Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 4m 23d
  • Location: Melb
Posted

Picked up my car from HPF Today after having the edit and trans cooler done yesterday. Wow what a difference. For the record my car is a standard auto apart from xr8 air filter and second intake.

Standard it ran just on 190rwkw after the tune 240.5rwkw. The differance driving is amazing. The power delivery is so much smoother (and more of it), transmission shifts are crisper also. From 3000RPM It just pulls hard all the way to the red line. I also had a transmission cooler fitted just for insuance.

The guys (and girl) at HPF Were great to deal with. I asked about the problem with the TC and they said they were aware of the problem, have told Cappa about it and are waiting for a fix. The TC On mine switches itself if you accelerate hard and brake traction, TC Light flashes then stays on. :gooff:

After the first day of driving I can say I'm more than happy with the result. :spoton:

  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

Good stuff mate.

HPF Did mine last week. Besides the traction control issues. Its fantastic.

Nice bunch of blokes there too.

Enjoy the ride. Scared the :gooff: out of me the first time mine let go :spoton:

  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 1d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted
Picked up my car from HPF Today after having the edit and trans cooler done yesterday. Wow what a difference. For the record my car is a standard auto apart from xr8 air filter and second intake.

Standard it ran just on 190rwkw after the tune 240.5rwkw. The differance driving is amazing. The power delivery is so much smoother (and more of it), transmission shifts are crisper also. From 3000RPM It just pulls hard all the way to the red line. I also had a transmission cooler fitted just for insuance.

The guys (and girl) at HPF Were great to deal with. I asked about the problem with the TC and they said they were aware of the problem, have told Cappa about it and are waiting for a fix. The TC On mine switches itself if you accelerate hard and brake traction, TC Light flashes then stays on.  :gooff:

After the first day of driving I can say I'm more than happy with the result.  :spoton:

Great Result John, to have 50 odd rwkw gain is very impressive. We are very lucky in Vic to have such great tuners at our disposal. Rob, Ian and the team at HPF do great work as well as providing good customer service. Tanya is the mechanic you are reffering to by the way.

Only problem now is fighting off the desire for more power, trust me it will come :gooff:

BTW just an additional question, how have you and others found your fuel economy since taking the edit on board? :ermm:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 4m 23d
  • Location: Melb
Posted

JB, I'll let you about the economy when I stop thrashing the sh*t out of it, at the moment it's pretty average, although I'm having lots of fun.

  • fordxr5turbodotcom
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Point Cook, Vic
Posted

go son! :D

  • fordxr5turbodotcom
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Point Cook, Vic
Posted
go son! :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Miyagi, when are joining the edit club?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Building a house at the moment... so I've either gotta win one of these puppies from Nizpro or Autotechnique... or just hold out a little longer... I'm only 24 so I'm trying to limit myself until I get to 25 (for insurance etc - not sure if it'll make much dif though)... then it's GAME ON!!

  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted
go son! :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Miyagi, when are joining the edit club?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Building a house at the moment... so I've either gotta win one of these puppies from Nizpro or Autotechnique... or just hold out a little longer... I'm only 24 so I'm trying to limit myself until I get to 25 (for insurance etc - not sure if it'll make much dif though)... then it's GAME ON!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Miyagi, mate ... driving a T , building a house and only 24 well done son :spoton:

Stick to your programme it will all be sweet . Great to see :gooff:

  • fordxr5turbodotcom
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Point Cook, Vic
Posted
Miyagi, mate ... driving a T , building a house and only 24 well done son :blush:

Stick to your programme it will all be sweet . Great to see  :spoton:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Stone the flamin' crows! :blush:

It was funny when all my friends thought I was insane buying a house @ 21, then I went and bought a new XR6T when I was 22, then they got jealous... and they are just plain stupified that I'm building a new house... I guess now my friends are all a little more mature these days and can see what I meant when I rambled on about things when I was 17-18... I'm going to start building casinos, running beauty pageants and combing my hair funny soon :w00t2::spoton:

GOD ITS LATE!

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted

Welcome to the HPF team. that's a nice result for edit only. What, if any, other mods do you have planned? Will you be taking it to Calder to see what it can do?

Geea. :blush:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...