C.S.I Member 651 Member For: 21y 9m 17d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 26/04/05 05:49 AM Posted 26/04/05 05:49 AM Mine was flashed at 3k, made no difference in my opinion
Honest Gaza The Thief of BadGags Legacy Donating Member 527 Member For: 23y 2d Location: Sydney Posted 26/04/05 05:58 AM Posted 26/04/05 05:58 AM That's the media doing what they do best, ie generalising and making all XR6T owners feel quite ordinary about their cars.Again, I dispute that this article makes generalisations.It refers to 3 unhappy owners by name, and refers to comments by 1 Turbo Forum user.It mentions that of 10,232 cars that could be affected....2% have complained.Any generalisations / conclusions made from this are at the whim of the reader....don't balme the media.I read the article....but it hasn't kept me awake at night.
stang Legacy Donating Member 1,353 Member For: 22y 8m 13d Location: Melbourne Posted 26/04/05 06:03 AM Posted 26/04/05 06:03 AM Please don`t flame me ,even though I know some enjoy it.But for those that have lost power could we list the dealers and those that havent can they list their dealers too. (I hope the Mods allow it)The reason is that some are saying they have others are saying they haven`t maybe some dealers have a bad update or something.Lets see if these cars that have lost power are coming from the same dealers.EG dealer Lost power dealer no lost powerThis may also instill some confidence to T owners to where they can take their cars for service.
RATT Member 230 Member For: 23y 10m 26d Location: Sydney Posted 26/04/05 06:08 AM Posted 26/04/05 06:08 AM That's the media doing what they do best, ie generalising and making all XR6T owners feel quite ordinary about their cars.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Jealousy coming through by those who haven't got one or can't afford one <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Exactly. I have one customer with a 04 MkI who had it done last week and was made aware of it when he dropped it off. Out of interest I spoke to him the next day and asked him if he thought there was any change in power, he said there was no difference as far as he was concerned.
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 26/04/05 08:20 AM Posted 26/04/05 08:20 AM That's the media doing what they do best, ie generalising and making all XR6T owners feel quite ordinary about their cars.Jealousy coming through by those who haven't got one or can't afford one My first T was an absolute shocker and would be what I class a "LEMON".... my second T is much better and I have no complaints about it. Ford did not give a sh1t about my previous problems and I wish I could of used the media to bring it to peoples attention. I think the article makes ford feel oridnary about themselves and not the owners of T's. This article should not affect those people that dont have issues???. Those that do, good on you for taking a stance Hope this makes ford realise they need to more then they are doing Just because you dont have issues doesnt mean that others dont, period!!!! have some compasion for those that do.Harvyk....... there is no jealousy involved..... If you ever get a lemon I hope you remember those words.... I have already had one lemon and I really feel for those who are pushing sh1t uphill to get ford to fix the problems
YOOT Member 1,201 Member For: 23y 3m 14d Location: Birkdale Posted 26/04/05 09:11 AM Posted 26/04/05 09:11 AM Note the poor performance (and therefore wrap) the XR6T got at the Motor's Aussie Brawl.......... They noted well and truly how slow the car was down the 1/4 and on the track compared to the car 2 years ago!.It dynoed a big 192.8 rear wheel kw so where was the loss of speed???. My guess this is how Ford are now setting the tune on the new T's and flashing this into our cars when getting their little mitts on them when servicing or repairs.The XR6T they tested was a embarrasment to every T owner (14.81 @ 157kph/ 97.5mph).Ford certainly aren't doing themselves ANY favours in the eye of the public lately, it's hard to see a good write up at all anymore, especially after the Typhoon disaster (I bet they are swamped with orders!!!!).Blind Freddy Jesus can see they need to get MORE grunt to keep up with the "Jones's" but they seem to be happy to go slower.They should be aiming at the 300kw /600nm mark. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think you find that run was all in the launch. The times and that power output is uncannily similar to my run and my drawback was a slow 60ft.MOTOR [email protected] with 192.8rwkwRednut 14.71@98 Mph with 195.2rwlw <----2.444sec 60ft.MOTOR 13.98 was recorded at Avalon Airport and the MPH was no higher (maybe 99mph), the run way is VERY grippy, it has a broomed sruface.My car was flashed an it goes harder now than ever before, especially up top! It hammers!
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 19d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 26/04/05 10:51 AM Posted 26/04/05 10:51 AM GazzaMy opinion may be wrong....but it's just as possible, yours could be too.I agree gaz it's just my opinion no need to go reading to much into it, I wasnt attacking anyone other than the sensatoinalist journalism that is being used over an issue that is not as big as there headline and 1/2 page article is instigating IMHO.Maybe I was generalising a bit to much but I read it at face value, from the attention grabber: Only in Australia can car makers get away with what Ford has done to owners of the iconic XR6 turbo.I read that as being ALL of us are having this problem, not just the few who are in the article and those that have said they have been affected by it. And I'm guessing (yes yes generalising) the punter's reading it who have NFI as to what is going on with this issue and have only read that article would read it the same way.But an Internet forum for XR6T owners - fordxr6turbo.com - has dozens of posts from owners complaining about the software fix and warning others about it. Dozen's is a plural isnt it, sound's like were all complaining (whinging) about it.I think it's great for the guy's having this problem and that FORD takes due note of it, but I can think of a lot better way's to have the forum highlighted in the press........hasnt kept me awake at night either but I dont usualy go to bed till well after 2am anyways...
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 26/04/05 11:01 AM Posted 26/04/05 11:01 AM but I can think of a lot better way's to have the forum highlighted in the press.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Precisely.
Honest Gaza The Thief of BadGags Legacy Donating Member 527 Member For: 23y 2d Location: Sydney Posted 26/04/05 11:04 AM Posted 26/04/05 11:04 AM Dagabond....I've had my say...you've had yours
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 26/04/05 11:36 AM Posted 26/04/05 11:36 AM Note the poor performance (and therefore wrap) the XR6T got at the Motor's Aussie Brawl.......... They noted well and truly how slow the car was down the 1/4 and on the track compared to the car 2 years ago!.It dynoed a big 192.8 rear wheel kw so where was the loss of speed???. My guess this is how Ford are now setting the tune on the new T's and flashing this into our cars when getting their little mitts on them when servicing or repairs.The XR6T they tested was a embarrasment to every T owner (14.81 @ 157kph/ 97.5mph).Ford certainly aren't doing themselves ANY favours in the eye of the public lately, it's hard to see a good write up at all anymore, especially after the Typhoon disaster (I bet they are swamped with orders!!!!).Blind Freddy Jesus can see they need to get MORE grunt to keep up with the "Jones's" but they seem to be happy to go slower.They should be aiming at the 300kw /600nm mark. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>MOTOR [email protected] with 192.8rwkwRednut 14.71@98 Mph with 195.2rwlw <----2.444sec 60ft.MOTOR 13.98 was recorded at Avalon Airport and the MPH was no higher (maybe 99mph), the run way is VERY grippy, it has a broomed sruface.My car was flashed an it goes harder now than ever before, especially up top! It hammers!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ummm .... goes faster than ever before a blistering 14.71, with 195 at the bags it had better be a manual
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now