Guest TRACK Guests Posted 23/01/05 10:52 AM Posted 23/01/05 10:52 AM Mine has the latest re-flash. It's a manual. Hasn't actually stalled yet, but it really struggles to stay alive when I stop at almost every second set of lights. The revs float between, 400 and 1200rpm as it eventually settles to an idle of about 800rpm.It's far worse than before.It still flatspots and hesitates. It also has a significant air leak/suck? somewhere in and around the turbo. Only occurs btween about 3,500 - 4,500rpm. It won't get out of it's own way.Got to love ya Fords - NOT!
1axr TEAM BLUEPRINT Member 913 Member For: 23y 8m 7d Location: Perth W.A. Posted 24/01/05 04:16 AM Posted 24/01/05 04:16 AM had the reflash done today and all appears to be going well. smooth idle and smooth cruising. mine's an auto.will have to wait for cold mourning to see if I get overboost.
C.S.I Member 651 Member For: 21y 9m 25d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 24/01/05 11:06 AM Posted 24/01/05 11:06 AM Hi All, I just had my T in for its 3000k inspection. When I booked it in, they told me it was on recall for a PMC change. I assume this was to flash the PMC with I new map. On the report sheet, It said it was PMC code PRGC 309.Well anyways I would like to report that the car now has a nice smooth idol, compared to before the service, the car would actually rock cause idle was so rough. ~allen<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Today I had the 3oooKm inspection. I didn't ask for the PMC Update (If it ain't broken don't fix it), but upon pick up was informed that they reflashed it anyway. No code PRGC309 was listed on the paperwork.This is a bit interesting as before acepting delivery of the car I e-mailed my dealer requesting confirmation that my MkII already had the fix - they said yes it does! Bullsh*it. I knew I was being fed crap at the time because of what I'd read in the forum. Anyways, the car does feel better with the reflash. Blew off a WXR and probably got my photo taken on my way back to work but could have done this without it anyway.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey TurboFalk,Is your car still performing OK after a few weeks.Mines in for its 3000k and a reflash Friday.
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 24/01/05 03:04 PM Posted 24/01/05 03:04 PM Mine has the latest re-flash. It's a manual. Hasn't actually stalled yet, but it really struggles to stay alive when I stop at almost every second set of lights. The revs float between, 400 and 1200rpm as it eventually settles to an idle of about 800rpm.It's far worse than before.It still flatspots and hesitates. It also has a significant air leak/suck? somewhere in and around the turbo. Only occurs btween about 3,500 - 4,500rpm. It won't get out of it's own way.Got to love ya Fords - NOT!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would say the leak has something to do with your idle problems, not the ECU update. I would check closely around all your pipework. Also check for throttle response, you could have a dodgy throttle servo or a manky throttlebody.
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 24/01/05 03:16 PM Posted 24/01/05 03:16 PM Well after this weekend of various different styles of driving I can safely conclude that I am very happy with the re-flash of my ECU. It had ironed out the problems I had with surging boost and other minor throttle related illness and, after going for a bit of a squirt around the windy bits and up a nice long straight hill she still pulls like a train. Power comes on smoothly and consistently throughout the revv range and (I think) it feels a bit stronger in the mid range. Top end seems to hold a lot easier too. I'm pretty happy with it
BADGERSXR6TUTE Member 209 Member For: 22y 6m 28d Location: llandaff, tasmania Posted 27/01/05 10:03 AM Posted 27/01/05 10:03 AM the offical service program to ford dealerships regarding overboost fix.
C.S.I Member 651 Member For: 21y 9m 25d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 27/01/05 11:53 AM Posted 27/01/05 11:53 AM the offical service program to ford dealerships regarding overboost fix.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does anyone know what B35.0 does. Increase boost etc??????Why would FORD not want the later firmware flashed in ??Alan
C.S.I Member 651 Member For: 21y 9m 25d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 28/01/05 05:51 AM Posted 28/01/05 05:51 AM Got mine re-flashed today as part of 3K service check.Cant seem to tell the difference after 50Km, although I had no problems before the flash either The comment from the Dealer was that the overboost issue appears to be an issue with about 20,000Km on the clock Alan
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 7m 2d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 28/01/05 06:08 AM Posted 28/01/05 06:08 AM The comment from the Dealer was that the overboost issue appears to be an issue with about 20,000Km on the clock Alan<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just goes to show how much the Dealers know
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now