Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • What's happening?
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Steel City, NSW
Posted

I'm waiting for that shirty bugger from Canberra that wrote of his Blueprint to read this news. I can hear the Croatian swearwords starting already!

  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Toughest BA Turbo
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

You may need the tailshaft as well I.e bellhousing back to diff.

The M86 3.73 diff that I've been using will go straight in OK.

Brian

Brian, Wonder what happened to the Getrag :lol:

Had to say it ... Jason

Jason,

The rumour spread in February by APS in thread

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...wtopic=9209&hl=

was in fact a ..... rumour... quite obviously to undermine work being done by someone not associated with APS.

That was one thread that the mods should have removed, as it was something that could neither be confirmed nor denied, but the reason for the posting was quite transparent.

Let's move on.

The 3.73 diff is I believe a major improvement for manual drivers, and I guess it'll be .2 to .4 seconds quicker over a 1/4, assuming they use the 1st to 4th ratios that I've been using in my T56. On the otherhand, 0-100 will probably be slower, because you definitely need to change into 3rd earlier e.g for me at 87kph is the limit in 2nd with a 3.73 diff and 2.07 2nd ratio ..... but Ford may well change that ratio as 0-100 times are seen as important.... to keep it in 2nd for longer.

We'll see.... thanks Grant.

Brian

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 27d
  • Location: Kurrajong, Sydney
Posted
Man, this place is on FIRE today :w00t2::spit::spit:

Think I'm going to have to stay back at work to see where this thread goes :lol:

Grant

  • Toughest BA Turbo
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 22d
Posted
The rumour spread in February by APS in thread

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...wtopic=9209&hl=

was in fact a ..... rumour... quite obviously to undermine work being done by someone not associated with APS.

That was one thread that the mods should have removed, as it was something that could neither be confirmed nor denied, but the reason for the posting was quite transparent.

Let's move on.

The 3.73 diff is I believe a major improvement for manual drivers, and I guess it'll be .2 to .4 seconds quicker over a 1/4, assuming they use the 1st to 4th ratios that I've been using in my T56. On the otherhand, 0-100 will probably be slower, because you definitely need to change into 3rd earlier e.g for me at 87kph is the limit in 2nd with a 3.73 diff and 2.07 2nd ratio ..... but Ford may well change that ratio as 0-100 times are seen as important.... to keep it in 2nd for longer.

We'll see.

Brian

That's not quite right Brian as there was more than one gearbox under review and the decision as to which gearbox to run in production encompasses technical and commercial input. Regardless, the source of the information could not (and cannot) be revealed - as a matter of professional courtesy.

It will be very interesting though to see the gear ratios as this could make or break not only performance figures, but also the general usefulness of the gearbox in day to day driving.

Anyway the prospect of a factory supplied stronger gearbox is exciting news for those who are considering purchase of a new XR6T and I imagine for the XR6T tuning industry as a whole. With a bit of luck, the gearbox components might also be a bolt on to earlier models. Given the low cost of other major components for the XR6T, hopefully the gearbox could be obtained at a good price directly from Ford (though it may require a diff ratio change).

Exciting news! :w00t2:

George

APS Web Team ... and other stuff

  • The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 11m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney Australia
Posted

Oooh what is Blaze?

  • Toughest BA Turbo
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
The rumour spread in February by APS in thread

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...wtopic=9209&hl=

was in fact a ..... rumour... quite obviously to undermine work being done by someone not associated with APS.

That was one thread that the mods should have removed, as it was something that could neither be confirmed nor denied, but the reason for the posting was quite transparent.

Let's move on.

The 3.73 diff is I believe a major improvement for manual drivers, and I guess it'll be .2 to .4 seconds quicker over a 1/4, assuming they use the 1st to 4th ratios that I've been using in my T56. On the otherhand, 0-100 will probably be slower, because you definitely need to change into 3rd earlier e.g for me at 87kph is the limit in 2nd with a 3.73 diff and 2.07 2nd ratio ..... but Ford may well change that ratio as 0-100 times are seen as important.... to keep it in 2nd for longer.

We'll see.

Brian

That's not quite right Brian as there was more than one gearbox under review and the decision as to which gearbox to run in production encompasses technical and commercial input. Regardless, the source of the information could not (and cannot) be revealed - as a matter of professional courtesy.

It will be very interesting though to see the gear ratios as this could make or break not only performance figures, but also the general usefulness of the gearbox in day to day driving.

Anyway the prospect of a factory supplied stronger gearbox is exciting news for those who are considering purchase of a new XR6T and I imagine for the XR6T tuning industry as a whole. With a bit of luck, the gearbox components might also be a bolt on to earlier models. Given the low cost of other major components for the XR6T, hopefully the gearbox could be obtained at a good price directly from Ford (though it may require a diff ratio change).

Exciting news! :w00t2:

George

APS Web Team ... and other stuff

You didn't clarify the "That's not quite right" part of your reply.

Any rumour that is posted on a public forum that cannot be neither confirmed or denied for professional reasons is extremely devious.

I did say the ratios used by Ford may change.

Over the last 4 months I've tried 3 gearbox/diff combinations, and the last T56 6-speed with its ratios and 3.73 diff were by far the best I've used to date, with great off the line capability and more flexibility for overall driving. However, Ford may well have other ideas. I will soon try another T56 with different ratios and diff, which I expect to also work very well, courtesy of Mal Wood.

Brian

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 22d
Posted
You didn't clarify the "That's not quite right" part of your reply.

Sorry Brian, I thought it self explanatory. The erroneous comment was that below.

was in fact a ..... rumour... quite obviously to undermine work being done by someone not associated with APS.

We were just as excited as any XR6T enthusiast would be at the prospect of a smooth shifting and strong 6-speed, but none the less, a stronger box with an extra cog is a great step forward.

I agree wholeheartedly with you though Brian regarding substantiaing any comments made with proof and technical reason. It's tough having people attack at every turn....

George

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted
It's tough having people attack at every turn....

George

I still ain't saying sh*t. :kissmy:

Geea. :w00t2:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...