Jump to content

antigravity

Member
  • Posts

    332
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by antigravity

  1. I've replaced both of those recently... Didn't notice any real difference in performance...
  2. Damn... do I feel retarded... Thanks for the links Envy. Any advice on the spluttering?
  3. I'll search for this thread. Had a look for it but couldn't find it. Will look again. Cheers
  4. After reading all the horror stories in this forum I'm scared sh*tless that my turbo is about to blow! Firstly, how can I clean this oil tube? And where is this turbo oil filter to change? Until recently, I hadn't serviced my car for over a year (do them myself) and I've never changed this filter!!! Secondly, my turbo makes a very slight whirring for a few seconds after the ignition is turned off. Is this normal? It doesn't screech or anything like that, but with the bonnet open you can hear the turbo turning until it stops. And thirdly, and this is the most annoying thing, under heavy acceleration, particularly at high revs, I can hear a spluttering sound. Sort of like if you blew into water running from a tap and moved your head from side to side. (stupid I know, but that's the best way I can describe it!) I don't think my valve springs are gone, because after hitting it and backing off, my car doesn't idle roughly. But I did use Forester spark plugs when I did my last service. The size, gap and thread was the same as the standard 1.1 XR6t plugs... Could it be those? Any help would be great... Wanna make sure I'm doing whatever I can to make my T last as long as possible after neglecting it for a little bit.
  5. So you've got an aftermarket exhaust with the heatshields still on? Would have thought they would have been ditched when you changed the zorst over...
  6. Cheers guys... So if its coil, is it possible that they only fault under load? Is it worth while running some lifter cleaner through it?
  7. Hey guys, I've recently completed a service on my T, which hadn't had one for quite a while due to us having a baby and other priorities... Anyway, I put in some semi-synthetic Penrite 10w-50 oil (info), and have noticed since that there is some lifter/tappet (dunno what the T has) noise... sometimes when its warm, sometimes when its cold. Sometimes there's no noise at all... What could this be? Should I try a different oil? Also, I've noticed that under heavy throttle, I can hear a 'spluttering' noise coming from the engine. Hard to describe... I changed the plugs too, used plugs for the Subaru Forester, which were the same plug size and gapped at 1.1 (stock turbo here). The car seems to run fine, its just the engine doesn't sound too healthy sometimes... It hardly goes through any oil and when I changed the oil last there were no signs that any engine damage has occured... Any help would be great Cheers
  8. Completely agree, if I wasn't a car enthuasist, I wouldn't have any idea there was a new falcon on the market. I don't think I've even seen a new falcon ad on tv.
  9. Well I'll put this on here for anyone else that has this problem in the future. Spoke to a recommended mechanic here, and apparently this is quite common on the EL onwards... He said that when he changes fuel filters on fords, he doesn't even bother replacing it with the standard filters, he just cuts the lines, clamps on new ones and replaces the filter with a Expensive Daewoo one. Apparently its much easier and works just as good. He's doing it tomorrow for me for $80. He said either that, or pay $400 for the installation of all new lines...
  10. Yup.... but I'm after some different info now, so decided to start a new thread... Anyone disconnected a fuel line before? Is it hard?
  11. Hey everyone, The fuel line between the tank/pump and my filter is fused at the filter end, and can't get the bloody thing off, yet for some reason, it still leaks... So the only way around it that I can think of is to replace the line between the tank/pump and the filter... Is it an easy job to remove the line from the tank end and replace it with a new line? I have never done this before, so any advice would be great. Cheers
  12. Yeah gettin some vice grip pliers from a mate to try and rip the filter off and then try put the old one on that fit for sure.
  13. Good to know I can get it from somewhere other than Fraud. I've glued it on for now, seems to have done the job. Will get the metal version next time I have to take the rocker cover off. Cheers guys.
  14. Yeah of course I'm trying to turn the nuts and not the filter. Now I'm stuffed anyway... Rounded one of the nuts and can't get the filter off one of the lines. I've done a full service this weekend, and the fuel filter has been the hardest thing I've done. Little bastard.
  15. Yeah it's weird... I undid the connected side, then the side I was having problems with screwed in fine. But now I can't screw in the rear side now. It's like the Filter won't let me screw in both side... Only one each. Driving me nuts. Might try the old filter again, see how that works.
  16. Not having much luck I must say! Replaced the fuel filter, took the old one off with all my strength, but now can't put the new one on. THe fuel line bolt closest to the engine is threaded and won't tighten one bit. What should I do?!
  17. Cheers, I managed to glue it back up for now.
  18. I've done a bit of research, and its not the breather hose, its this hose: The hose itself is fine, its just the grey little plastic thing that hose grabs onto that's broken.
  19. The broken part is the plastic bit the hose goes over on the rocker cover. Is that easy to replace?
  20. Thanks mate So it won't cause any damage to the engine or anything if I drive it in short bursts? Like I said, the hose will stay on, but comes off occassionally and I hear a hissing sound when I open the bonnet until I put it back on... Only when I put it back on does it stall.
  21. Hey everyone, I was doing a service today, changed the spark plugs and accidentally cracked the plastic thing that the vacuum tube goes on at the back left of the rocker cover... It still goes on, but comes off after a little bit of driving. When I got home after a quick test drive, it was off, but car was running fine. Put the tube back on, and the car stalled, because of the change in vacuum pressure I assume... Started up fine again once it was on, but can I drive around with it off OR on until I get a replacement? What does this tube do? Cheers
  22. Yeah checked all the hoses recently. Will check again, but pretty sure they're all ok. No noises... Just no power.
  23. Hey guys... For some reason my T has got a terrible flat spot after 4000rpm, where I lose all power, and its really annoying. If I floor it (auto) it just dies after 4000rpm, and then shunts into the next gear and I get heaps of power again... Is this a sign of anything in particular? How do I fix this?
  24. Its all good guys.... I stupidly put the dirt guard on backwards. Ripped it off, and it was all good. Calipers and pads are working perfectly. Thanks for the help anyway guys.
  25. I used Bendix ceramic. But I know its not the pads... because one side is fine, the other side feels like the Caliper isn't retracting fully after being applied
×
×
  • Create New...