stev3n
Member-
Posts
41 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by stev3n
-
If the libs put a better candidate forward they would have won the election? Agree? Before all you disciples of Tony Abbot attempt to jump down my throat, I voted independant as I dont trust either major party.
-
Great looking car mate, sure you will enjoy it.
-
When you are at work concerntrate on work. Never take your work home. I've seen many bosses who can't leave work,that's all they know, even when they are at home. Yeah they make some good dollars at the expense of their family life, health and well-being. Just listen, you will work out who to listen to within the first 5 minutes of a conversation, don't be a smart arse, and never hold a grudge. Don't worry, keep off the prescriptin pills unless you want to become dependant on them. I'm sure you'll be fine, it's normal to be a little nervous before starting a new job. I've also found having something both healthy and exciting packed for lunch makes for a better day. good luck mate
-
Hey I'm the first one to admit that I'm not a scientist/mathematician/meteorologist, but I'd like to think that I,m a realist. Now if you burn X million tonnes of coal/woodchips/gas, most of which is used to heat water or heat materials for industry, on top of, X million barrels of oil every day, in an enclosed area (our atmosphere), is there going to be any effect? If you light a small combustion fire inside your house does the temperature increase? Or does it remain constant? Remember, many years ago, people used to think the sun revolved around our flat planet! Wait I think I have stumbled across the answer, turn on your air conditioner, set it to 18 C and leave the doors open. That should help, problem solved.
-
All this bitchin is too little too late. It wont change anything. I thought it funny when I was looking after my girlfriends dog outside the polling booth and he took a leak on abbot's photo. They reckon dogs are a good judge of character.
-
IMO the result is going to be much closer than the results of this poll.
-
Hmmm I wonder if the libs front man will even win his own seat at this election? Please remind me why Howard lost not only the last election, but even his seat? I'm a tradesman and I know when work was hard to come by around two years ago the money spent by the current government creating jobs kept me employed. I'm the first to admit that the money may have been spent more wisely but the flow on effect of having me employed can't be underestimated. For starters I'm not getting paid umemployment benefits. I drive to and from work, paying fuel tax. I'm using my car which wears things out, keeping the local tyre shop and mechanic busy.I have to keep my car registered and insured, most of which is spent on tax. When I get to work I'm installing equipment, purchased locally, keeping the local supplier busy. I go to the local bottle shop on the way home, grab a few drinks and a pack of ciggarettes, remind me of how heavily they are taxed? I decide that I'm going to go out for dinner once a week, keeping the local restaurant busy who has many staff and paying more tax. On the weekend I go to the hardware store, buy stuff to renovate my house and maybe a few things for the garden. You can see that all of these things I do when I'm employed keep others employed and others paying tax, I wouldn't be doing any of these things if I was on the dole. There would be many others in my situation. If you want to have a winge about the stimulus package rip-offs direct your anger at the greedy small business people who took the government for a ride at our expense. I agree that the handouts should have been more tightly controlled. I've already voted Labor via post as I'll be working on a government funded project on Saturday and wont be able to get to a polling booth. Fire away.
-
It's colder than a mother in law's kiss
-
Maaaate don't think for a moment that you have let anyone down. You my friend are an inspiration, many would have quit trying by now. Good luck with the new set up
-
If this campaign is serious about road safety I reckon that if your picture is taken by a speed camera the letter containing the fine should be personally delivered to your door within 24hrs, if not sooner. Or contact by phone ASAP. Waiting two weeks or longer for the fine to arrive and have you continue on your merry way unaware is not acceptable if this is about safety. But it never was about safety it's all about revenue.
-
Very impressed. How many Nm @ Rpm?? Good luck with the 10 sec pass.
-
have you forgotten about the $300 million howard gave to saddam hussein? then set up an investigation where none of his party could be accountable? agreed rudd could have spent the money more wisely.
-
^^^ Thanks for clearing that up for me. Good luck on your next run, will be great to see a vid when you nail a 10 sec pass!!!
-
Why TH400? And not C4 or C6 ??????
-
I used to work nights and my neighbour has two large dogs that he locks up in an area 2m X 2m, for 9hrs per day. If they weren't barking they yelped ALL day, at nothing. I rang the RSPCA to report cruelty to animals. They asked "are the dogs in good condition" if so it is not cruel to lock animals up in an area where it can only just turn around. So I asked the lady from RSPCA "how would you feel if I locked you in the broom closet for 9hrs, 5 days a week?" She suggested ringing council, which I did they said they needed three seperate complaints before any action was taken. I found a bucket of water over fence works wonders, this is not cruel. Locking up large dogs in confined area is. Now if they are barking I only have to open my fence and noise stops instantly. Good luck mate there is nothing worse!
-
doors are locking, I'm just going to live with it thanks
-
Doors locking ok. When I lock door with key- no horn beep. But I have to use two different keys, one to open or close door and another key to start car. It has obviously had a new (second hand) door fitted after accident.
-
Yeah it only use to beep when pushed twice, but now does it after one press only
-
Just replaced a fuse controlling the door lock actuators. Now whenever I lock it the horn sounds the only thing I've done is swap the fuse. How can I disable this, its au AU 2. I tried a couple of searches and workshop manual but found nothing. If this seems like a repost torch away but please provide a link or awnser. Thanx in advance.
-
No none of the falcon utes have IRS. Please ford don't follow Expensive Daewoo with their IRS utes. The Late model camira may drive better unloaded in the road tests, but in the real world with half a ton or more of load they are going to struggle at the same time eating tyres because with IRS the rear track is constantly changing with every throttle or brake application and every bump. In years to come the most common replacement (apart from tyres) for Expensive Daewoo utes will be the four uni-joints in the half shafts. Not so with a live rear axle. If you don't want a skittish ride in an unloaded ute get a sedan. I thought the best falcon ute available for a workhorse was the superseeded RTV ute. Increased ground clearance and a manually locking diff (under 40km/h). The local gov bought these in big numbers because they were a sensible package. To my knowledge there is only one ute in the world made with IRS, that'a because its a stupid idea. Anyway that's my 2cents worth.
-
If it is stock Go to hardware store and buy a 8x4 sheet of plywood and a tin of paint. Create a sign saying - MOTOR STUFFED NO WARRANTY BUILT FORD ROUGH $ 40000 LEMON Drag your ute outside dealership, include your phone no. Also put a small sign inside car on dashboard saying "awaiting mechanical repairs", this should avoid any parking tickets. You've nothing to lose- trust me this will get results. A mate had a new home built that leaked every time it rained. He tried for months to get leaks fixed, but builder kept giving him the run-around. He made a similar sign, the builder rang him and said" remove sign" his reply was "which one? I've made about two dozen can't remember where they all are". Leaks were fixed within a week. Good luck mate
-
Just read current august wheels mag hinting at a 351ci V8. I rebember an article in wheels in about 1999 the 351 was going to return, cover story titled "welcome back big mutha", as you know it didn't happen. Instead they bought out a V8 with 3kW more than a n/a Xr6. I would hate to see a GTHO badged falcon released if it didn't live up to the name. Keep this title for something really special, like a s/c or twin turbo V8 model not a 10 or 15kW increase over standard V8 engine. A GTHO badge should demand this sort of respect I love the sound of a high revving V8 as much as the next bloke but I'd rather a motor that made MASSIVE torque just above idle. Don't want to see ford going down the same path as holden. The early SS commodores used to be weapons, now the current SS's are lucky to keep up with a well tuned turbo diesel or xr6t.
-
Mine was a 1978 Datsun 200B sedan, orange with globe mags and 235s. My mates used to call it the Bee. Indestructable motor but weak gearboxes and diffs. I did so many handbrake turns it ripped the subframe spotwelds away from the body, really thought I'd stuffed it. Dad put a jack under subframe and drilled out broken spotwleds and repaired with pop rivets, then back up the mountains rallying. Used to drive it so hard that when you turned the ignition off it would still run on pre-ignition for about 30 seconds (roughly its time over the quarter). Sold it to my old history teacher
-
I have been to ultratune a few times (jesmond near newcastle), always been happy with the work performed, and the bill. They even washed my filthy old ute before collection. I use to replace mum's brake pads on her diahatsu charade, when I was out of town she took it to ultratune. They supplied and fitted brake pads cheaper than I could buy them at repco. And no I don't work for them and not associated in any way.
-
just found a blown 30 amp fuse, will replace tomorrow. (fuse no 19) Why would it blow? sticky locks? 30 amps seems like a lot to lock 2 doors
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.