Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, Vic
Posted

yeah that's true, it's got better now after almost 9000km...

I too have noticed that whine but it's in 6th at about 80, it could be the diff though.

Dave.

  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 6m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: New Zealand
Posted

While we are all talking about vibrations - I get a feeling, kind of like when you run over the bump strips on a motorway on ramp but a lot smaller - when travelling between 110 and 120km on a nice smooth road. It isnt a vibration as such - more a harmonic feel. Anyone get this?

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 5m 2d
Posted

SAME AS ME HAD T56 FROM MAL WOODS VIRTUALLY NOISEY FORM DAY ONE :crybaby: UNDER POWER,

ALOT OF ROLLOVER NOISE FROM BOX JUST SITTING OUT OF GEAR WAS TOLD THAT THIS WAS NORM FOR T56 ANYWAY HAVE AUTO IN NOW

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 18d
Posted

I have a six speed although is doesn’t make any strange noises, it feels very loose going into second gear. I only have 238 ks on the clock.

Cheers, Danny

  • Benzene
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 4m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Out West
Posted
I was a little surprised by rattles and vibrations etc when I bought mine as well.  Now after 4000k the gearbox shifts smoother, is quiet and I have no complaints at all!

So - maybe they just need a bit of bedding in?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So maybe I should wait a bit before I start complaining, and just let them know at the 3000 check up.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted (edited)

I have the 5spd and its ALWAYS chattered like a b**ch when in neutral with clutch out. push the clutch in and it goes away.

I took it back to dealers and demanded a new thrust bearing, anyways 4 days later I picked it up and whattaya know... BLOODY NOISE IS STILL THERE!!!! :gooff:

I was told the usual bullsh*t by the service dept buy "its normal".... GRRRRR I swear ill kill the next service guy to say that! :laughing:

EDIT: it was replaced at 4000kms, ute now has 12 thou and still makes the noise even louder than before. so dont belive its a "bedding in" issue... :laughing:

Edited by Trough Lolly
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 5d
  • Location: Mosman
Posted
I find that my new 6sp has a slight noise, 1. when stationary and clutch disabled(push clutch in and goes away) and 2. when under load, large or small it has a slight rattle. My old 5 sp was similar but you'd think they would  have fixed it on the new box.

anyone else have similar problems??

If you have a Typhoon (judging by your avatar?) it'll be addressed by the same TSB that covers the clutch replacement. They replace the oil in the gearbox (not sure if it was Transmax Z, but must be similar). No rattles any more here; was rattling until the very second I dropped it off at the dealer beforehand.

(I can't get over how much they cleaned up all the little niggling issues for my Typhoon in one fell swoop... go FPV! This is how the car should've been six months ago.)

  • Benzene
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 4m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Out West
Posted

Na its an xr6t............I just like the typhoon wheels

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mexico
Posted

Cannot tell you what an XR6T T56 is like but my mates VYII SS Late model camira isn't loud, but noisy enough that if you didn't like mechanical sounds you would crack it

  • Yes I am too tall for my hair
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 4d
  • Location: Launceston Tasmania.
Posted

all standard on my second gear box and they both make a noise

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...