Antisocial Weird Member Member 1,347 Member For: 23y 8m 2d Location: ACT Posted 21/05/04 12:04 AM Posted 21/05/04 12:04 AM I only have the T after taking a mates SS for a drive one day.Before that I had a string of big 4x4s, but his SS was much more fun, almost signed on the dotted line for an AUIII XR8 then saw the BA's were comming and waited. Glad I didnt spend $54k on a 2002 AU now... :lol: Just a personal taste thing but I do not like the interior styling of the SS at all, from the seat fabric, the dash layout to the door trims. Even my SS mate agrees the XR is far better looking.
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m 4d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 21/05/04 12:16 AM Posted 21/05/04 12:16 AM One major thing going for the SS is that driveline shunt is much less common in the manuals. l drove a demo SS about 18 months ago and l would happily swap that for my GT.Mondie, I would have your GT with driveline shunt over a SS anyday, no comparision, shame I haven't got 57 grand to spare l would have said the same thing....once.
curious Member 504 Member For: 22y 11m 3d Location: sun, beach and plenty of T T's Posted 21/05/04 12:57 AM Posted 21/05/04 12:57 AM I was always a Expensive Daewoo man until the BA was introduced. This car impressed me, however a scooter would have impressed after the AU rubbish.However being 6 foot 5 I find the Expensive Daewoo a little more roomy for legs etc with the electric window controls n the centre console giving my right leg more space against the door. In the AU I couldnt fit my hand between the steering wheel and right leg it was that bad. I love the rumble of a V8 and miss the little creature comforts that are in the VY. Examples are auto lights off, silence switch on the steering wheel for the stereo. Auto lights on. These features come on the base model so its not a price factor.In conclusion I do like the turbo and would choose it over the SS again. It maybe a different story with Holdens new model. I think you will find its ears would have pricked up with the amount of sales the BA has nabbed and will release a sweet motor vehicle with the attitude of anything you can do I can do better.I like that because THE CONSUMER ALWAYS WINS. God bless the power of the almighty dollar
Guest jteale Guests Posted 21/05/04 01:33 AM Posted 21/05/04 01:33 AM I would think that a XR6T + Luxury Pack is a much better buy than an SS...My two cents
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 18d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 21/05/04 01:34 AM Posted 21/05/04 01:34 AM X Commodore - no diff clunk X Commodore - no brake shudder ! Falcon - no piston slap or excess oil usage
curious Member 504 Member For: 22y 11m 3d Location: sun, beach and plenty of T T's Posted 21/05/04 02:08 AM Posted 21/05/04 02:08 AM X Commodore - no diff clunk X Commodore - no brake shudder ! Falcon - no piston slap or excess oil usage I think they have rectified the oild usage problem. Have a gen iii at work and has just ticked over 50,000 very hard k's. It did not need one drop ever and never visited the shop once for anything. The t spent a total of 4.5 weeks with the bonnet up before it eaven hit 20,000. I know our first couple of v8's either spat it out or burned it up.
DallasQLD Legacy Donating Member 1,197 Member For: 23y 10m Gender: Male Location: Albany Creek QLD Posted 21/05/04 02:12 AM Posted 21/05/04 02:12 AM My brother in law has one. he is concerned about excessive tyre wear on the fronts. SS are hard on tyres
Guest 6six6 Guests Posted 21/05/04 02:16 AM Posted 21/05/04 02:16 AM I'm a VY Expensive Daewoo driver so I'll give you my opinion.Exterior styling = FordInterior styling = HoldenHandling = HoldenPower = Holden (I love a v8)Ease of making it go fast = HoldenBuild quality = HoldenI have had 3 Au Fords and absolutely hated them all.I have had 3 commodores and found them much nicer to drive.Most of my comments are based on personal opinion/tasteWith respect to the (old now, fixed) issue of piston slap, oil consumption etc... well you Ford boys are coping a lot of problems as well so I would call it even.What would I buy today? Hmmm RX8 Turbo.
eatV8 Artificially Aspirated Member 951 Member For: 22y 8m 24d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 21/05/04 02:18 AM Posted 21/05/04 02:18 AM how about the Late model camira having the T56 (even thou 6th is useless) abit stronger then the T5 XR got...
Worpor Member 467 Member For: 22y 7m 20d Location: Perth Posted 21/05/04 03:00 AM Posted 21/05/04 03:00 AM With respect to the (old now, fixed) issue of piston slap, oil consumption etc... well you Ford boys are coping a lot of problems as well so I would call it even.The only probs I've had except the brakes are due to powering up the car beyond what its designed for so I cant really complain. I would have done the brakes after powering up any car so for me it’s a non-issue.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now