maximum_velocity Lemming No #5 Member 1,991 Member For: 21y 10m 5d Gender: Male Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria Posted 06/02/05 12:14 PM Posted 06/02/05 12:14 PM Here is what The President of Ford Aust. posted on his weekly spiel.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi BloanMate to get the record straight that is what FPV would like to happen, but the dealers are supposed to cop the cost apparently. From what I've been told the majority of Ford dealerships belong to Perth Auto Alliance and they have told FPV to take a long walk off a short wharf, and they ain't gonna be giving anybody a complimentary FPV because the dealer has to wear the cost Just more dis-infomation and poor communication on FPVs behalf with the Ford dealer network. You can't blame the dealers for not wanting to hand over complimentary GTs indefinately, why should they wear the cost because there was a stuff up at the clown factory I have a BA classic or something given to me yesterday when the Grey Ghosts clutch finally did the inevitable and the dealer leapt to my rescue. I also have a friend with a Rapid Typhoon who is getting the same issues with his. It all seems to be going around in circles at the moment and I'm over it. I will leave the thing with them until its right, although to be honest they will probably put a boffin in charge who will get it half right and cause even more problems eventually and as for working round the clock what a crock any engineer with half a brain would be testing alternatives within a day or two, its quite simple really PUT BIG STRONG CIRCLIPS SO THE CLUTCH BECOMES THE BIG STRONG DEVICE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AND SHOULD BE FOR SUCH A STRONG CAR, I figured that out in 45 seconds. I really think the clutch issue for the Typhoon is going to become another diff issue as per almost EVERY OTHER BA Falcon. If they were half clever they would have just rang Mal Woods. I heard a rumour that AP actually supplied a good strong clutch and the head clown genius's decided that it was too heavy for the average family man and/or his wife. You would think that anybody with half a brain and a marketing degree would have known that people who would buy a Typhoon would rather have a clutch like a Massey Furguson tractor that just keeps on working (perhaps they did a survey in the womans weekly to see what people wanted). Another classic case of academics thinking that they know better than what REALLY happens in the REAL WORLD. Still once they get it right, if they ever do, the Typhoon does grow on you especially with a correctly tuned CAPA edit. Heres hoping that Flinty and Gorman have been doing some screaming and yelling and table thumping. Pity they took the best talent FMC have had for a long time and shipped him off to Germany. I read a comment that stock in most US car manfacturers now has a value equivalent to junk bonds. Perhaps that's why they exported an American out here from head office <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well said. I hope you get your car back working properly and efficient. By the way have u got any ideas for future mods....
hypnodoc It's All In Your Mind Legacy Donating Member 2,198 Member For: 22y 10m 30d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 07/02/05 01:41 PM Posted 07/02/05 01:41 PM Hi Bloan.Mate I was told today that they don't even know how long its going to take to find a fix and that the temp fix is not on so it could be a bloody long time before I see the Grey Ghost again. But when I finally do it will get the bigger injectors and a high vol fuel pump edited into it and that will be it. An edited Typhoon with those fitted will be more than enough for me :lol:
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 12d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 07/02/05 09:24 PM Posted 07/02/05 09:24 PM Hi Bloan.Mate I was told today that they don't even know how long its going to take to find a fix and that the temp fix is not on so it could be a bloody long time before I see the Grey Ghost again. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Especially if they have enlisted the help of Prodrive.....they can't build V8 Supercar motors properly, what makes anyone think they are going to have any better luck with a clutch.
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 08/02/05 01:56 AM Posted 08/02/05 01:56 AM A little salt into the wound there RossScotty
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 20d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 16/02/05 02:43 AM Posted 16/02/05 02:43 AM lol I just read all 5 pages..must say, it makes u wanna own a ferrari!!
Guest ThePhoon Guests Posted 20/02/05 09:22 PM Posted 20/02/05 09:22 PM The clutch on my TYP ical HOON is not perfect but at the moment is still drivable. When offered either the interim fix or a replacement I chose the replacement for two reasons. 1. My Phoon will be sitting idle accumulating no kilometers while I fang hell out the XR8 I pickup sometime this weekand 2. I think FPV and FORD are more likely to be working harder on the problem knowing I'm fanging hell out of one of their cars.All typhoon owners need to contact their dealers or FPV direct and demand a replacement vehicle. Hit em where it hurts The Hip Pocket.If we all just take the interim fix FPV and FORD will not have that extra incentive to get the job done.Note to FPV: If you can't push the clutch in don't buy the carDon't get me wrong I still love the Phoon but want the car I paid for.
maximum_velocity Lemming No #5 Member 1,991 Member For: 21y 10m 5d Gender: Male Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria Posted 20/02/05 10:36 PM Posted 20/02/05 10:36 PM can I have a drive of the xr8. I promise I will bring my own stockies :lol: :lol:
MYF6 Legacy Donating Member 172 Member For: 21y 9m 19d Gender: Male Location: Earth, I think? Posted 21/02/05 08:45 AM Posted 21/02/05 08:45 AM The clutch on my TYP ical HOON is not perfect but at the moment is still drivable. When offered either the interim fix or a replacement I chose the replacement for two reasons. 1. My Phoon will be sitting idle accumulating no kilometers while I fang hell out the XR8 I pickup sometime this weekand 2. I think FPV and FORD are more likely to be working harder on the problem knowing I'm fanging hell out of one of their cars.All typhoon owners need to contact their dealers or FPV direct and demand a replacement vehicle. Hit em where it hurts The Hip Pocket.If we all just take the interim fix FPV and FORD will not have that extra incentive to get the job done.Note to FPV: If you can't push the clutch in don't buy the carDon't get me wrong I still love the Phoon but want the car I paid for.Halting production of the Typhoon and Tornado is pressure enough imho. I'm happy in my F6 till they get a fix. I just hope they get it sorted soon.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now