XRT8U Member 503 Member For: 22y 2m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 21/05/05 08:40 AM Author Posted 21/05/05 08:40 AM thanks guys! My mate has a manual I he's shiftness is so stiff and struggles to get in gears sometimes! He drove my car and said the shifts felt like an auto cause of the smoothness of the shifts! It all comes down to the tuner I guess! My only problem is I can hear abit of whining but I heard that's normal correct me if im wrong!
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 12d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 21/05/05 09:05 AM Posted 21/05/05 09:05 AM Yes Whine in 3rd Normal, or should I quote ford...."Within Limitations" Would'nt go much higher than 260rwkw with the T5 though.It's a shame mines gone would have swapped my T5 for your Auto.
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 21/05/05 09:35 AM Posted 21/05/05 09:35 AM like most people with big horsepower...Dave
WBT56 Mal Wood Automotive Member 457 Member For: 23y 11m 2d Gender: Male Posted 21/05/05 09:42 AM Posted 21/05/05 09:42 AM thanks guys! My mate has a manual I he's shiftness is so stiff and struggles to get in gears sometimes! He drove my car and said the shifts felt like an auto cause of the smoothness of the shifts! It all comes down to the tuner I guess! My only problem is I can hear abit of whining but I heard that's normal correct me if im wrong!Consider yourself corrected. The T5 will start to whine once contact patch damage has occurred to third gear or the input drive. Ben.
YOOT Member 1,201 Member For: 23y 3m 20d Location: Birkdale Posted 21/05/05 09:57 PM Posted 21/05/05 09:57 PM What the hell is that? Mine must have been damaged when it was manufactured then
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 7m Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 22/05/05 12:32 AM Posted 22/05/05 12:32 AM Each to there own opinions but I could tell you many bad stories about nizpro and id like to see your car on a different dyno pull the same powerThe fact still remains HPF have the fastest xr6 turbos in the country and they pull less power at the wheels than most which points to most people's dynos reading way to highHPF are the only place that have customers cars out there backing up there power figures with timesGood luck with your car Well said Adam
Guest mercurysteve Guests Posted 22/05/05 04:51 AM Posted 22/05/05 04:51 AM So what's it worth to go from auto to manual? I miss driving stick friggin heaps, although I bought the auto because the T5 is a dog IMO. At the very least, a rip-shift kit would make it bareable. Cost estimate anyone?What could the auto set up parts be worth to sell?
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/05/05 06:36 AM Posted 22/05/05 06:36 AM Each to there own opinions but I could tell you many bad stories about nizpro and id like to see your car on a different dyno pull the same powerAdam,I could tell you bad stories about many tuners used by readers on this forum, but better left unsaid.The fact still remains HPF have the fastest xr6 turbos in the country and they pull less power at the wheels than most which points to most people's dynos reading way to high HPF are the only place that have customers cars out there backing up there power figures with timesYes, HPF is doing a very good job, but Nizpro are also getting some very good results, and have many happy customers, as well as those that have Nizpro do a retune after not being so happy with HPF.You’re argument that HPF are doing better because of Craigs great results is really very weak. Craig is basically a class above the rest of us, and largely because of his experience. As for dyno readings, when my car read 332rwkw on Simons dyno, the next week it read 341rwkw on on Dyno Dynamics dyno here in Sydney.Brian
xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 22/05/05 07:24 AM Posted 22/05/05 07:24 AM Brian you make a point that I like to always come back to, that each tuning house will always have it's success and horror stories.I am not sure why HPF was brought into the original post the way they were, but this thread was bound to get some pro HPF responses.The topic is a good one so let's get back on track
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/05/05 07:39 AM Posted 22/05/05 07:39 AM Dean,I agree.You guys are very lucky to have 2 or 3 good tuning houses in Melbourne.You made the point before; that is that people should as a rule should always give their original tuner a right to correct or resolve any issues, before airing issues in public.As for the original topic, I'm glad the customer is happy.Personally, I would have gone with a T56, but I suspect there was a very good deal on a T5.Brian
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now