geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 29/04/04 01:24 PM Posted 29/04/04 01:24 PM (edited) My last car was a 4.0lt Ford Fairmont. It was a great car and I enjoyed owning it. I have been a hoon since I was 17 on my "L's". In 22 years I havn't changed. In my last car I would always try to get the front row at the lights and beat what ever was next to me up to the limit (I have a full 12 points so I do it sensably). I didn't always win but I had fun and enjoyed it. Now to the present. Since December last year I have had very few interesting traffic light encounters. Pretty well since I had the Xede fitted not much comes close at the lights. Sometimes its possible that someone is dueling me and I'm that far in front I'm not aware. This may sound silly but I believe that this is affecting the enjoyment I get from driving my "T". The situation is even worse now since my last mods. I mean really how many 12second cars am I likely to encounter on my trips through the suburbs. Yesterday I pulled up next to a 260kw Clubsport. I was fully loaded with 4 adults and he was on his own so I think this could be fun. We look at each other and its definately on, cool. I load it up to 1500rpm, lights turn green,we leave the traffic for dead. Not long after I leave him for dead, by ******* I was well clear and it really wasn't that satisfying. Dont get me wrong I love my "T" I even drive the long way on some trips just to spend more time in the car. I do miss the uncertainess of wondering if I can beat the guy next to me.How do the other guys with modded "T's" feel? I think that anyone who has a chip or better in mods would be having similar experiences.I look forward to some thoughts from those in similar situations and any solutions you may have.Geea. ****** mate ... that can't be legal Edited 30/04/04 02:16 AM by BLKXRT
Miyagi fordxr5turbodotcom Member 892 Member For: 22y 11m 20d Gender: Male Location: Point Cook, Vic Posted 29/04/04 01:43 PM Posted 29/04/04 01:43 PM Awwww poor widdle Geea having a sweet ass, fast, pimpin, sleeper of a car ... hehehe honestly worry about world affairs more if that's all ya got bud :lol:
Guest Gilto Guests Posted 29/04/04 02:41 PM Posted 29/04/04 02:41 PM Go for a cruise and try to find some Ferrari Enzo's! :lol:
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 4d Location: Toowoomba Posted 29/04/04 05:01 PM Posted 29/04/04 05:01 PM do it at the strip then, you will find many a match there.
ducatijb Legacy Donating Member 3,448 Member For: 23y 5m 27d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 29/04/04 08:22 PM Posted 29/04/04 08:22 PM Geez Geea,I can't wait to have your problems
KrasH Bloody Orange Team (BOT) Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 23y 3m 8d Gender: Male Location: Canberra, Australia Posted 29/04/04 08:31 PM Posted 29/04/04 08:31 PM My last car was a 4.0lt Ford Fairmont. It was a great car and I enjoyed owning it. I have been a hoon since I was 17 on my "L's". In 22 years I havn't changed. In my last car I would always try to get the front row at the lights and beat what ever was next to me up to the limit (I have a full 12 points so I do it sensably). I didn't always win but I had fun and enjoyed it. Now to the present. Since December last year I have had very few interesting traffic light encounters. Pretty well since I had the Xede fitted not much comes close at the lights. Sometimes its possible that someone is dueling me and I'm that far in front I'm not aware. This may sound silly but I believe that this is affecting the enjoyment I get from driving my "T". The situation is even worse now since my last mods. I mean really how many 12second cars am I likely to encounter on my trips through the suburbs. Yesterday I pulled up next to a 260kw Clubsport. I was fully loaded with 4 adults and he was on his own so I think this could be fun. We look at each other and its definately on, cool. I load it up to 1500rpm, lights turn green,we leave the traffic for dead. Not long after I leave him for dead, by 100kmph I was well clear and it really wasn't that satisfying. Dont get me wrong I love my "T" I even drive the long way on some trips just to spend more time in the car. I do miss the uncertainess of wondering if I can beat the guy next to me.How do the other guys with modded "T's" feel? I think that anyone who has a chip or better in mods would be having similar experiences.I look forward to some thoughts from those in similar situations and any solutions you may have.Geea. Simple solution. Drag off a police car.
Guest Guests Posted 29/04/04 09:07 PM Posted 29/04/04 09:07 PM If you get up to 100klmn at the light drags ,you need help brudda,Ill have to get plonky on to ya.that's just crazy stuff!!!!vik
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 12d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 29/04/04 09:18 PM Posted 29/04/04 09:18 PM My last car was a 4.0lt Ford Fairmont. It was a great car and I enjoyed owning it. I have been a hoon since I was 17 on my "L's". In 22 years I havn't changed. In my last car I would always try to get the front row at the lights and beat what ever was next to me up to the limit (I have a full 12 points so I do it sensably). I didn't always win but I had fun and enjoyed it. Now to the present. Since December last year I have had very few interesting traffic light encounters. Pretty well since I had the Xede fitted not much comes close at the lights. Sometimes its possible that someone is dueling me and I'm that far in front I'm not aware. This may sound silly but I believe that this is affecting the enjoyment I get from driving my "T". The situation is even worse now since my last mods. I mean really how many 12second cars am I likely to encounter on my trips through the suburbs. Yesterday I pulled up next to a 260kw Clubsport. I was fully loaded with 4 adults and he was on his own so I think this could be fun. We look at each other and its definately on, cool. I load it up to 1500rpm, lights turn green,we leave the traffic for dead. Not long after I leave him for dead, by 100kmph I was well clear and it really wasn't that satisfying. Dont get me wrong I love my "T" I even drive the long way on some trips just to spend more time in the car. I do miss the uncertainess of wondering if I can beat the guy next to me.How do the other guys with modded "T's" feel? I think that anyone who has a chip or better in mods would be having similar experiences.I look forward to some thoughts from those in similar situations and any solutions you may have.Geea. Simple solution. Drag off a police car. Tried that once , not good at least I won the race, long time ago young and stupid and yes they were unmarked
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 30/04/04 01:27 AM Posted 30/04/04 01:27 AM How do the other guys with modded "T's" feel? I think that anyone who has a chip or better in mods would be having similar experiences. Yes, it's a problem. Try late at night, usually when quicker cars are heard roaming the galaxy. Cooler air less traffic, but your drag strip duties will be helping ease the pain, to some degree. I'm soon to follow you with springs & injectors & can't wait but know that I'll just get further in front of the "Kids in Commodores"Scotty CCC
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 30/04/04 01:34 AM Posted 30/04/04 01:34 AM Take all your mods off then!That will bring you back closer to the field. :lol:
Recommended Posts