Jump to content

antigravity

Member
  • Posts

    332
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by antigravity

  1. Hey everyone, Normally, when you make a mod to a car you get an immediate KW increase. With the XR6t's, it seems that the only decent kw gains are picked up after a tune.... I've got a pod filter, in the airbox with the second F6 intake. I've also installed an updated intercooler last night. No tune. I took the car for a spin today, through some windys through the Sunshine Coast hinterlands, and the car definitely sounded like it was sucking harder through the airbox, and dumping more boost through the BOV than it did before the intercooler change. Felt more of a kick in the arse when giving it a bit too. What I want to know is, would I get a KW increase from the above mods without a tune? Or am I imagining it all? lol
  2. Well I got the bugger installed.... Just worried that I installed it a bit too low, but should be fine... Thanks for the help guys!
  3. I'm 25 and have owned the following, in order 1989 Ford EA Fairmont (My baby... went rallying with it the last day before I sold it... still held together!) 1991 Nissan 300zx N/A 1999 Expensive Daewoo VTII Berlina 2001 Mazda MX5 1.8l (best car I've owned so far... impractical as hell though) 2003 Ford BA XR6t
  4. Ahh yeah, I can see... Yeah that wouldn't apply in my situation because its a bolt on cooler. Its got two threads on each side of it to attach brackets, which in turn attach to the front bumper support. I just can't get the b@stard close enough to it to bolt it on. Basically, the threads on the side of the intercooler (bottom ones), should they line up height wise with the bottom bolts on the bumper support? Very hard to explain in writing!
  5. Well I had to remove the horns just so I could get the cooler close enough to the metal... Even then, I can't get it close enough to bolt up.
  6. Whats the 'rad support'? And when you say bottom underneath the radiator, do you mean you bolted the intercooler to the radiator side? I thought the I/C bolted onto the bumper bar support thing. I'll take a photo tonight, im just at work at the moment... thinking about my poor car in pieces at home! The dimensions of the I/c are: 450x300x76. Its a 'bolt on' intercooler. Fits standard piping.
  7. Hey everyone I bought an intercooler off ebay but it didn't come with any instructions! I have a BA Mk1 so I'm hoping I don't need to drill any holes. But I'm not sure which brackets go where. It came with 4 brackets, 2 twisty ones, and 2 L shape ones. I'm guessing the twisty ones go on the bottom of the intercooler and bumper brace (the thing that has the plastic bump guard for the front bumper) and the L shape ones go on the top? I know its hard to explain. Also, with the twisty ones, do they go STRAIGHT across, horizontally from the I/C to the brace? or do the sit vertically? or bit of both? I have no idea. Any help would be appreciated.... Wanna get it installed so I can drive the bl00dy thing. Right now the bumper is off and I want to put it all togethe Cheers.
  8. I've blocked off the back bit, so the BOV is only connected to the other crossover connection (near the throttle body). The BOV is currently sitting between the inlet manifold and the air box.. if that makes sense... I wouldn't think the length of the hose is reducing the amount of boost being released... the hose isn't collapsing or anything. Maybe its just because the BOV is further away from the driver than it used to be??
  9. Getting these fitted on thursday: 19", $1800 fitted etc. Inserts can be changed to look like this: Also getting my King springs fitted at the same time. Super low fronts and super super low rears. Can't wait... Will post some photo's when they're in.
  10. Yeah will eventually get a better one, but for now it'll do as a stock replacement. Was $50 down from $150 so couldn't resist.
  11. Count me in too, here in Gympie.
  12. Sorry I have to put this in... Love Mr Sparkle. What a brave corporate logo http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb67/Ru...eCommercial.flv
  13. Well I kinda have considering I've gone the Monza route! But it was $50 at supercheap, and its gotta be better than the stock one.
  14. Mr Sparkle, I don't have the BOV coming out of the airbox hose! The BOV is still connected to the crossover, but I've just put a longer hose on it, because it wouldn't fit behind the crossover... if that makes sense...
  15. Hey guys... Replaced the stock BOV with a monza dual type BOV, because I noticed the stocky was releasing boost while under throttle. I'm running stock piping, however I've moved the blowoff valve out from behind the crossover, and its sitting near the airbox. Anyway... I'm not getting much noise from the BOV at all. I can hear a very faint flutter when I'm giving it a bit, but otherwise not hearing much at all. Is this because I'm only running stock boost? The instructions on the BOV say its suited for 10psi or more... Any thoughts?
  16. Ahhh sweet... I'd have no idea if it weren't for this forum. Thanks heaps
  17. Hey guys... I'm wanting to move the blow off valve out from behind the crossover... Obviously to do that, I need longer hoses. What size are the stock hoses going to and from the blow off valve? I'm guessing all vacuum hoses are the same size, so that will be fine, but just need to know what size the other hoses are. Cheers
  18. Yeah that's expensive. I bought a set of brand new king springs off ebay for $280 incl. postage. $100 to fit. And as for 10mm lower... what a load of crap! SSL will probably see your T lower by about 50mm
  19. I'll be down too, why not! Never been on a dyno before, and I wanna know if my BA is one of the sh*tty ones.
  20. Sorry, what I meant was, can I use the input wires to the stock amp for a new amp. Rather than butchering up any wires or the ICC.
  21. You can get a set of new king springs, any height, for $235 + delivery off ebay. Not bad for a set of 4. Ebay link
  22. ] Hey mate... what rims you got on there??
  23. You're right... most of the rims I've pointed out are 19's. Don't really wanna go 20's unless a good deal comes along.
  24. No worries will do... Instead of molesting the rear speaker wires for the amp input, can I use the wires from the stock amp?
  25. These are the only falcon size wheels I like on tempetyres: and but those last ones aren't really black... love these, but I'm guessing they're expensive:
×
×
  • Create New...