xlr8ed Phantom lives Member 1,417 Member For: 22y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: who knows Posted 22/04/05 01:16 AM Posted 22/04/05 01:16 AM Just a thread to let people know what we think of the trans modules we have got fitted..I am very happy with the results, I did have a $660 upgraded shift, but I could not use 1st gear in drive mode. Now with the trans-mod I get the same results and can switch off when I like, very handy for less than half the other price fitted...jeff
Geeseman Legacy Donating Member 1,805 Member For: 22y 11m 7d Location: Sydney Posted 22/04/05 01:19 AM Posted 22/04/05 01:19 AM Surely that's not the only mod on your trans Jeff? I can't see the trans lasting too long with 340rwkw.Are you planning anything else?
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 22/04/05 01:26 AM Posted 22/04/05 01:26 AM I ...... um had mine recently fitted by someone who has already posted in this thread & am stunned at the results, that having been said I'll only be using it when I'm in R for race mode, be it at the lights or on the track. Great mod & great result for a small cost.Scotty
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 8m 27d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 22/04/05 03:03 AM Posted 22/04/05 03:03 AM I too had one fitted to my car and it works well.The good thing is being able to turn it off when you want if you want super slushy mode or on for full shift kit feeling. Cost me bugger all too.
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 22d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 22/04/05 04:16 AM Posted 22/04/05 04:16 AM I have used these and I think they are a great value for money mod. The fact that you can switch it on and off is great.Geea.
maximum_velocity Lemming No #5 Member 1,991 Member For: 21y 10m 11d Gender: Male Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria Posted 22/04/05 04:24 AM Posted 22/04/05 04:24 AM Excuse me stupidity guys but whats is a trans module and wat does it do?
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 8m 27d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 22/04/05 04:32 AM Posted 22/04/05 04:32 AM Its a little control module that is wired to your Ford PCM and is able to control the shift on your tranny by a flick of a switch in the cabin.Like having a shift kit on a old auto kind of feeling.I think it increases line pressure in your gearbox.
xlr8ed Phantom lives Member 1,417 Member For: 22y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: who knows Posted 22/04/05 04:42 AM Author Posted 22/04/05 04:42 AM it fits on all BA models. I fitted the one one Scotty's and fpvt6 and I done a XR8 the other day and it was a huge difference, nice hard shift chirpping the tyres through the gear change...jeff
CHIPS Great rack Legacy Donating Member 1,351 Member For: 23y 6m 9d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Vic. Posted 22/04/05 04:44 AM Posted 22/04/05 04:44 AM Where do ya get it??? Or.........who is making them??
xlr8ed Phantom lives Member 1,417 Member For: 22y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: who knows Posted 22/04/05 05:27 AM Author Posted 22/04/05 05:27 AM PM sent
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now