Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: West Brisbane
Posted
In 2000 I paid 10k for it, traded it on the XR6T in December, 2002 for $3,300 and the mags to a mate for $1500. was a good car, and had almost 300,000klms on it.

That's a great run out of an EB dude.

Fav. ride: My `94 ED XR6

Had over 220,000k's on the clock and it needed way too much work. Man I Hmmm, wish I spent $6,000 to $8,000 or so getting it back up to scratch and never saw the 2002 Silhouette AU III VCT.

Why? Simple, there would be a Phantom "Turbo", not a Phantom "N/A" sitting in the driveway as we would have been able to afford it without too much drama, damn balloon payments and refinance.

  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EvoToy
  • Guests
Posted

Evolution baby... missing the Evolution 1 I used to have in NZ... still have a Mk2 Escort (1600xflow) race car.

See photos....

Evo 1/4 mile ETA of 13.5 standard boost... big bore etc would make a flat 12.

escort is just a money pit, never raced but onto its 3rd motor (3rd time lucky!)

post-4-1054083339.jpg

  • potty trained
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

1956 FORD PREFECT :thumbsup:

3speed on the firewall and you kept it in gear with your knee .... the carby was busted and held together by string and you made a new carby gasket with paper bags every few days ...

found her in someones front yard in Launceston .... after 4 months I returned her there .... B)

  • vrooom psshhht
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 12d
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

I have had 4 cars.

1973 Corolla coupe (4cyl, 2 speed auto, with air brushed graphics)

1989 EA S pack falcon (6cyl, 3speed auto)

1993 EDXR8 (V8, 6 speed manual) - still have it

1996 Toyota Hi lux (4cyl, 4 speed auto) - still have it

best of the lot would be the XR8. Absolute pleasure to drive. Bought it 5.5 years ago for $21k, and its currently valued at $26k.

I love the car so much that when I bought my current house, I wouldnt look at any houses unless they had a double garage.

Oh - and I will be househunting again soon... and next time I will be looking for a minimum 3 car garage (for some reason realtors dont understand why a single female wants to buy a house with a 4 car garage... or even better - a workshop)

Guest IMTRBO
  • Guests
Posted

WELL as many have done ie. (CJF077) my baby use to be a turbo charged mitsubishi mirage .... great little car and a load of fun TD04 GSR TURBO CHARGE custom made exhaust mainifold mtx8 ignition 3" exhaust etc etc etc well that is all in the past move on to new and better things. Here is a link to when it was in auto speed :(

http://www.autospeed.com.au/A_0752/cms/article.html

post-4-1054118085.jpg

  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 7m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

My first.. '74 XB panel van, bought it for $1200, spent wayyyyy to much on it, and I still have it!!

My second... 78 XC GXL Pursuit, dad actually bought this from the factory, and traded it on a EB, and I bought it back in mid 96. spent wayyyy to much on it as well, and I still have that too!!

My third.. XF ex taxi. I think it has over 2 million kays on it!!! I didnt pay anything for it and it is my daily runabout. Still got that too!!!

And then theres the BA turbo. I havent checked the carport lately, I hope ive still got it!!!

I would never sell any of them, they are too sentimental to me. They are all different in their own ways. :pinch:

  • Proud Team Blueprint member
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 15d
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Oh brother, where do you start.

24 cars plus 11 company cars, a truck, 2 buses and 17 motorbikes.

Favourite ones funnily enough

'73 LTD (Oz one not US),

'76 ZH Fairlane (travelled round WA with this one - caravan and all),

'71 Mk1 Escort,

'55 Hillman Minx (first car),

'84 ZK Fairlane (did heaps of work with that one and it didn't cost a zak in maintenance)

'71 Mini 1100 (have 2 project ones for the kids - one '64 genuine auto)

And of course the XR6T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead: :pinch:

Not bad in 30 years.

Why haven't I got any money??

  • Proud Team Blueprint member
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 15d
  • Location: Perth
Posted

I forgot another favourite - my '71 XY Panelvan.

My first V8, and obviously easier to do certain things in at 23 years of age than Mini's and Escorts.

Trust me!! :pinch:

Guest cul08r
  • Guests
Posted

Took my drivers test (1988) in a ZA Fairlane ex-ambulance, running a 351 ex Paul Goss Racing, FMX and 9". Did the qtr in 13 flat. That thing was a helluva ride. Kept chewing out diffs and spitting axles though due to a small banana bend in the housing.

Next was a Toyota Landcruiser FJ45 (shorty) canary yellow with a 308 conversion and running 33's. This thing did 160 flat out and got 250k's to a 65l tank. Sweet.

Then I went to Volvo's for a couple of years, including a dumped 242GT that my then mechanic blew up. Then a Vitara.

Then I got a EF Fairmont and dumped it 3", added a 3" exhaust, cold air and pod, and it went OK. While I had that, I bought a 3ltr TD Surf, lifted it 6" and fitted 33's. My wife still complains about driving it to work...

Then the rex came along. It now has 211,000k's on the clock so it's time to go. The XR6T should be here before too long anyways.

Hey ANDREW, have you told your wife about the XM yet?

Andrew

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 10d
  • Location: Perth
Posted

First car was a HG 350 Monaro (genuine with 42000 miles on it) I bought off an old guy (friend of my grandfathers) - sold it to buy a Ducati.

Then an xD ex pursuit - sold to buy an XE ex pursuit.

XB 351 Ute - sold to buy a Moto Guzzi.

Group A Walkinshaw Commodore - sold to buy a house.

xD ute very worked 351 stroker - sold when Avgas became to hard to get and store at home.

Landcruiser - sold when moved back to Perth from Kalgoorlie.

plus another 19 bikes and 6 company cars.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...