Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 6m 24d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 15/02/05 09:53 AM Posted 15/02/05 09:53 AM FPV Peoples, do you have to hold the key on while you start? orDo you turn key then start?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Put key in, turn and press button..
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 6m 24d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 15/02/05 09:54 AM Posted 15/02/05 09:54 AM Put key in, turn and press button..Put key in, turn and press button..Put key in, turn and press button..Put key in, turn and press button..Put key in, turn and press button..Put key in, turn and press button..Put key in, turn and press button..Put key in, turn and press button..Put key in, turn and press button..Put key in, turn and press button.. No Thanks.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Go on Daz............you know you want one
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 16d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 15/02/05 10:06 AM Posted 15/02/05 10:06 AM I see it as a bit of a :ughjerkit: but I've never actually been in a GT so my thoughts are possibly null and void. Better things they could of spent the money on IMO.
FPV 521 FPV521 Member 989 Member For: 22y 28d Gender: Male Posted 16/02/05 08:13 AM Posted 16/02/05 08:13 AM I was bought up to start the motor by turning th key and like it that way.The button is a novelty just like those gear paddles behind the new holdens stearing wheel.If I wanted bloody paddles I would buy a canoe and an orr <{POST_SNAPBACK}>you would prob still beat a Expensive Daewoo in a canoe<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guest Guests Posted 17/02/05 11:01 AM Posted 17/02/05 11:01 AM Don't get me started on those arming switches....... Think about this before you "get started"Well XRT UTE, if you can come up with a safer more reliable, tried and tested way to arm a 100 shot of NOS, let me know mate, till then the arming switch is doing its job just fine thanks.You don't but a arming switch in your car XRT UTE for 'looks' (which it seem you care about so much) unless your drive a glow in the dark Honda people mover with crome plated grease nipples and your mouth hurts from saying "fully" all the F'N time. You put an arming switch in your car because its the right tool for the job and there simply isn't a better one. By the way, my car is not a Honda people mover and at no time does it or will it ever glow in the dark.
XRBloke Legacy Donating Member 1,219 Member For: 23y 3m 7d Posted 17/02/05 11:09 AM Posted 17/02/05 11:09 AM There should be an option where you can use the starter button or have it the conventional way, should be able to program it yourself at home. I don't see the issue with it, its a nice touch to give you that supercar feel....
F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 18d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 17/02/05 02:52 PM Posted 17/02/05 02:52 PM Don't get me started on those arming switches....... Think about this before you "get started"Well XRT UTE, if you can come up with a safer more reliable, tried and tested way to arm a 100 shot of NOS, let me know mate, till then the arming switch is doing its job just fine thanks.You don't but a arming switch in your car XRT UTE for 'looks' (which it seem you care about so much) unless your drive a glow in the dark Honda people mover with crome plated grease nipples and your mouth hurts from saying "fully" all the F'N time. You put an arming switch in your car because its the right tool for the job and there simply isn't a better one. By the way, my car is not a Honda people mover and at no time does it or will it ever glow in the dark.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I did think about it, and I installed a rocker switch on the face of the console, under the lid.. just handy so when u turn your wrist downwards, it contacts with the switch. That way, u don't have to fumble and look downwards when activating the switch. It's close to the console, so your hand is not far from it, and it's not overly visable from passers by down the shops.But for a security factor, as you mentioned, placing that switch after a different rocker, so both switches have to be 'armed' to activate anything..I do think before I post, and to me, an arming switch is wankier than the starter button. My opinion only, You have your tastes, I have mine.. I respect that.
DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 11d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 17/02/05 09:12 PM Posted 17/02/05 09:12 PM FPV starter button sorry guy's but I like it
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 17/02/05 10:55 PM Posted 17/02/05 10:55 PM FPV starter button sorry guy's but I like it <{POST_SNAPBACK}>*beep*
mercturbo Member 696 Member For: 23y 6m 15d Location: Geelong Posted 18/02/05 01:29 AM Posted 18/02/05 01:29 AM starter button, I push it almost every day, its insignifigant and irrelevent and I find myself bored writing about it, there must be something more interesting to talk about, as long as the 290 fires up and continues to perform as brilliantly as it does, who cares how you start it, flick a switch, push a button, yell at it, lazer eye recognition
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now