Alot Of Crap, Not Alot Of Progress

Guest Bathrone

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 2m 27d

I thought one of the reasons of going fly by wire was to cut down NVH levels. you no longer have a cable connected to the motor (noisiest part of the car) going through the firewall transmitting noise and vibrations into the cabin. :idea:

• Used to work at the Ford Proving Ground!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m
I thought one of the reasons of going fly by wire was to cut down NVH levels. you no longer have a cable connected to the motor (noisiest part of the car) going through the firewall transmitting noise and vibrations into the cabin. :idea:

it would probably help a little but its all rubber mounted and the like so probably lot much. There are probably many reasons that I have no knowledge of for the fly by wire change, this could be one of them by certainly not the main reason. very expensive to do just for that!

• 11 years later...
  • Member For: 10y 5m 7d

it would probably help a little but its all rubber mounted and the like so probably lot much. There are probably many reasons that I have no knowledge of for the fly by wire change, this could be one of them by certainly not the main reason. very expensive to do just for that!

Just a shot in the dark but wouldn't the DBW(FBW whatever) pedal be so the pcm has control over the throttle when it needs it for various operations? I might log desired throttle position and actual throttle position during gear shifts. Might be interesting. I know at idle there is a noticeable difference between desired and actual if you snap the throttle quickly. The actual value seems to stay higher for a little bit after the quick snap.

Edit: sh*t this thread is 2003... Thanks matty

Edited by barnz
  • Like 1

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 20d

^^^ winner

You must be bored Matt.

Edited by BenDoCo
  • Like 1