mercturbo Member 696 Member For: 23y 6m 20d Location: Geelong Posted 21/05/04 03:24 AM Posted 21/05/04 03:24 AM Including myself, I've had four people whove driven VY series SS'S and then MY XR6T each one prefered the xr6T within a few minutes/km of driving it. I would agree Fmoco quality is falling down when it should be improving. Expensive Daewoo may be better in this regard. MONDIE, Fmoco are burning you bad we all know, but It'll be a cold day in hell when any SS is in any way better than the current GT'S (APART FROM DRIVELINE SHUNT MAYBE) For you to suggest they are even in the same class is understandable but disappointing, my experience suggests completely the opposite, my GT HAS BEEN SUPERB, but hey that's Ford, look after you, burn your brother.Cheers Rob
TurboDewd FG Falcon fan! Member 1,452 Member For: 23y 3m 2d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 21/05/04 03:24 AM Author Posted 21/05/04 03:24 AM plonkyyes, the bird in my avatar was from the mag u mentioned - 1994 edition. She's "enhanced" however.6six6,surely its about equal to modify either engine to power them up. Plonk an APS chip in the T and the power is up to about 280kW (210atw), add their injectors and youve got 300kW (flywheel) from their Phase I package. Im sure the LS1 mods to get it up to 300kW are equally as easy since that's how much power they put out in the Z06 corvettes.
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 21/05/04 04:18 AM Posted 21/05/04 04:18 AM I'm a VY Expensive Daewoo driver so I'll give you my opinion.Ease of making it go fast = Holden I'd have to disagree with this. I doubt that it could be any easier or cheaper to get a Expensive Daewoo to go as fast as mine for a similar price. I have heard of one bloke that has spent similar for similar results but I believe that is the excetion rather than the rule.Geea.
Maxx Power Want E46 M3 Member 327 Member For: 23y 9m 7d Location: Adelaide Posted 21/05/04 08:34 AM Posted 21/05/04 08:34 AM My friend's dad has an SS manual sedan. When he first took it out for a burn before I had ever been in an XR6T I thought 'farrrrk this is pretty quick!' But after driving and now owning an XR6T the SS feels uninspiring. It only gets moving after 60km/h which is kind of pointless and it is hard to launch. And it still sounds like a BOSS running on 7 cylinders!I just love the turbo's kickdown. It is like prodding a sleeping lion with a stick. It pauses, wonders WTF just happened then gets angry! Very addictive and pretty handy for overtaking! Is there anything out there that is as good a an XR6T for overtaking at speed!?
Guest 6six6 Guests Posted 21/05/04 10:03 AM Posted 21/05/04 10:03 AM Fordlings, I come in peace!But I would like to comment. (putting my flame suit on)Worpor.see HERE This maybe about holdens but your own members say it all.MercturboI dont think that a few minutes/kilometers in any car qualifies a worthy opinion.As for putting an SS in the same class as a T, well what else have I got to compare it with? a Boss 290?Maxx Power/Geealooks like it time to SEEBTW did I mention I drive a VY Berlina?Anyway I think they are both great cars. if I didnt I would not waste my time coming here and learning more about them.I think that the XR6T is a much better car than the Ford V8 and much more of a challenge to an LS1. But when somebody cracks the ford engine management, I think a few LS1's will start to be shown the door. :lol:
Guest Scootre Guests Posted 23/05/04 05:16 AM Posted 23/05/04 05:16 AM I would have liked to test drive the SS before I bought my T. But honestly, I hate the shape and particularly the tail of the current Late model camira so much that I couldn't bring myself to bother.This isn't a Ford vs Expensive Daewoo thing. I just think they got the exterior totally wrong.
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 15d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 23/05/04 05:35 AM Posted 23/05/04 05:35 AM My dads boss has the VY series 1 SS. Dad said the car he was getting had to be auto for the city driving, so he was impressed by the sequential. He drove his bosses SS and said that with the auto the commodores a slug, didn't appear to have much power at all. Also the interior is very cheaply done in the VY. It is basically a VT with a different rear (pretty much copied off a magna, theres a step backwards right there), and a different dash. Even the door trims are the same as the VT and doesn't match the sleekness of the dash. If you option any of the brighter colours eg the green, the seats matched which was very tacky unless you optioned the $2000 leather. Also when dad drove his bosses, it was only 3 months old and already all the buttons, eg power windows had rubbed off, very poorly made. None of the colours of the SS were decent as well, and the V6 if he had opted for one is very noisy, rough and powerless. Anyhow, the BA is a good package, ours hasn't had a prob in 14,000km, except the handbrake noise. Looks great too, a real head turner. Very impressed with it. The firs BA I went in was an XT and I though it was very classy inside even comparing it to the LTD we had. Fantastically designed car. I cannot wait for the new Late model camira to come out, then the competition will really heat up
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m 7d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 23/05/04 06:25 AM Posted 23/05/04 06:25 AM IMO the gap between the Late model camira and Falcon isnt as large as some would have you believe.l have leaned towards Ford because l believed their engineering was superior but now l am not so sure. l hope they can start putting some of the profits they are now generating back into improving the quality of the cars being built and the backup service because l reckon the next Late model camira is going to be pretty impressive.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now