/05/05 10:37 AM Posted 30/05/05 10:37 AM It seems to be a "mandatory at no extra cost" option with all Tremecs ... reports of this have put me right off upgrading to a T56. I'm going to have to look for a ZF or Getrag.
F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 12d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 30/05/05 11:57 AM Posted 30/05/05 11:57 AM I belong in this group, all 750kms old of it...
Swanga Benzene Member 432 Member For: 22y 3m 24d Gender: Male Location: Out West Posted 30/05/05 12:05 PM Author Posted 30/05/05 12:05 PM I belong in this group, all 750kms old of it...<{POST_SNAPBACK}>lol..I've only done 380kms.......at least im not the only one
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 4d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 30/05/05 12:14 PM Posted 30/05/05 12:14 PM Mine's still fine after about 1400kms
Lawsy Wanabe mechanical engineer Legacy Donating Member 960 Member For: 22y 10d Gender: Male Location: At the computer, obviously..... Posted 30/05/05 12:40 PM Posted 30/05/05 12:40 PM Didn't one of the mal woods guys say that if you do an oil swap it fixes this problem? Ask them, apparently a better oil does the trick.. Or maybe I'm dreaming...Give them a buzz and find out!
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 30/05/05 01:56 PM Posted 30/05/05 01:56 PM yeah, standard, mine does it too...they changed the oil and made a note of it in their database.Dave.
Tappo_1982 Member 3 Member For: 21y 6m 4d Posted 30/05/05 08:47 PM Posted 30/05/05 08:47 PM Yeah picked mine up on the weekend, only 1st gear has that particular problem I've found in all my 400km's of experience. Though a slight whine out of it when rolling into corners in 2nd........
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 4d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 30/05/05 09:20 PM Posted 30/05/05 09:20 PM I was a little surprised by rattles and vibrations etc when I bought mine as well. Now after 4000k the gearbox shifts smoother, is quiet and I have no complaints at all!So - maybe they just need a bit of bedding in?
Hazey Member 234 Member For: 23y 1m 21d Posted 31/05/05 12:12 AM Posted 31/05/05 12:12 AM Mine has 9,000k's on it and does not have the sound you all describethe only problem I have is sometimes (say 5 out of 10 goes) shifting from 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd it wont feel solid, like its hitting metal and not a rubber feel??Aidan
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now