Jump to content

plonky

Member
  • Posts

    1,766
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by plonky

  1. Effin brilliant !!!!!!!!!!
  2. It is certainly a case of trying to pin things on Ruddock/Vanstone. DIMIA, like an organisation is staffed by humans and humans make mistakes. I guess at least the mistakes have been uncovered, albeit a bit late. On the positive side it shows that DIMIA are deporting people, even if they got it wrong .0001 % of the time.
  3. It is extremely unrealistic to apply Western democratic principles and a adversarial legal system to a case that occurred in a vastly different political structure and an inquisitorial legal system. If she was arrested in Australia, she probably wouldn't even have been charged. However, she wasn't! She was arrested in Indonesia and as such, whether Australians like it or not, she is in the Indonesian 'system' and she takes her chances. I may be cynical, but the whole Channel 9 expose' is purely designed to sell as much advertising space as they can so that the programme is successful. It's just another top rating story. It wouldn't even have made the news if it was a 40 year old fat bloke from Mt Druitt with two teeth missing who had a bag of hooch in his boogie board bag. We have only been privy to evidence at the hearing that has been broadcast on the news. I don't think that Schapelle (what sort of name is that...probably one of those hippy names that her drug dealing family came up with) has been sitting looking at the three judges for the past couple of weeks without any witness testimony being heard. I think she's as guilty as sin anyway....cannabis grown in Australia with the hydroponic chemicals used is a significantly higher THC content than SE Asian hooch and as such she would be able to pay her way from beach to beach.....or her brother could have if he owned up to it.
  4. That's funny Reminds me ears ago when I was interviewing a bloke about an allegation that he sexually assaulted his nephew. When I asked him if he had previously had any homosexual intercourse he replied "No" I said " What about whilst you were in gaol" He said " Nah, that's just gaol sex....it doesn't count" Enjoy HARD labour inside Mr. Ritchie
  5. Probably couldn't drive a finger up his own bum.....The XR8 is much more than a match for an XR6T for HWP work, especially when it comes to point and squirt - stop/go acceleration!
  6. Aahh the HEMI Chrysler's contribution to horsepower that rolls the eyeballs back in the sockets and the basis for nearly every Top Fuel engine ever made (the design of the engine - HEMI heads etc etc) Keith Black was an employee of Chrysler until he branched out on his own to fame and fortune !
  7. plonky

    "the Logies"

    Ah es, the Australian 'entertainment industry' getting together to slap each other on the back and tell each how other how good they are, how much the contribute to the world and then get together for a cocaine/ecstacy/booze party and try to bonk as many people of the same/opposite sex that they can! Actors = incredibly shallow people that are praised by pretending to be someone else!
  8. plonky

    Hobby..

    This is my hobby 1992 Gibson Les Paul Black Beauty 1957 Custom Historic Shop reissue Bought it new Solid mahogony Ebony fretboard Grover tuners '57 Classic Handwound pickups Now it is played through my Line 6 Duoverb Stereo Rationalised all my gear down to the LP and the Line6 Sold off my Korina Gibson Flying V, Gibson SG standard in cherry, Ovation Breadwinner, Gibson LS5 cherry sunburst, pink paisley Tele and numeorus amps inlcuding Marshall Superlead, Marshall JCM800, Music Man HD130, Fender Champ When I can afford it I want a Gretsch semi such as a Chet Atkins, Country Gentleman or a Brian Setzer reissue
  9. Just saw the segment on Current Affair. As much as I don't like CA, I do know Simon Bouda very well (he was the reporter) from when I was at the Armed Holdup Squad. It was certainly not a beat up, the way those tools behaved was indicative of their general behaviour....threatening the Police in numbers etc. I'm actually surprised at how restrained the two Police were, I certainly would not (and have not) copped that sort of language, but then again I was subject to numerous complaints of 'rudeness' and had 'poor customer service skills' Fer Chrissakes, they are offenders, NOT customers! One of the reasons I am no longer at the Highway Patrol....I spent too much time targeting hoodlum drivers, illegally modified cars, druggies and bust merchants who use cars to conduct their illegal business and as such was snowed under with a complaint system designed to remove proactive Police from doing any real work. Now if I had just stuck to giving Under 15's to normally law abiding motorists I would still be there..............
  10. Unfortunately I missed the segment, however I have first hand experience with these tools. They are pathetic and rely upon intimidation in large groups. They are king hit specialists and even though I'm certainly not intimidated by them I am wary. They always pull out the 'race card' when stopped by the Police...infer that the are being harrassed and the like, obviously nothing to do with the way they drive their "Performance Sticker and Bodykit" cars and listening to 'disco' at mega levels. They are only brave in large groups.....and their machismo will come back to bite them. You don't deliver an open challenge to the 'Big Blue Gang' and not expect it to be taken up !!
  11. I do believe in the death penalty...I also understand and resepct the fact that the majority of Australian citizens don;t believe in the death penalty and as such we don;t have one here in Australia. Indonesia however, does have a death penalty and it is obvious that now they have democratic elections, the Indonesian community also believes in the death penalty. To have Western 'liberal's attack the Indonesian Govt for having a death penalty is tantamount to discrimination, racism and elitism.....everything that these 'socialist liberals' are against. You cannot say one one hand "Everyone must be tolerant of other cultures and traditions" and on the other hand say " execution for some serious crimes is barbaric and savage and cannot be tolerated" even though the foreign country who is engaged in this practice is doing something that they believe in. The offences occurred in Indonesia, these cretins could not have not known that it is illegal to smuggle heroin, the method of concealment and quantity goes to show how much criminal intent was required to bring the drug into this country, and signs are rampant in Indonesia about the penalty of death if caught. They get what they deserve and the'ringleader' should go first!!
  12. Whether the people involve are executed for their crime is irrelevant. The fact is that the were caught with a quantity of heroin deemed to constitute a supply in a country that executes drug traffickers. The law that is relevant to the country that the crime was committed in remains that. Anyone who says otherwise is overruling the sovereignty of that country by demanding that those persons be allowed to enter our country to be dealt with by our legal system. Terry O'Gormon and all the other civil liberty Communist sof cocks can sook and complain as much as they want. A number of Australian citizens went to a foreign country where they deliberately committed and offence. This offence was attempting to smuggle a large amount of heroin out of that country. If Australian citizens knew that they could go to another country. commit an offence contrary to the laws of that foreign country and then expect to be allowed to return to their home country and face prosection and sentencing here, the Dept of Foreign Affairs would be overrun by pleas for assistance by any number of drug runner/fraudster/thief/murderers and Australia would be neglecting any domestic and international responsibility to itself and its international friends. If it means that the drug traffickers are executed according to Indonesian law, then so be it! Each individual knew the risk and the responsibility is theirs. It is not up to Australian law enforcement to allow Australian Nationals who commit offences on foreign soil, to assist in those offenders return to Australia to be dealt with by our law for offences that occurred on foreign soil as you would be aiding an abetting that person to commit an offence by returning to Australia with a large heroin cache. I thought that everybody knew that the deadliest spider in South East Asia is the "TRAPDOOR"
  13. I will take a punt and say that your car was mistaken for the same one that was used as a getaway vehicle in an armed robbery. Either that or the tiny Policewoman with the yellow flouro cap thought that if she pointed her pistol at you, you might stop laughing at how ridiculous she looks dressed up with her little belt carrying all of the equipment that real Policemen have no trouble carrying.
  14. Country cops are usually worse for speeding as they are pretty bored. I used to live in Orange (NSW) and they would book you if you were 6k's over the limit.. Although to be fair, there are some decent cops out in the country.. (plenty of stories to tell about that) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Used to live in Orange? They HWP would book you for 6k's over the limit? I was at the Orange HWP, left in April 2004....if you have been booked by one of the Orange HWP it could have been me (always stayed in the CBD, always drove an XR8, had a massive bike accident in 2002, always booked the P Plate knobs and the Performance Sticker and Bodykit crowd in the CBD and was hated by just about all of the hoodlums and druggies in town.) 6's over the limit though is a real stretch of the truth.....the mimimum is 10% of the posted limit +2-3 for a mobile radar. You would have to be a hoodlum, boy racer of recidivist traffic offender to get knocked off right at the limit. A good HWP officer is a very well informed one
  15. Pathetic.... I am almost speechless......... Where was the show at? Homebush? Bankstown? Just pathetic!
  16. I heard that Michael Jackson used to spend his spare time blowing Bubbles..... Bubbles is the name of his pet monkey
  17. Lumpy The EL84's and the 12AX7's are typical of the pre-amp stage of a British stle of amp whereas the Fender style uses 6L6's. (Correct me if I'm wrong guys I'm going off memory here from pulling apart my Marshalls, HiWatt and Laney's) I have a mint Maton 2 x 12 Greenback combo made in the '50's or early '60's and it runs a British style of pre-amp and power amp circuit, though it is not a Class A ( I think that's where the full voltage goes to the power amp stage thus giving it a distinctive tone) The valves themselves can be valuable especially as a lot of people rely upon buying Russian made valves because American/British ones are hard to find. Hope this helps but I'm sure there are some guys that have a more in depth info about the stuff that you have got there. Cheers Grant
  18. Did you know that Vanilla 'Ice Ice Baby' Ice's real name is wait for it it's a doozy I can see now why he changed his name Robert Van Winkle. I bet he gets the 'Rip Van Winkle' joke about his songs all the time...
  19. Thank God !! I now realise that those important things I learnt playing Rugby (cab-sav for beef, Half Windsor knots with a lounge suit and I know parents who are Drs, Lawyers, Graziers etc) helped my when packing down as a second row. Seriously, I played for over 25 yrs, both at school and after when I was working. I think that is a myth perpetuated by the fact that Rugby is the traditional game played at GPS schools. I also rowed whilst at school as well and there are Govt schools that also row (Nepean High for example) The make-up of players is considerably varied. When I played for the Parramatta Two Blues there were guys from all walks of life. When I was playing for Orange City alot of the guys were unemployed or had blue collar jobs. Made no difference to any of us. Even out West it was quite noticeable that all of the hooldums, druggies and layabouts played League becaus they were attracted to the 'outlaw' image that some of the crankers in the Sydney teams would portray. League may be 'Professional' but the behaviour of the players and Clubs is very Amateur. It is purely the behaviour of the players and the arrogance of the Clubs as wel as the whole Super League fiasco that has turned me off the game completely. Guys such as Stirling, Mortimer, Brentnall, Pearce, Price etc may not make it in todays game but at least they represented an era when the game was something to look forward to and respect. Mundine belongs back in the modern game because he epitomises the attitude of a lot of the players and Clubs.
  20. Anything you say and do will be taken down and remembered... :lol: Aviators rule! I have a pair of red reflector lense ones. They awesome Lumpy <{POST_SNAPBACK}> C'mon Lumpy....surely you remember Dave Vanian, Rat Scabies and Captain Sensible from the Damned. Dave Vanian was a pioneer in Punk-Goth fashion....very very cool man!!
  21. Behave!! Iron Man is the only man who can kick the Hasselpoof !! Tony Stark - billionaire weapons maker who has the alter ego of Iron Man. He kicks mega butt !!
  22. Because you dont like the game there F*wits! good on ya :o <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I actually quite like the game. I just think the NRL has a higher proportion of F*wits than any other sector of society. Despite the constant media focus there are always some players or an entire team doing something stupid that brings the entire game into disrepute. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I think a lot of us were League followers of sorts BEFORE the whole Super League debacle came around. The thing with League now is you have a bunch of uneducated F**wits who get paid lots of money to believe in their own hype. Matt Rogers himself said that there is no way he can behave within Rugby circles as he could within League because the Rugby players are a lot more disciplined, are generally much better educated or working other jobs and their behaviour is a lot more self regulated. League back in the old days had some fantastic players who also had second jobs as garbo's, carpenters, brickies etc. Their work was also their fitness. Getting out on the turps meant you were going to be crook at work/miss work etc and therfore miss income. Mundine is obviously an athlete. Rogers is also an athlete, and therefore people such as those blokes have the fitness/stamina/hand-eye coordination to excel in all sorts of different sports/codes. Crankers such as Mundine/Willy 'ADHD' Mason/Hopoate etc are ideally suited to League. In my mind there is no doubt that the game has been absolutely destroyed, it will struggle to maintain an existence without Channel 9 and it is the province of uneducated, undisciplined troglodytes and apart from the players, the management of the Code and the individual clubs are just as responsible for the games bad image. Really, why should Hopoate have EVER been given another chance to play league after his "Crouching Tiger Hidden Finger" episode. Mundine would fit right back in with League!
  23. This stuff is spooky..... it takes me back to when I was in my band with the whole 'Dave Vanian' lookalike clothes.....even had the black morning suit coat with skin tight black Levi's, cuban heeled pointy toe Windsor Smith boots with only one bootstrap (you could never wear two), frilly shirt and cuffs, long blue black hair, black eyeliner, red lipstick (hey enough already.....men always wore makeup in the '80's) and the guitar strap for my Les Paul was handmade by me with studded bats and skulls on it. I still remember watching Miami Vice and seeing Tubbs and Crocket with those poncey pastel linen jackets, fascinated by Thomas Magnum and also Vietnam war buddies, glued to Blakes 7 and wetting myself watching The Young Ones and The Goodies! How about 99 Luft Baloons...that chick was hot and so was that Martika chick...I think the song was Toy Soldiers or something. Who could forget that absolute goddess Sam Brown with 'Stop' or the girls from Banana Rammer (I mean Bananarama) with Venus. And that spunky Siobhan from Banana Rammer doing that really cool song with Shakespears Sister..... AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH I wish I was back in the '80's......what a fun time. No pretend hip hop wankers from Bankstown, tracksuits were for The Beastie Boys, cool kids wore Adidas Romes, really cool kids wore Docs and pointy toe Western boots and who could ever forget RayBan Wayfarers and Oakley Frogskins. I was a Rayban Aviator man myself (still have them, still wear them) Even the porn stars from the '80's were cool John Holmes, Ron Jeremy, Tom Byron, Ginger Lynne, Christy Canyon, Amber Lynne just to name a few........ How about HWP and XE Falcons.....the fastest cars the Police had until the Gen3 Commodores came along. Polair was actually up in the air at night with the Night Sun during pursuits Page 3 girls in the Daily Mirror I could go on......
  24. Some good calls there WhiteTee Am a huge Sisters of Mercy fan (heaps of CD's and albums...ou know those big vinyl circular things the kids these days see at museums) Also have plenty of Damned, Buzzcocks, Joy Division, Sunnyboys, Radio Birdman, Lime Spiders, THE JOHNNYS, Remember "Cars" and "Are Friends Electric" (song about vibrators apparently) by Gary Numan and the Tubeway Army
  25. To avoid confusion: Police are required to wear the 'yellow target' vest when performing STATIONARY duty such as stationary RBT, directing traffic at an intersection etc We are not and do not wear the 'yellow target' vest when we are MOBILE such as patrolling in the car and stop a vehicle to issue a TIN. We are still covered for Workers Comp if we are not wearing the "big flouro target vest with the red circles on the front so even the most useless drug affected moron cannot miss" It comes down to commonsense and most Labor (Socialist) Govts like to legislate against normal human behaviour and take the mantle of personal responsibility away from the individual and place it onto the Govt. Is it common sense to wear a safety harness on the roof of a building? Of course it is. Is it common sense to make sure that power leads are not lying in pools of water? Of course it is. Is it common sense to be highly visible at a large RBT site? Of course it is. The more something is legislated against, the narrower the scope of commonse is applied.
×
×
  • Create New...